Amsterdam Meet 2011 Report

Eric Glesser presents the upcoming Des Horn Folder, designed by Des Horn and made by Spyderco.

[youtube]FRxIUA2BJcE&hd=1[/youtube]

Wow it seems like its all huge or tiny blades. I love the look of several of the large knives, particularly the Szabo and Valloten, but 4 inches of blade is just more than I'm willing to carry. Maybe they will down size a few of them eventually.

Eric Glesser goes over the design and construction of the upcoming Native 5.

[youtube]XTSaVW0XSO0&hd=1[/youtube]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mr Blonde! First time Ive viewed this thread, WOW! Dont know where to start. That wilson fixed blade looks like the ultimate user, USA made frn manix 2 w/ wire clip, Manbug, fluted Military, AHHHHHH, too many knives, so little $!!!!!

I wasn't all that into the G-10 Native 5 until I saw that video. The action on it looks amazing. I love the form factor as well, it looks like they really smoothed out the design compared to the FRN version. I'll be getting one for sure. It looks like the smoothest mid-back lock out there.

Thanks again for all your coverage!!

What's the release time frame on the des horn?

If you could accurately predict that, you'd make a lot of money in Spyderco-fan-land. The definitive answer would be 'when it's ready', but experience has taught me that 90% of the knives shown will be available within the coming year.

Hey Mr Blonde, does the Techno have an open back or a solid backspacer? This knife is blowing my mind! Any indication on where it will be made? I was saving up for a small Seb but I've changed my mind.

Hey Mr Blonde, does the Techno have an open back or a solid backspacer? This knife is blowing my mind! Any indication on where it will be made? I was saving up for a small Seb but I've changed my mind.

I recall an open back, not a solid backspacer.

If you could accurately predict that, you'd make a lot of money in Spyderco-fan-land. The definitive answer would be 'when it's ready', but experience has taught me that 90% of the knives shown will be available within the coming year.

Thanks buddy, I mainly wanted to know if it would be in a few months, I'd need to start pinching pennies if that were the case.

I'm a little relieved they're farther down the line.

Aw man! I want the Navajah so badly! When will be be out for sales?? I wonder if the gear that produces the caracca affects the smoothness of the blade opening.

Back