• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Alexander Dietz - worst customer service ever. Still don't have my knife 5 months

green:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

13228933423_2727f8d0c6_c.jpg

13228930273_5c3ab5f5be_c.jpg

13228927043_27a009c579_c.jpg

13228924523_5d249d9483_c.jpg

13229104834_a49103d387_c.jpg

13228915723_dd055a070d_c.jpg

13229097274_b6a4138abb_c.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Glad you finally got what you paid for, however with the timeframe I would expect at least a partial refund.

I did get a partial refund $25, so all in all im very happy.

I am very happy for you, man!

I sent him a hinderer, timascus and money 09/25/2013 and I wrote him 8 letters since that moment.
He told me only 01/06/2014:
dietzalexander37(at)yahoo.com said:
Sorry things have beem pretty crazy over here inwas going though some tuff times with my wife for a bit. Everything is back in order now and were closing in on your order the hinderer is currently on the table and prepped for work only looking at 2 weeks thanks for your patience.
Since then, he no longer responds to my emails, although he regularly publishes new photos to instagram.

If Alex makes one knife for 7 months, I expect left quite a bit.

Just to update: Alex did come through and deliver my knife. I originally paid $40 for the flipper mod, but before shipping he offered to "upgrade" me. So the blade is now acid-washed, and the thumb plate and backspacer were replaced with zirconium counterparts.

So, for a 296 day wait, I now have the knife back, and it is great. Forgot how nice it is. I am happy and wish Alex the best in the future.

IMG_20140428_162356_zps07f94f56.jpg

IMG_20140428_162144_zpsc2695dd4.jpg

Just to update: Alex did come through and deliver my knife. I originally paid $40 for the flipper mod, but before shipping he offered to "upgrade" me. So the blade is now acid-washed, and the thumb plate and backspacer were replaced with zirconium counterparts.

So, for a 296 day wait, I now have the knife back, and it is great. Forgot how nice it is. I am happy and wish Alex the best in the future.

IMG_20140428_162356_zps07f94f56.jpg

IMG_20140428_162144_zpsc2695dd4.jpg

Great news! Alex actually emailed me today after an inquiry a few days ago and my knife should be done in two weeks. Fingers crossed.

[video=youtube;qLcjUmBncZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLcjUmBncZ8[/video]

Looks like you were right, it's been three weeks now and still nothing. But I am really starting to love seeing the pictures of him hanging out with his friends shooting during for the last few days while everyone's knives sit around.

Has anyone else received a completed knife from Alex lately?

I paid on 9/26/13(237 days ago!) and got the knife to him on 10/15/13 when he was advertising a 2 month lead time. The last indication I got from him of a completion date was "Im hoping to have out friday sry" which would have been 5/2/14. I haven't heard from him in 11 days.

Has anyone else received a completed knife from Alex lately?

I paid on 9/26/13(237 days ago!) and got the knife to him on 10/15/13 when he was advertising a 2 month lead time. The last indication I got from him of a completion date was "Im hoping to have out friday sry" which would have been 5/2/14. I haven't heard from him in 11 days.

It's honestly hard to tell what on his IG is his customers knives and what is his friends knives, so who knows. Someone just posted up a Gentleman Jim he po boy'd for sale and if I recall correctly he did that fairly recent.

I heard back from Alex today. He claims my knife will be done and shipped by Monday. I'll post an update if/when I get my knife.

I heard back from Alex today. He claims my knife will be done and shipped by Monday. I'll post an update if/when I get my knife.

I direct messaged him on Instagram which is the way he responded most quickly and he said mine would be done and ship tomorrow... still no pictures of it in progress so I'm 99% confident it won't be shipped tomorrow and isn't done.

I direct messaged him on Instagram which is the way he responded most quickly and he said mine would be done and ship tomorrow... still no pictures of it in progress so I'm 99% confident it won't be shipped tomorrow and isn't done.

When was your order placed?

Any word on your knife?

October 19th, 2013. I bought a knife from him with an added fee to have him po'boy one of mine. He didn't ship his knife until December 27th.

What does "po'boy" mean in this context?

He says my knife will be done Monday or he will refund me and send a "gift" for my wait.

Back