5th Annual: Help Us Build a Buck: Fixed Blade (Giveaway)

Choose the fixed blade model.

• Buck 104 Compadre

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • Buck 105 Pathfinder

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Buck 119 Special

Votes: 23 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went with a 104. It would look great with a checkered handle of some sort.

But which one everyone decides on I am sure will be a great knife and I will be in for one or two whatever the final choice is.

Thanks SK Blades.

Last edited:
104 here also...The 105 and 119 have been done to death, especially 119. I like both, I would just like to see a different model once in awhile...

That’s a tough choice and first put 105 cause I don’t have that blade length yet but changed to 104 cause that being a full tang and a bit beefier blade for camp and trail use. If it has a stainless blade I’d rather have 420hc for the toughness but if it has 5160 I would be concerned about rust if it doesn’t have Cerakote. I’ve had some bad experiences with non stainless knives out camping in the wet and not everyone knowing to keep them clean dry and oiled. But which ever I’m sure will be a really nice knife.

I voted for the 119, but have to say, there’s not a bad choice in the bunch! -Lance

104 is a winner on size for me but the 119 and 105 look like they will have better options... I think for me 119 wins over the 105 so right now 119 is just a touch ahead of the 104 and the 105 just a hair behind the 104.

skblades skblades a few questions before I vote.
I would imagine the features of the 104 Compadre are open to all facets of design (meaning the handle material, Cerakote or not).
Or would it be limited to the existing features of the orange powder coated "old" Compadre or the "new" black Cerakote model (which I've been eye-balling)?
As I'm writing this I think the answer is obvious, but I decided to post anyway, for clarification purposes :rolleyes:
If nothing else in my old age, I've learned to proceed cautiously - although I still don't always do so :)
Thank you for your extraordinary efforts.
OG

The 119 has been done so much I couldn't possibly see something so unique I would buy another.
The 105 I have personally no use for.
I wanna like the compadre and just don't.
Maybe seeing configurations done differently would change my mind.
I personally would have rathered other choices.
For these reasons I won't vote and see what the forum comes up with. Maybe you guys will change my mind when the build is done.

I'll stick with the 105, great all around blade...much rather it be the 118, but I like the 105, also. Just don't want any Cerakote!

I am with you 100% Preston!

I can't actually commit to buy right now, but I do love these annual builds you do. I am torn between the 105 and the 119. I think I will vote for the 105, that way I could join the pathfinder's club ;)

Another super good reason to vote for the 105!

I vote for a 105, bg 42 and stag

Not only YES! But HELL YES! :D:D:D

I would imagine the features of the 104 Compadre are open to all facets of design (meaning the handle material, Cerakote or not).
Or would it be limited to the existing features of the orange powder coated "old" Compadre or the "new" black Cerakote model (which I've been eye-balling)?
As I'm writing this I think the answer is obvious, but I decided to post anyway, for clarification purposes :rolleyes:
If nothing else in my old age, I've learned to proceed cautiously - although I still don't always do so :)
OG
Pretty much everything up to s35vn would be an option. To save cost, a different cerakote with 5160 may be the winner. Just depends on the voting! Handle material is wide open.

I voted for the 105, better for me as an all around knife. S35vn with a OD green micarta handle.

OG
I am interested in these questions as well. I voted 119, but would like a 104 with a more "traditional" look.

Pretty much everything up to s35vn would be an option. To save cost, a different cerakote with 5160 may be the winner. Just depends on the voting! Handle material is wide open.
Thank you.
Voted for the 104, but I'm definitely in for anyway the wind blows (apologies to J.J. Cale ;))
OG

skblades skblades is a flat grind eventually an option for the blades? I feel like a flat grind 119 would be something special but if it would be sticking with the tried and true hollow grind, I may have to vote differently.

I voted 105 for now but I think the 104 could be pretty tantalizing. I think I like the 119 the most but as others have pointed out, it's been customized to death. I wouldn't be apposed to one with a different grind though. Love my 5160 119, would be stellar with a little more robust tip and maybe a little less swedge. It digs into my thumbs a bit when carving. Love the weight to blade length ration on it though, really most bucks for that matter.

I could see a frontier being something pretty neat as a customized option also, but maybe that's something for the future.

I voted for the Compadre since I don't have one and want to win it and show it off to everyone around here. I am shallow that way.
Or if I won it I might give it to my nephew for bday. He is getting into camping and hunting and it would a nice, quality knife for a guy to start with.

Back