...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

Hey TexasTomcat TexasTomcat , don't stop there. Get one of these, too ;)
169H4as.jpg

It’s a keeper! I am always extremely grateful to get one of Charlie’s SFO’s. As a newer collector(almost 3 years), I know they are in short supply. You’ll never find one being flipped by me. I have at least one of every release by Charlie since I’ve been collecting. I’ll have to post more pics when I get a chance. First impressions is it’s huge! Good walk and talk. Nothing unacceptable like in some of the previous posts. The shield is amazing. It has some brown streaks on the pile side that I like. I always liked my Gabon ebony with some brown in it. This moves right to the top of my collection.
STuBIIah.jpg

Hey TexasTomcat TexasTomcat , don't stop there. Get one of these, too

It’s a keeper! I am always extremely grateful to get one of Charlie’s SFO’s. As a newer collector(almost 3 years), I know they are in short supply. You’ll never find one being flipped by me. I have at least one of every release by Charlie since I’ve been collecting. I’ll have to post more pics when I get a chance. First impressions is it’s huge! Good walk and talk. Nothing unacceptable like in some of the previous posts. The shield is amazing. It has some brown streaks on the pile side that I like. I always liked my Gabon ebony with some brown in it. This moves right to the top of my collection.

Sweet knives guys!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

STuBIIah.jpg
Nice, Shock_!!
I get to finally CF and CE one tomorrow!!

Great set but I must say the stag is particularly prime :thumbsup:
Sweet knives guys!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice, Shock_!!
I get to finally CF and CE one tomorrow!!
Blademan - I was lucky on my stag (and the others as well); it was plenty knarly and 'ridgey' for me.
Gunstock - They are all really fine in my big hands, a formidable blade when opened, well balanced, a BIG knife is sometimes required/useful... :))
Mr. Charlie - My photos don't do that African Blackwood and the blade etching justice. It's a classic combo w/ that shield. Great job! I owe my brother a knife and I'm working on one of these for him...we'll see.

At last!! I got my grubby fingers on my SFO #97!! First of all the Snap is fine!! I tested a random sampling before I shipped them out, and they were definitely acceptable. I am prejudiced toward strong walk and talk, and they could be stronger, but they left me feeling confident in a good functional open position. Phew!!
So, in the strongest of sunlight, most of the handles display the barest of brown tinges in the Black, making them feel lively and warm. The wood is buttery with a high polish - I couldn't be happier!! And the shield works!! And the grinds are great!! And! And!! And!!! Yowza!!!
#97 SFO AB 1.jpg #97 SFO AB 2.jpg #97 SFO AB 3.jpg

Yum, yum Charlie! The Blackwood looking super fine, but the matching stag is phenomenal. Niiicccce going.

Russell

In the mail, accompanying the Blackwood knives was a Stag version I got from one of the GEC dealers. I am feeling double-lucky today!!:)
As has been said, I should go out and but a lottery ticket!!!
:D

View attachment 1118162 View attachment 1118164 View attachment 1118166 View attachment 1118167 View attachment 1118168
My congrats to you my friend for getting a very nice 97 Stag example and having a very nice 97 SFO in Blackwood .Nice choice of covers and an even better choice of Shields .

Harry

Back