Amsterdam Meet 2011 Report

is it just me or does the tuff share a lot of lines with the barong?

It's an interesting design, I am still getting used to it when I look at the photos.

So many awesome models coming that it's hard to pick.

mr Blonde, The name of the puukko designer is Pekka Tuominen.

Yes, I know that by now. However, like with all models I shot, I went with the name on the tags that accompanied the prototypes. No offense meant, just playing it safe by using the original descriptions from Spyderco.

Yes, I know that by now. However, like with all models I shot, I went with the name on the tags that accompanied the prototypes. No offense meant, just playing it safe by using the original descriptions from Spyderco.

Im confused then. The blade inscription says Pekka Tuominen...

Oh mygosh, some very cool stuff! Can't wait to get hold of teh Ladybug Tattoo, Dragonfly 2 in H1 steel and teh Dyad with blue handle. Just too much good stuff!

Oh wow, that Phil Wilson piece looks incredible! Looking forward to seeing more of that techno as well.

I love that South Fork...looks like a perfect overall camp and kitchen knife. In S90V it will keep its edge for ever and ever.

The Puukko looks nice too, even though I already own something quite similar in the Helle Viking and would therefore not get this Puukko. It's still nice though.

Were the Gayle Bradley designs shown at the Amsterdam Meet?

Yes.
2 gayle bradley's were shown.

1 was a more light weight type of the normal m4 bradley folder.
Without choil but about the same size but thinner blade and liners so more gentleman like.

The other was a little wharnecliffe type of gentleman knife.
Carbon viber handles but very small vs. m4 folder.

Both were very nice knives.

Very cool stuff here! :thumbup: I'm liking the fluted Native and Carpenter.

The Puukko looks great too. Having that little Spydie hole in fixed-blades can look weird, but I think it looks really neat in the Puukko.

Too many that I want, I'm still cathching up on past models that I want, and the more I look at the 2011 catolouge. The more I want. It's getting very expensive.

I was just looking at Phil Wilsons site thinking about ordering one of his, I think I will wait until this one comes out

Yes.
2 gayle bradley's were shown.

1 was a more light weight type of the normal m4 bradley folder.
Without choil but about the same size but thinner blade and liners so more gentleman like.

The other was a little wharnecliffe type of gentleman knife.
Carbon viber handles but very small vs. m4 folder.

Both were very nice knives.

Thanks for the info. A member had posted a short video from SHOT 11 where he interviewed Gayle. He demonstrated the Spyderco Gayle Bradley Air, and the unnamed GB/CPM-M4 looking folder. Looking forward to these.:thumbup:

Back