4max updates

It was delivered just as I was leaving for work so no pics. Quick once over and the only issue I can find with it is the grind is uneven but still very sharp. The pocket clip is typical crazy tight but that's fixable. The G10 just a touch smoother than the Ultimate Hunter and the lock bar looks nice and high when the blade is open leaving plenty of life to wear in. Funny thing is the box has pics of an early prototype on it. Can't wait to spend more time with it.

Hey guys:

I shipped my 4-Max to TheApostleP to review. He should have gotten it Saturday 5/28. I am curious to see his opinion - Link

Alright, got the pocket clip loosened a bit and carried it yesterday. It is a pocket hog but that was to be expected. I reserve my front right pocket solely for my edc knife so that's a nonissue for me. Action is smooth and lock pops when unlocking but isn't overly difficult.

I'm happy with mine though it's not perfect. And that's not really a bad thing as I've had customs costing much more with larger, more glaring functional issues, this knife feels custom.

My nitpicky issues are:
-stop pin is a little proud of the G10 on the left side.
-edge grind is uneven
-"ricasso" was ground a bit on the left side, though the entire edge is sharpened. No dead spot like many CS folders.

4MAX

With the Ultimate Hunter. I find these two very similar, like Bruce Banner and the Hulk or Jekyll and Hyde.

And some comparison shots with others.

XL Recon 1

Recon 1

ZT 0300BW

CS Hold Out III

And because a bad ass knife needs bad ass company.

I love this knife. My only complaint is that when closed the blade is a little too long for the handle and my finger tip has been cut a few times while reaching for the knife in my pocket. Has anyone else experienced this?

I love this knife. My only complaint is that when closed the blade is a little too long for the handle and my finger tip has been cut a few times while reaching for the knife in my pocket. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine is close. But I'd have to push my finger deliberately into the gap pretty hard to get cut. I can just catch the tip if I try.

I think there s a lot to like about the 4 Max. But for my uses the 4 Max is bigger than I need for 98% of my work. I have the Ultimate Hunter and I think this is a great size for my needs and very similar in design and build to the 4 Max. But I also prefer the PM2 to the Military. The smaller knife is better for me. I can t see carrying the 4 Max very often. Maybe if it was 3 oz lighter with a slightly smaller blade. Still a very attractive knife.

I think there s a lot to like about the 4 Max. But for my uses the 4 Max is bigger than I need for 98% of my work. I have the Ultimate Hunter and I think this is a great size for my needs and very similar in design and build to the 4 Max. But I also prefer the PM2 to the Military. The smaller knife is better for me. I can t see carrying the 4 Max very often. Maybe if it was 3 oz lighter with a slightly smaller blade. Still a very attractive knife.
I think its mostly a "just for fun" and collection blade, mainly for those who could not afford or attain a true Demko custom

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Hey guys, TheApostleP reviews my 4 max. It was shipped to him ~5 weeks ago. I've checked his channel every day and I'm anxious to get it back ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-z1-x_RU0

Yup, he pretty much sums up my sentiments about this model. It would be difficult to find as large a knife as the 4Max that slices like a Spyderco Delica...but that's exactly the way it slices. It's got Demko's fingerprints all over it. And furthermore it performs identically as one of his customs in my usage. You're gonna love it...Congrats!

Yup, he pretty much sums up my sentiments about this model. It would be difficult to find as large a knife as the 4Max that slices like a Spyderco Delica...but that's exactly the way it slices. It's got Demko's fingerprints all over it. And furthermore it performs identically as one of his customs in my usage. You're gonna love it...Congrats!

The way he was fondling it, it has ApostleP's fingerprints all over it.

Hey guys, TheApostleP reviews my 4 max. It was shipped to him ~5 weeks ago. I've checked his channel every day and I'm anxious to get it back ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-z1-x_RU0

Nerve wracking watching him close it halfway with his hand in the way over and over. Kept waiting for him to lose fingers. Nice review verbally of details and such, but i had a hard time concentrating due to the constant manhandling and opening and closing.

Please excuse my ignorance, but does Demko design his customs with handles this long too? 6" handle for 4" blade? That is not a criticism, just curiosity. A lot of the XL handles are also long, but they mostly have >5" blades. Different designs I know. I am curious about the ergos mostly, because it is a big folder for carry no matter how you slice it (or how it slices ;) )

yes, that's a Demko design feature. the longer handle allows more security and more leverage when really bearing down. i seem to remember him mentioning it in a thread on the ultimate hunter maybe

Back