1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Albers Cutlery Company

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Travman, Sep 20, 2020.

1. redoxmusic

redoxmusic Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Interesting. Didn’t realize each release is only 15 knives. I’m surprised the last release didn’t sell out quicker than it did. I bought a micarta on the last run, and thought about picking up another cover but decided to leave it for someone else. I did have time to hem and haw though.

2. OzzPrime

OzzPrime Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Eric! Your inbox is (unsurprisingly) full. I’d love to be on an announce list if there is one? Or just watch this thread?

Obligatory Karen Review: Maker doesn’t even have space in his inbox to accept my money. I would like to speak to the manager of this establishment!

3. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    @OzzPrime you need to go to his website and join the announcement list.

https://alberscutlery.com/

@ea42 should not be allowed to post here unless he has at least 5 knives available for sale on his website

hornetguy and ea42 like this.
  4. rje58

rje58 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    What a bunch of whiners! Eric is making incredible knives, selling them for reasonable prices and creating demand. If you can get one, be glad! If you can't, quit whining.

I personally do NOT have one yet, but I won't be whining or complaining about it. Keep it up and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs!

mbkr, Laurelbb, mrknife and 3 others like this.
  5. GE Jr

GE Jr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2015
    I believe the first run had only 15 knives, which is why I still can't get over my luck in landing one. :eek::cool::D The second run had quite a bit more if I'm not mistaken.

mrknife, btb01 and Ramrodmb like this.
  6. redoxmusic

redoxmusic Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2015
    That makes more sense. It seemed like the last run lasted longer than 15 knives should have. Looking forward to the next one! Eric is a true craftsman!

mrknife likes this.
  7. untytled

untytled Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Looks like first initial test run was 15 knives.

For the website launch he was shooting for closer to 50. As is evident in a pic earlier in this thread and also his posts. This is info I just gathered looking back on here. Take a gander good stuff in here.

CharlieUK likes this.
  8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Beat me to it... But ya, sign up on his website... Google is your friend. ;)

btb01 likes this.
  9. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    With how hard it seems to be to be successful in the knife industry... I hope the full inbox is one problem Eric continues to have for the foreseeable future. It’s pretty cool seeing how excited people are about these knives. :)

mrknife, AnW, OzzPrime and 3 others like this.
  10. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    With a knife maker membership, Eric can post anything he he wants in the correct sections.
    Standard rules apply:
    He can only post pictures of knives that are already sold when posting in the discussion sections.
    And like any other knife maker member, he need not have standing stock when he posts. If he is posting about unsold knives, he needs to post about them in the exchange.

And perhaps we can address one another in a more friendly tone. For Eric, it's a business. For us, it's a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be fun.

untytled, TOM K., Jody744 and 9 others like this.
  11. ea42

ea42 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2006
    I actually took that as some lighthearted ribbing. If not I'm taking my "like" back. :):)

Eric

12. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    :D:D:D:D:D:D.;).

Elgatodeacero likes this.
  13. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    :thumbsup:.:).

Elgatodeacero likes this.
  14. DavidABQ

DavidABQ

Jul 31, 2017
    I have a question: am I the only person who sits in front of their computer all day with their e-mail account open so they do not miss the newsletter announcing a new run of Eric’s masterpieces?

Jody744, Onikudaki and AnW like this.
  15. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Been waiting for about 6 weeks now...

16. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Yes.
    Augie.gif

BigKurtHaze likes this.
  17. wildboar11

wildboar11

Nov 29, 2020
    I can't sign up to his newsletter, bug on website.

18. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Did you send Eric an email?

19. wildboar11

wildboar11

Nov 29, 2020
    Yeah, cross fingers.

Railsplitter likes this.
  20. DavidABQ

DavidABQ

Jul 31, 2017
    Good to know that no one else is sitting with their e-mail open and waiting for his newsletter.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mbkr likes this.