• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Alexander Dietz - worst customer service ever. Still don't have my knife 5 months

Well Alex did deliver, and in spades I might add. I received the knife today and the fit/finish is outstanding, probably better than a custom Emerson. No one can knock him for the quality of his work, I just wish the whole situation was handled better and more expediently. Ultimately, I am pleased with the knife which is all that matters.

Glad to hear you got your knife back and are pleased with it. Alex is still working on mine, but has been sending me some pictures and giving me updates via text. He's supposed to have the blade done today.

Glad to hear you got your knife back and are pleased with it. Alex is still working on mine, but has been sending me some pictures and giving me updates via text. He's supposed to have the blade done today.

How long have you guys been waiting if you don't mind my asking? I'll be at a year in July..... Hopefully the progress he's made on yours means that mine is getting close in the lineup.

Alex received my knife on 10-15-13. I paid sometime in late September.

I think Alex just really sucks at checking his e-mail. He finally gave me his cell number in his last email and has been great about texting me updates and pictures along the way since then.

How long have you guys been waiting if you don't mind my asking? I'll be at a year in July..... Hopefully the progress he's made on yours means that mine is getting close in the lineup.

I sent mine in the last week of October 2013, you really just have to stay on top of him to get things done.

My knife is on a bit of a delay since Alex had to order some bearings for it. This wasn't part of the original plan, so I don't mind a couple more days wait and he's stayed in contact through the build.

It beats me why a guy would choose to do mods on people's knives, when they probably have the talent and ability to make, or learn to make, their own and sell them on their own time. It just doesn't seem worth the grief. With that remark, I'm glad this situation worked out for all concerned.

It beats me why a guy would choose to do mods on people's knives, when they probably have the talent and ability to make, or learn to make, their own and sell them on their own time. It just doesn't seem worth the grief. With that remark, I'm glad this situation worked out for all concerned.

I think the fact that he turned a production knife into a full carbon fiber bearing driven subframe lock is evidence that he's more talented than 90% of new makers. It would have behooved him to get out of the pimp game earlier but that's always the story.

Does anyone know what is up with Alex? i sent him 2 emersons in April and was told an 8-12 week wait now we are going on almost 14 weeks and ive emailed him 2 times a week apart from eachother and nothing. I just want to know where my knives are and how much long i should expect to wait.

what bothers me most about this thread is that Alex decided to forgive his wife for cheating on him, i guess he didnt learn his lesson after all.

..Best of luck to you xmascritters.
It's been a full year since the above mentioned thread and he still is having issues.. Of course "stuff happens" but this is a really long time to have the same issues.

Least he could do is give a more reasonable time frame at the start of orders. "I'm a little backed up right now, turnaround dates are subject to delays. Please be patient, thanks. -Alex"
Done and done.

AND I PAYED HIM FOR THE WORK BACK THEN ON TOP OF THAT!

I believe I sent him my knives around Christmas last year to get pimped. At the time the wait was 3 months tops. So it should have been done in Feb/March the latest.

I was promised over a dozen times that he would have them done "this weekend" . He even told me he was working on them and had them apart. This was like MONTHS ago..

I asked for the knives and money back over 4 months ago and he said it would be two more weeks. Then another excuse and another. Always prolonging and making promises and then nothing happens.. He must have given me muttiple deadlines which I have to sort out all the emails and can show.

Now he is not returning emails.

I hope I am not out of the money I paid him to pimp all these knives and the knives themselves. Because if I am then I must hold the record for getting screwed.

I don't know what (IF) paypal can do anything?

Anyone else know where he is and what is going on with this guy.???????????????? Some encouragement is needed here cause I feel like I was ripped off for the work and the knives.

There is no way he took my knives and had also a year of work ahead of me for him to take this long/ So something is up. I bet he is working on new orders and putting ones he was paid for . I know he had some personal problems. But we have gone through that,.business and peoples money and PROPERTY come first.

Contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and file a consumer complaint online. Make sure you have emails stating promises for completion and such. If you paid with certified bank check or credit card contact the service provider and advise them of the apparent fraud as well. Sorry to hear, good luck.

I believe FTC guidelines dictate all moneys shall be returned within 7 business days from time of written notification of demanded refund. Since he has not started or completed the verbal contract and its been well over 30 days since promised said completion date.

Contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and file a consumer complaint online. Make sure you have emails stating promises for completion and such. If you paid with certified bank check or credit card contact the service provider and advise them of the apparent fraud as well. Sorry to hear, good luck.

I believe FTC guidelines dictate all moneys shall be returned within 7 business days from time of written notification of demanded refund. Since he has not started or completed the verbal contract and its been well over 30 days since promised said completion date.

WHAT ABOUT MY KNIVES?

He has 5 new Emersons of mine.

Try and catch him on Facebook or Instagram, post a link to this thread on his page and see if he sees it.

If its not documented with the FTC and the BBB it never happened as far as the authorities are concerned. Start the ball rolling today. Make sure you include as much of his info as possible. Name, address, email etc. It will ask for a narrative. Keep it simple with dates and promises made. Review your emails with Dietz. Just Google BBB and Federal Trade Commission and file the complaint. Its easy. The FTC will assign a case number at the end. The BBB will prompt you to the state that will handle. It will assign the case to the state he resides in. Good luck.

Back