...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

Cannot wait until these arrive!

x13jmLT.jpg

They are showing some built already on their web site pictures, lying out in trays.

Russell

Thanks Russell. I was interested because there's been a little bit of confusion (at least for me) on the AMKCA club knife.

Originally it was planned to be a stag #97, then they decided to switch to smooth yellow which Chris confirmed, then I was told by the club it was switched to jigged yellow (I wondered right away if they meant autumn gold, but they said no it was jigged yellow), then I was told by Chris that it was actually autumn gold, and then the club said that the picture of the autumn gold knife was photoshopped and it is actually jigged yellow bone.

I'm pretty sure it's Autumn Gold, but if they do use photoshopped pictures for the completed knives then I guess it could still be Yellow as the club said. Chris has said both smooth yellow and autumn gold, but said Autumn Gold most recently. I just think there's a lot of misunderstanding of the information being provided by GEC to the club and I wanted to clarify. I think if I didn't follow GEC online and got this newsletter:

peMXtXEl.jpg

I'd expect this type of handle:

kRWM69im.jpg

Above picture from CrowCounty CrowCounty if you'd like me to remove it I certainly would be happy to do so.

NOT this type:

R4rdzl9l.png

Above picture from GreatEasternCutlery.net

I would much prefer the yellow jigged over the autumn gold jigged, but I'll be happy to get whatever comes out of the tube.

I wish I could also get the waynorth waynorth Cutlery SFO as it's the most classic looking of them to me but I've restricted myself to just one.

Thanks Russell. I was interested because there's been a little bit of confusion (at least for me) on the AMKCA club knife.

Originally it was planned to be a stag #97, then they decided to switch to smooth yellow which Chris confirmed, then I was told by the club it was switched to jigged yellow (I wondered right away if they meant autumn gold, but they said no it was jigged yellow), then I was told by Chris that it was actually autumn gold, and then the club said that the picture of the autumn gold knife was photoshopped and it is actually jigged yellow bone.

I'm pretty sure it's Autumn Gold, but if they do use photoshopped pictures for the completed knives then I guess it could still be Yellow as the club said. Chris has said both smooth yellow and autumn gold, but said Autumn Gold most recently. I just think there's a lot of misunderstanding of the information being provided by GEC to the club and I wanted to clarify. I think if I didn't follow GEC online and got this newsletter:

peMXtXEl.jpg

I'd expect this type of handle:

kRWM69im.jpg

Above picture from CrowCounty CrowCounty if you'd like me to remove it I certainly would be happy to do so.

NOT this type:

R4rdzl9l.png

Above picture from GreatEasternCutlery.net

I would much prefer the yellow jigged over the autumn gold jigged, but I'll be happy to get whatever comes out of the tube.

I wish I could also get the waynorth waynorth Cutlery SFO as it's the most classic looking of them to me but I've restricted myself to just one.

That is what you call confusion, just when you thought you knew what covers you were getting and whoosh the carpet gets ripped right out. Who’s on first.

Russell

Received my Stag version today from New River Knives and I very happy with it . I posted New River's photos the other day now I will post mine .

A comparison of the size of it to a 73 and 43 .
The Stag is pretty fat as compared to the 73 & 43 also . Long transitions from rough stag to the bolsters show that .

Notice the Swedge from Tip To Tang on the Pile Side

Although it is a Sabre Grind , which is pretty obvious , I do not see any problems that it would cause with slicing .

I did not measure the distances from Pivot to Nail Nicks on the two but it looks to be close to the same on the 43 & 97 .
I can not tell any difference in Pull between the 2 unless I use the Nick on the 97 . I would rate it a 4 on the Pull and 3 on the Nick . It Snaps into Half/Stop and Open and again on Close . No nick on the blade from letting it slam closed .

The 97 that I received has very nice F & F in all respects except for Blade Centering .

I know , WOW , Big Deal . You will not hear me complain about that .
I know that I saw better Stag in the GEC photos and I would really like to see them posted here too . But I am very happy with this one .

Harry

Great review and beautiful knife, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've got a stag on the way... will probably get here early next week. I will post up when I get it.

Nice stag Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer but that's what I would expect. Mine was due today but looks like tomorrow. I also just got the shipping notice for the Yellow Rose.
Looking forward to seeing both of yours guys.@joeradza and MerryMadMonk MerryMadMonk . The Stag and Yellow Rose will be a Great Pair . Something makes me think that AL will also be getting a Yellow Rose Alan .

Harry

Back