Alone Season 2

Amazing and congrats!! I am such a huge fan of this show and I am so happy to see such a deserving person win! I loved your perspective on "lifestyle change" haha! Nice job man.

Congratulations, David! Haven't been on here in a long while, but had to come back to say "well done!" Strong work :thumbup:

Two things:

1) Congratulations to David. :thumbup:

2) Thank you people who posted here, for ruining the finale for all us here in Canada, where the final episode isn't shown until this upcoming Thursday. :rolleyes:
I had been looking forward to seeing it...

But yeah, congrats to David, both for winning, AND for making it seem like he didn't when posting here. ;)

Congrats David your tougher than I originally thought but when you said you were doing it for your kids I knew you would go all the way. :thumbup::thumbup:

Two things:

1) Congratulations to David. :thumbup:

2) Thank you people who posted here, for ruining the finale for all us here in Canada, where the final episode isn't shown until this upcoming Thursday. :rolleyes:
I had been looking forward to seeing it...

You'll still like this episode. I watched it twice. You can always go online and watch.

Oh that guy....ok, congrats. But the wife and I were hoping that the woman from Oregon would get it. Oh well.

Congrats Dave and well deserved! Please share any additional thoughts with the crowd here when the dust settles.

And its still OK to say "no" to the kids from time to time (situation dependent of course, lol). I believe you certainly had the best mindset the entire way through, when times got tough you dug deeper by working through the problem(s), especially in food procurement. Great job again!

this win is worth millions in endorsements, classes, books, online store, etc. Must be nice to be able to just blow off all that money cause you are lonely. What would they do if they had to leave to fight "for the duration",. as nearly 10 million men had to do for WW2? gone for 4 years! None of these guys are seeing their buddies killed, nor having to kill women and kids. So what's all the crying about?

Huge congrats. That was quite an ordeal, and sacrifice, but worth the suffering in the end. One quick question, can I borrow half a mi? I'll pay it back, I'm good for it! :D

Seriously enjoy the win, and being back with your family. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I feel I know you from your YouTube videos and your postings here an in other forums, and am happy "one of us" won it.

Congrats David! Many had the skills this season but the endurance I'm sure is much tougher than it looks. You've surely got some true grit! Lots of armchair quarterbacking which was interesting to read and some odd references to war which I'm not sure apply to survival alone in the woods. Anyhow, great season and kudos to all that participated!

Congrats David, and to the rest of the final four. That was intense from a competition standpoint, I honestly don't feel like any of the last 3 gave up. Nicole hit a limit that I don't think many can understand, I suspect that there were a lot of reasons, but I don't feel like she gave up, she wanted to stay, but no longer could.

Same with Jose and Larry. Jose knew it was all over, quick response from the boat crew. He was so depleted he couldn't really even act to self-rescue, he knew that he was "dead" as far as making it any farther.
And from Larry's standpoint, same thing, he would have stayed I thought with that second wind, but with the food not working, well, he wants to live for his kids, and the operative term there is live. It was hard watching Larry worry about people being proud of him, I know that feeling. But I feel like he can rest easily knowing he left it all out there.
No one factor lead to the win, and no one factor lead to them tapping out, just like no one factor decides survival, be it in the bush, or paying bills in the rat race.

I sort of got the feeling like if Jose hadn't have dunked, and Larry had started catching fish again, it could have gone on a lot longer, but if those three guys knew who was left, they would have tried to rig a tie and split it.

As far as I understand, season three will be Terra Del Fuego in Patagonia. Interesting change of location, with some different skills in play. I'd love to see Australian Northern Territory, but that might be a little over the top.

this win is worth millions in endorsements, classes, books, online store, etc. Must be nice to be able to just blow off all that money cause you are lonely. What would they do if they had to leave to fight "for the duration",. as nearly 10 million men had to do for WW2? gone for 4 years! None of these guys are seeing their buddies killed, nor having to kill women and kids. So what's all the crying about?

So glad you are banned, killing women and children way over the top! I doubt Alone contestants receive millions in endorsements, our group is small and don't fill stadiums, and have fans glued to the TV on Sunday afternoons.

Again congrats David well done! Your deep philosophical words as Alan's in Season One was another skill set needed to survive alone.

Congratulations Dave. It was good to see. We were rooting for Nicole, Larry and you my 10 year old took his picture with Larry at Blade. Now he wants a picture with you. 😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

In season 1, I picked Alan from the start. In season 2, I made no picks and just went along for the ride. But Alan and David have a lot in common in terms of the way they approached this survival situation. I hope you (David) can help your kids achieve a better life. Invest wisely.

Congratulations Dave!! You showed grit and knowledge. Looking forward to the last episode

Awesome job, David! My wife threatened to throw the remote clear through the TV if you didn't beat Larry, so double Yay!

Glad David was able to pull it out in the end. Can't wait for Season 3 in a new location.

So what was with the wolf scene? They made it seem like it was part of the show, but they never aired anything about it.
maxresdefault_zpsqgtrym6k.jpg

Probably "B" footage from one of the other cameras, made for a cool demo shot, but didn't with the narrative. Either way, its cool.

Back