Photos A Walk in Nature

C cello dan :"I went to the bathroom and squeezed my clothes as dry as I could and tried to dry them in the hand dryer."
This particular KFC outlet has closed his doors since, being unable to pay the electricity bill... 🤓

Seriously, I love travelling with you. 👍

igyNO2w.jpg
Great pictures, Mike. 🤠 :thumbsup:

C cello dan :"I went to the bathroom and squeezed my clothes as dry as I could and tried to dry them in the hand dryer."
This particular KFC outlet has closed his doors since, being unable to pay the electricity bill... 🤓

Seriously, I love travelling with you. 👍

Gracias Alain! , I am glad you enjoyed my little adventure and "misadventures" :)

About that KFC, it serves them well after that salty/oily meal they had served me a bit earlier :D
... and I wear extra large everything so I am sure my clothes drying had an impact on their electric bill LOL 🤓

Booked the day off for some mid-week hiking (weekends are hectic on the trails out here)! Went for a double today, starting out with an easy hike to Boom Lake, followed by a short hike up to Silverton Falls.

Echoing the previous comments Mike :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing :)
What a beautiful scenery to walk and take in along with your better half :)

2ImUk98.jpg

♻️ pic

So after almost two months working at camp my oldest daughter came home and we promptly headed out for our last family camping of the season.

We are camping about 7 hours away from home in the Georgian Bay, Lake Huron area.

8ZK8DUr.jpg

Kgeb3b8.jpg

vxeyAE6.jpg

SZBMOYK.jpg
That’s a great looking crappie Dan. Crappie are good eating and make great fish tacos! 😊👍

CelloDan CelloDan I just caught up on this thread and I really enjoyed your photos and stories from your trips in Esperanza! Thanks for sharing all that! :thumbsup: 🙂

How did the Pioneer X work out for fishing duty? Although I haven’t done much this year, I enjoy a bit of kayak fishing, and I always find that when I need to cut some fishing line or something, my hands are usually busy trying to do two or three other things at the same time. If your PFD has any pockets/storage on the front (I think I caught a glance of it in one or two of your photos and it looked like it might), one thing I’ve found that works great is one of those retractable name badge holders and a very small but quality pair of sewing scissors. The little snap loop that would normally pass through the top of a name badge fits nicely around one of the finger holes on the scissors, and the fact that it’s retractable keeps them accessible but out of the way.

That’s a great looking crappie Dan. Crappie are good eating and make great fish tacos! 😊👍

Thanks Todd, first time I catch one :)
I was happy to see that when I pulled it out as I heard they are great eating.
I’ll be getting the cast iron skillet and panko out today lol
The bite felt different. I was using a drop shot rig.

CelloDan CelloDan I just caught up on this thread and I really enjoyed your photos and stories from your trips in Esperanza! Thanks for sharing all that! :thumbsup: 🙂

How did the Pioneer X work out for fishing duty? Although I haven’t done much this year, I enjoy a bit of kayak fishing, and I always find that when I need to cut some fishing line or something, my hands are usually busy trying to do two or three other things at the same time. If your PFD has any pockets/storage on the front (I think I caught a glance of it in one or two of your photos and it looked like it might), one thing I’ve found that works great is one of those retractable name badge holders and a very small but quality pair of sewing scissors. The little snap loop that would normally pass through the top of a name badge fits nicely around one of the finger holes on the scissors, and the fact that it’s retractable keeps them accessible but out of the way.

Gracias Barret 😊

Great idea about the retractable name badges 👍
I do have a couple extras at home from work.
I didn’t use my pioneer x while fishing on Esperanza in the end as I have a set of tiny scissors in my tackle box.

Yesterday was my first time fishing from a kayak and I hear you when you mentioned doing several things at once.

That poor crappie was flopping on the floor, ended caught under the seat, I was trying not to drop my rod in the water… Exciting 😊
My PDF has a couple nice pockets to use with the retractable badge/small scissors 👍

This morning I wanted to get up early and go for more but after the hiking, swimming, fishing of yesterday my whole body aches and I am just sitting here, drinking mate and talking with my wife … the troops are still sleeping 😴 … teenagers these days :rolleyes::D

Here is a pic my daughters took yesterday while out on their own adventures

qtyNuBl.jpg

We knew this day would come… The last midweek hike of the season as work picks up for both of us going forward. Decided to try for a good one, and went with a hike through Paradise Valley in Banff National Park. Bit of a long post...

PART 1

This one is a bit of a drive from us, so we were out of the house by 5:30am, racing the sun West.

tcxLLql.jpg

Arrived at the trailhead around 8am

r0KYm3J.jpg

u9p1OXB.jpg

Our planned trip would take us to Lake Annette, then onwards to Giant Steps, a little over 20km out and back.

Sun caught us a little bit up the trail :)

4XndXiK.jpg

Lambsfoot came along for the hike

OB7CLMn.jpg

yzddUTx.jpg

Hope you like trees, creeks and streams… We saw a lot of them :D

NTeJ2x9.jpg

GMSUB0j.jpg

1RjvkmZ.jpg

ZwAEAia.jpg

R45r2D8.jpg

PhgpWFS.jpg

Isn’t it too early for frost?!

IAWEnV4.jpg

First stop, coming out of the trees to Lake Annette. The sun was not in a great place, so pictures are pretty poor. We’ll get some more on the way back later in the day.

WhUfinR.jpg

7TK95tQ.jpg

Onwards and upwards. We must go up to go over and back down.

A look down the valley

IqTa5JO.jpg

Crossing a rock fall before going back into the trees. If you squint really hard, the Giant Steps are almost dead center in this picture. The white smudge in the trees below the glaciers.

VvDGdcx.jpg

Nothing quite like the Rocky Mountains to make you feel small!

9QzZvVx.jpg

To be continued...

PART 2

Back into the trees. A couple small creek crossings, didn’t even get the shoes wet ;)

WMIJDlL.jpg

Got to the Giant Steps in perfect time - For lunch ;)

JMQ1meh.jpg

4uiF5eu.jpg

oqOSwz2.jpg

JBcKGR3.jpg

Lambsfoot needed some attention.

wjx2TYo.jpg

Climbed up to the top to find a spot for lunch.

KIQb5MS.jpg

CStH9sN.jpg

Lunch spot came with a heck of a view!

ZqRebTn.jpg

After that it was time to head back.

The sun was in a much better spot when we returned to Lake Annette. Gotta love the blue of mountain lakes!

MurlVJJ.jpg

KRLxZoW.jpg

Total time on the trail was around 7.5 hours. Was a long day and I’m hoping my knees and I are on speaking terms again in a day or so!

Epic finish to your midweek hikes guys 👍😊
Hopefully you get a couple weekend ones too before the arrival of the white stuff 😊

I will look at all the wonderful pics again when we get home from camping on a bigger screen with better resolution 👍

I too picked my Lambsfoot to carry for today 😊

Thanks for sharing Mike !

Carrying my new 2012 CV Case Slimline Trapper.
I bought it a couple days ago on a small store catering to campers just outside the provincial park where we are vacationing.

rj05mEJ.jpg

5WiLuui.jpg

xOsCIRx.jpg

This bandit got inside our car during the few minutes we had the door open while putting away food/garbage etc before going to bed.

Our little terrier chased it up the tree.

CaP4lVp.jpg

Back