.38 Special!!

About 15 minutes or so, taking it out a few times to check progress. Yeah it stunk up the house something fierce! :D

Oh man I did that too Philllll, but Micro-waved the Vinegar- oh man!... that was like you say- something fierce!!

A small pruner secondary would be nice, if the frame has the room for it!
Similar in shape to the Victorinox pruner blade, but a bit shorter blade height, if needed.

Another option could be to keep the clip and put in a lambsfoot secondary with a catch bit. The blade wouldn't be felt during use of the main but still could offer some length, utility and a straight edge, as well as bringing a lambsfoot back into production!

I'd like to see a secondary blade, coping or lambs foot preferably. To me it just doesn't look right with a single blade. Hopefully GEC will change this.

Will this be coming after the 13's or is there something else slated that I've managed to miss?

I was just hoping to see another run of whittlers when I saw 38 special it never crossed my mind it would be a single blade. Oh well ill probably buy one anyway lol.:D

The 38 is a little larger than what I've been carrying lately, but if they decide to throw a coping on the other end then I'm definitely in for one.
It looked beautiful as a whittler, but it just looks a little whacky as a single blade.

I'd like to see the 38 whittler again, but with a wharncliffe main a curved cope secondary (like queen did on their recent jumbo whittler) and a small clip secondary just like they did on the 57 geppetto whittler. That be about perfect in my mind.

I'd like to see the 38 whittler again, but with a wharncliffe main a curved cope secondary (like queen did on their recent jumbo whittler) and a small clip secondary just like they did on the 57 geppetto whittler. That be about perfect in my mind.

Im in for one of these myself lol.:D

c71b2a75965173386142f65023ac84f9.jpg

My two favorite 38's

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

After two years of release date, I found this one. My first 38 frame and I like it a lot!
Just wondering how this style of main blade is called... Some kind of Sheepfoot?

After two years of release date, I found this one. My first 38 frame and I like it a lot!
Just wondering how this style of main blade is called... Some kind of Sheepfoot?

I believe that most people might call it a Pruner or a Hawkbill.

That Ivory Bone Lick Creek is a grand find. Won't willingly part with mine, cost me a pretty penny too what with postage and import tax. Worth it though!

That Ivory Bone Lick Creek is a grand find. Won't willingly part with mine, cost me a pretty penny too what with postage and import tax. Worth it though!

Thanks, Will!
I started to admire the SFO's of the Farmer Jack the more I read in threads concerning the 38.
Your pictures of the yellow and cranberry pick bone versions were very inspiring! :)

Looks like the new run will be available soon. These single blade versions appear to have sunken tangs.

GEC38RedMicarta_zpsuucpkn9l.jpg

Back