#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

My initial reaction to the drawing when it first appeared was I thought it was a joke. I then quickly wrote it off when I learned it was real. However, I stumbled blindly into a drop at one of the dealers right when it hit last week, and picked up one of the micarta. I hadn't intended to get one, but when anything drops lately it's react immediately or forget about it. So I panicked and got one.

I've already passed it along to another member in a trade, but I took a quick look before I sent it along. It is a sweet looking knife. The micarta with the shield looks fantastic, and I don't even like shields usually. I didn't touch or open it, so can't comment on the action. I also have no beard and keep what hair I have left trimmed almost to nothing... so no use for a comb. But I've changed my mind about this knife after seeing one in person, seeing all the pics on here, and thinking about some of it's useful qualities, especially with that nice spear. It's too bad they didn't make more of these so more people could get them who really want one.

I wrote a letter to Bill Howard and told him "Put down the crack pipe !", last time. This time ,he can take another puff !!! Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

Hey Mr. Mike ! I love that Italian magnet slip that you have on your web-sight. I want one with my next CK order. ---- My last hand written letter and email to Bill Howard was a real Duesy ! I want GEC to make #35 "MUFF DIVER" knife . ("MUFF DIVER" shield --- natural white bone --- spear blade -- cap lifter -- "HAIR PIE" removal tool !!!!) That letter is getting framed on the wall !!!! Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! " LOOK OUT FOR THE KRAZIES !" BAW-HA ! HA ! HA ! HA ! HA !

I don't think Bill Howard is the one smoking crack.:)

I am drug and alcohol free. I had a traumatic brain injury in 1989 . I had to have right dead arm removed. " I aint right , I'm all left !" Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I am in 24/7 severe chronic phantom pain for the rest of my life. I have tried almost everything. I spend my extra money on tradition folders and fixed blade knives. There is no bigger high than to help a collector find that new GEC knife before it sells out. There is no better high than to give a CASE XX , Queen , S&M ,GEC, or a Boker knife to the deserving. Children that make straight AAAs and local War Vet friends that are my favorite to bless. Drugs , cigarettes , and booze is for suckers. I love that new CASE XX Kick-start Trapper or a GEC knife in my left hand. Collecting knives keeps me happy and helps me keep my mind off the pain. I love to cut fool on the knife different forums and watch the blade bullies dog pile on my comments. I am having fun ! The world has always hated me from birth , but Jesus loves me just the way I am ! (edit) Everything is cool ! I love all the blade folks. I never mad or offended on the knife forums. We all have different taste and views. We are here to learn and find better knives ! When I flip out , I always ask for forgiveness . Life is too short to stay mad forever ! I got stressed out buying GEC knives two years ago. After I reached 85+ GEC knives , I have chilled out . I have learned how to buy knives at the release date price. The best GEC knives are coming in the future. Don't chase the past knives on Evil-bay. We gotta keep Great Eastern cutlery running strong. I got GEC#35s in the mail. This #74 run is boss with the best choices.

Last edited:
I am drug and alcohol free. I had a traumatic brain injury in 1989 . I had to have right dead arm removed. " I aint right , I'm all left !" Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I am in 24/7 severe chronic phantom pain for the rest of my life. I have tried almost everything. I spend my extra money on tradition folders and fixed blade knives. There is no bigger high than to help a collector find that new GEC knife before it sells out. There is no better high than to give a CASE XX , Queen , S&M ,GEC, or a Boker knife to the deserving. Children that make straight AAAs and local War Vet friends that are my favorite to bless. Drugs , cigarettes , and booze is for suckers. I love that new CASE XX Kick-start Trapper or a GEC knife in my left hand. Collecting knives keeps me happy and helps me keep my mind off the pain. I love to cut fool on the knife different forums and watch the blade bullies dog pile on my comments. I am having fun ! The world has always hated me from birth , but Jesus loves me just the way I am !
I hope the smiley face in my post conveyed that I was just messing with you. You are one of the most enthusiastic knife enthusiasts that I've ever seen on any forum and I find that inspiring.

#74 Mustang Arizona iron-wood knives are on the GEC Schedule. Your Cocobolo #74 knife needs a new #74 iron-wood brother !
I caved in on that one, and will eventually have one on the way.

In other news, my ebony 35s are currently en route and touring the midwest before arriving it seems. My pocket knives are often more traveled than I am! I am interested to compare the thickness of the BS to the MG.

I caved in on that one, and will eventually have one on the way.

In other news, my ebony 35s are currently en route and touring the midwest before arriving it seems. My pocket knives are often more traveled than I am! I am interested to compare the thickness of the BS to the MG.
Here is the MG (right) vs a Churchill (left). From our FB group. Not my pic.
0TlTYGh.jpg

I hope the smiley face in my post conveyed that I was just messing with you. You are one of the most enthusiastic knife enthusiasts that I've ever seen on any forum and I find that inspiring.
Thank You ! I like joking around. And when I am wrong about a knife , I want to be corrected. We all learn so much on this web-sight. I really appreciate knowledgeable Knife folks. Especially Mr. Charlie , He is a treasure of blade knowledge. We are so fortunate to have him here.

I'll bet it feels like more in hand.

Yeah, ~ .020 - a tad more than 3/16" - is noticeable in length, let alone thickness.
Edit:
Should be: ~ .020 - a tad more than 3/160" - should be hardly noticeable. :confused::D

Last edited:
Kind of hard to see but I'm getting some rub on the comb. Its coming into contact with the upper part of the main blade tang. Anyone else getting this?

IMG_0199 by jacob dudley, on Flickr

IMG_0200 by jacob dudley, on Flickr
That's the reason I searched this thread. Mine is exactly the same. Was wondering if it was an issue for anyone else. Now I'm wondering if the others I have coming are the same.

Back