4max updates

Buy what?

;)

What's this thread about? LOL!!

EXACTLY!!!!! What's a 4Max? Haven't seen one for sale anywhere yet. Cold Steel is giving us all a chance to have second thoughts about spending that much on a knife. Reflexively and impulsively, I would have already bought one had they been available. And looking at the Spyderco Tatanka, I have a feeling the money I would have used to buy a 4Max may soon be spent on something that is available. ;-)

The sky has fallen! Hoping to see it at retailers soon...$600 :eek:

MSRP vs Street price guys............... A quick search on google and you should have a good idea on the real street price...

200-250 would be more realistic for such a knife

Err... such *what* knife??

Just some perspective for the new comer who might get hater confused, all street price:
1. ZT0804 with 2/3 the amount of steel cost $280
2. ZT0456 cost $240 and is less than 8 inch long cost $268+
3. Benchmade 940-1, which is almost 1/2 the knife cost $260+
4. Emerson Super Commander, smaller knife with much thinner blade and 154CM steel cost $300
5. Strider SNG/SMF, less harduse, less steel, IMO lesser F&F - $400+
6. Hinderer, Chris Reeve - Well, can of worms here, don't wanna cause any butthurt...

Cold Steel 4 Max - triad lock, titanium liner, 4.5mm thick CPM-20CV with triad lock & made in USA - $350-375 street price.

People complain about CS uses crap steel, CS upgraded. People complains about F&F, CS stepped it up. People complains about not made in the US(like it matters) and slave labors, here is 4 Max. Now people complain about the price......

You can never make everyone happy. Buy what you like. Don't like it, more stocks for people who wants it.

MSRP vs Street price guys............... A quick search on google and you should have a good idea on the real street price...

But only available through CS now for $600...

The special projects site.......its less than the msrp price on the cold steel site

Last edited:
Give it 6 months and I bet you'll find them in the exchange for $200-$250 deepening on the condition.
Cheers

I have one on preorder from a reputable dealer in Cajun Country. Price seemed reasonable. Looking forward to getting my hands on it :)

Back