...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

So the Allegheny Mountain Knife Collectors Association was originally going to be smooth yellow bone with Northfield trim and our bear shield. Then I was told that GEC was making Jigged yellow bone and that we could choose that instead. I was excited by that because afaik they haven't done Jigged yellow, but I was concerned that the source from the club was mistaken and that they meant Autumn Gold Jigged Bone, which I assumed would be Tidioute and much less rare and interesting. However, the source at the club confirmed it was yellow. But I emailed Chris and it looks like it is in Autumn Gold Jigged Bone with Northfield trim.

what is buttom mania?! are they going to stuff random buttons on with 97's?m
those ebony 97s are just how i hoped they would look. beautiful.

They probably saw the recent posts on here about buttons...

Look at the center button..............

GEC keeps us on our feet! What an interesting surprise.

So the Allegheny Mountain Knife Collectors Association was originally going to be smooth yellow bone with Northfield trim and our bear shield. Then I was told that GEC was making Jigged yellow bone and that we could choose that instead. I was excited by that because afaik they haven't done Jigged yellow, but I was concerned that the source from the club was mistaken and that they meant Autumn Gold Jigged Bone, which I assumed would be Tidioute and much less rare and interesting. However, the source at the club confirmed it was yellow. But I emailed Chris and it looks like it is in Autumn Gold Jigged Bone with Northfield trim.

They probably saw the recent posts on here about buttons...

GEC keeps us on our feet! What an interesting surprise.

What is an 040119?

Well, an 04 doesn't exist (yet?) but it's an 04 pattern with a single warncliffe blade made in 2019. But the pin says "lirpaloof jack" and lirpaloof is an anagram of april fool...... so...

Wow, LHS, good catch. I didnt see that!

GEC is having too much fun and needs to get to work on the 12s and 86s..........

image.jpeg
Does the Buffalo head in the background mean there will be a Buffalo Horn #97 coming soon? I didn't think they were doing Buffalo Horn anymore. I, personally hope they do though!

Maybe that is also part of the April Fool stuff.:(
Larry

Maybe. But have done buffalo BONE recently on the 85s.
Not sure they would go back to buffalo bone so quick with the problems they had with it on the recent 85 run. I would love to see it though. Frontier dyed buffalo bone would look great on the 97 frame.

Not sure why they're moving a piano into Assembly, but maybe there's gonna be a stag party and everyone gets Buffalo Wings and a Coke! :thumbsup::cool:

Or maybe it's knife related...:oops:

Not sure why they're moving a piano into Assembly, but maybe there's gonna be a stag party and everyone gets Buffalo Wings and a Coke! :thumbsup::cool:

Or maybe it's knife related...:oops:
Ebony piano keys? Or maybe they’re having Harry Connick Jr. In to sing and play the piano while they assemble?:D

I can assure you it is not a buffalo horn or bone hint.
Was the buffalo bone on the 85 actual bone from Buffalo (or Bison?) or is it bovine just named "Buffalo" due to its treatment/coloring. Sorry, I know it's a bit of a tangent.

The Gabon Ebony Northfield and probably the other two 97s will be in a class of it's own. I'm not sure of the correct term for this bolster, does anybody know but check out the upper and lower thread. It looks great on this big knife and I think it makes the 97 appear smaller, nice touch GEC. My opinion, this bolster style with the double nick you might not see this configuration any time soon.

The Gabon Ebony Northfield and probably the other two 97s will be in a class of it's own. I'm not sure of the correct term for this bolster, does anybody know but check out the upper and lower thread. It looks great on this big knife and I think it makes the 97 appear smaller, nice touch GEC. My opinion, this bolster style with the double nick you might not see this configuration any time soon.

When I saw that bolster, I lost most of my willpower not to buy this knife.

When I saw that bolster, I lost most of my willpower not to buy this knife.

The blade, sabre clip with nick and long pull were enough, to make me want this pattern so much so that I have resisted the Tidioute becasue I know I want multiple Northfileds, the bolster though, puts it over the top.

Back