7/7

It makes sense for Guy to build a few of each model as the parts arrive in his shop to see how things are going to come together and identify any problems.
Having done that it also makes sense for him to ship those knives to the appropriate end users.
I've also heard that it helps with the monotony to build a different model every once in a while.
I find it hard to decide when a model has actually begun shipping in volume because of the way they ease into it.
If everything ran smoothly I'd have to come up with a hobby to replace Survive watching... ;)

I'm not entirely convinced Survive! Knives actually exists. I mean, I know that there is some internet entity that takes money, but whether or not they ship a knife is yet to be determined!

I've got two on order, a 4.1 from September, 2015, and a 7/7 2nd from January. I see that Guy is now saying that the backlog will be caught up in "months not years," but I have a hard time deciphering what that means in S!K-ese. I wouldn't be counting on a preorder 7/7 soon, as they are behind what seems to be a giant amount of 2nds and 4.1s.

ETA: My 2nd post in 10 years! Not too shabby. I'll try to come up with something else to say by 2027. Hopefully it will be a review of my 4.1!

I'm not entirely convinced Survive! Knives actually exists. I mean, I know that there is some internet entity that takes money, but whether or not they ship a knife is yet to be determined!

I've got two on order, a 4.1 from September, 2015, and a 7/7 2nd from January. I see that Guy is now saying that the backlog will be caught up in "months not years," but I have a hard time deciphering what that means in S!K-ese. I wouldn't be counting on a preorder 7/7 soon, as they are behind what seems to be a giant amount of 2nds and 4.1s.

ETA: My 2nd post in 10 years! Not too shabby. I'll try to come up with something else to say by 2027. Hopefully it will be a review of my 4.1!
Ha! If they were really vapor-ware, none of us would have collections of GSO models :rolleyes:

The good news is that 4.1s and 7/7s are currently in the shop.

I'm going to go mark my calendar now so I don't miss your review in 2027!

A few months did turn into a few years. Lets pray knives are actually being made and up to 90 days does not turn into 3650 days!!
My 90 days is up July 7th for my FS 7/7. Would be awesome if it was somewhere near that date.

A few months did turn into a few years. Lets pray knives are actually being made and up to 90 days does not turn into 3650 days!!
My 90 days is up July 7th for my FS 7/7. Would be awesome if it was somewhere near that date.
Depending on when folks ordered, wait times of years definitely is a real thing, but I don't doubt the knives are being worked on.

I hope your 90 day promise is met or exceeded :thumbsup:

Oh I am a fisherman...Very patient. I can last much longer than 90, but it would be cool if it was met!

I Second that Silver,talk to Guy last week on my Factory 2nd and he told me my 4.1 2nd would be shipping this week & as of today still no Shipping notice.Sounds like more Broken Promises from Survive! Called Yesterday & left a Message & also called today but No answer.Seems like Same Ol Runaround & Broken Promises.Seems like Survive! can not deliver on there quoted 90 days 2nd Orders.Has Anybody on this Forum Received there 90 day Factory 2nd Orders on Time??

I Second that Silver,talk to Guy last week on my Factory 2nd and he told me my 4.1 2nd would be shipping this week & as of today still no Shipping notice.Sounds like more Broken Promises from Survive! Called Yesterday & left a Message & also called today but No answer.Seems like Same Ol Runaround & Broken Promises.Seems like Survive! can not deliver on there quoted 90 days 2nd Orders.Has Anybody on this Forum Received there 90 day Factory 2nd Orders on Time??
For the company and their longevity, I hope they start meeting deadlines.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say"

I have three 2nds on order. My 90 days are up June 15th and then 22nd and 29th. I'd be really happy if I had one of them in June.

I ordered my second on feb 3 so im way past 90 days and not a word from survive. Just that same monthly update that says soon...

I ordered my second on feb 3 so im way past 90 days and not a word from survive. Just that same monthly update that says soon...
It would be pretty messed up if you got yours before me. :p I am waiting going 2 years now. While I'm sure it will be a great knife and all when I get it, I'm not going to be buying any from them in the future.

I agree with ya, just venting a bit. I had a friend who loved my 3.5 and i talked him into pre-ordering a 2.7 when i ordered my new 5.1. I got my 5.1 fairly quickly and he's still waiting on his 2.7 so now i get a phone call at least once a week to hear him complain about it and how b.s. it is. I almost picked one up off ebay but i knew id never hear the end of it if i got one before he did haha

Looks like the 7/7 Factory 2nds are all gone. I got the "Sorry, all steel options are currently unavailable" message when I checked earlier today.

Glad I placed my order when I did! :)

They will very likely post more seconds in the future.
If I had to guess I'd say they want to sell out the GSO 4 Limited before they release more seconds.

Some new pics from Survive! Knives,7/7 GSO,on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVVf4hKjv8D/?taken-by=surviveknives

Last edited:
I have three 2nds on order. My 90 days are up June 15th and then 22nd and 29th. I'd be really happy if I had one of them in June.

I wish it was so. But i am about to go on 150 days on 150 dwys on my "90 days to delivery". I dont really care. But it is getting kind of old. The knives are very nice. I have 3 more on order. But i think it is more than wearing on a lot of people. Think back a year or two. Available knives sold out in hours. I think the last batch of 7/7 seconds was available. Fot likr 5 days. That is a huge change. I hope i am wrong for the sake of survive. I want to see them successful. They are my favorite knives i have owned in a long time.

Yeah i noticed that too. I don't know if people are just kind of burned out with the 7/7 sales or they're just losing interest in survive in general. It could also be people are waiting to see the knives start shipping before ordering anything.

I've thought about ordering another 2nd (either a 4.1 or a 7/7) but I have to admit. The thought crossed my mind, this company will fold and I'll never see the knives I ordered.

I didn't do any pre orders that have taken years. I don't have that in me. Hopefully the 90 day orders aren't six months I guess.

Back