4max updates

Wow. Having recently picked up a Rajah II in BD1, and seeing the thickness of the blade, and the massive size of both the pivot and the Triad pin...The 4MAX is going to be a flat out monster, to be the strongest Cold Steel folder on the market. And I have no doubt that it will be.

Andrew Demko and Lynn, I hoping you guys would read this.....

The 4max will be a great knife if you guys can tweak the base of the edge and plunge grind ratio. it's amateurish to have a base of the edge that curves down after sharpening when its not even a re-curved blade shape. also i'd hate to see a sharpening choil but the edge doesn't get sharpened all the way to the heel. lastly, get rid of those miniature jimping on top of a larger jimping.

And i forgot for the price, maybe the pivot screw should be changed. it looks like those china made screws from McMaster.

This edge needs improvement.

Someone fell asleep while sharpening this. (Wobbled edge)

Last edited:
It's a very nice design, and it may be the first CS knife that I buy- but- is it possible to move the name closer to the pivot and make the print much smaller?
I don't spend that kind of money on the custom blades I buy to carry around a billboard for the manufacturer. It's a beautiful design that shouldn't be lessened by such big type on the blade. I'd rather the CS name or logo be etched into the lock bar on the spine or possibly put on the clip.
Otherwise I'll be adding one to my collection and will be looking forward to using it often.
Please don't take this as somebody looking to bash the knife or brand, rather from someone who is generally a low key kinda guy who likes his top end gear the same way.
Keep up the great work.

It's a very nice design, and it may be the first CS knife that I buy- but- is it possible to move the name closer to the pivot and make the print much smaller?
I don't spend that kind of money on the custom blades I buy to carry around a billboard for the manufacturer. It's a beautiful design that shouldn't be lessened by such big type on the blade. I'd rather the CS name or logo be etched into the lock bar on the spine or possibly put on the clip.
Otherwise I'll be adding one to my collection and will be looking forward to using it often.
Please don't take this as somebody looking to bash the knife or brand, rather from someone who is generally a low key kinda guy who likes his top end gear the same way.
Keep up the great work.

1. the knife will probably gonna be closer to $300+ when out in the market. Some popular site are taking pre-order for $350, which is close to ZT's price, even cheaper, size/materials considered.
2. speaking about billboarding, look at ZT's new high end 0804 and other models, or any Benchmade. the "4max" letter here pales in comparison.

Cold Steel Knives,

Any new info on a possible release date for this bad boy?

They should make the blades on these sterile. No writing or way smaller.

ColdSteel_4Max.JPG

The original image was sterile, grind lines and all. Maybe it was too much like the custom.

62RMf.jpg

This one is the final version.

I dont understand why CS didn't go with a satin polish though...

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Saw a thread dated in January 2015 on this knife. Here we are 1.25 years later, and still waiting. Goes on for much longer I may forget all about it, what with my aging brain and all that rot.

I actually kind of like the stonewashed blade, especially for a user. Sterile would be cool, but it's a production knife so I expect some kind of blade marking, and I can live with it. I'm just ready for this knife to drop.

Looks darn good that final version, except the writing...or font. Its so bad tacky 80s like all the cold steel fonts and design of model names lettering and art. Sterile looks so much better.

Stonewashes are nice the way Cold Steel does them, and I think it suits the handle as well. I kinda like the logo on the blade.

I don't mind the finish or logo, I'm just glad they went back to a somewhat pointier point. :thumbup:

Anyone hear any updates on this? I am getting a bit antsy here...

Back