...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

The 97s are looking great. Im going to try and keep it to an ebony and smooth yellow bone. The stags have a lot of potential, but I would have to see what I'm ordering. Blind draw on stags is just to risky.

Great looking knife, it has me interested... until I remember how BIG it is!!!
If I was at all into big knives, I would snatch one up in a second.

I have one reserved as well. It's way bigger than I would normally use or carry but I'm so curious about the Coke bottle shape and how it fits in hand.

I love the feeling I’m hand. I have big hands so I don’t think 4 3/4” is too big considering I carry this 5 3/16” coke bottle. The swell fits perfectly between my fingers

Attachments

• C79EDFF7-5DC2-4CBA-BE10-007B31D8C822.jpeg
    C79EDFF7-5DC2-4CBA-BE10-007B31D8C822.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 69
I’m curious to see how the pull will be rated on these big boys. Lots of leverage to work with, hopefully they aren’t too light.

I am curious as well. One of my biggest complaints about the 43s (other than blade rap) is that the pulls were considerably lighter than I would want or expect on a larger slipjoint.

I hope the pull is not light either but also don't want a nail breaker, my fingers are not like they use to be.

Looking forward to seeing pics of this beast in the wild. Really looking forward to seeing the NF in Ebony. And I don’t care what anybody else says - I dig the look of the double nail pull. :p

Looking forward to seeing pics of this beast in the wild. Really looking forward to seeing the NF in Ebony. And I don’t care what anybody else says - I dig the look of the double nail pull. :p
I never had a knife with a double nail pull, I like it also, change is good and can’t wait to get it

I never had a knife with a double nail pull, I like it also, change is good and can’t wait to get it

For all the detractors on this site, the double pulls seem to command a premium on the secondary market.

I'm excited to get my hands on the maroon linen micarta... I picked up a Bull Buster recently, and I think I'm getting into these bigger traditionals! If the pull is anything like the Bull Buster I'll be a happy camper.

I'm excited to get my hands on the maroon linen micarta... I picked up a Bull Buster recently, and I think I'm getting into these bigger traditionals! If the pull is anything like the Bull Buster I'll be a happy camper.

Personally, I felt the pull of the recent run of #21s was too light for the size of blade.

For all the detractors on this site, the double pulls seem to command a premium on the secondary market.
True, but basic economics says that is because supply of double pulls are very small.

How many double pull knifes had GEC produced over the years? Severel hundred? Maybe a 1000+? Well the market will be inundated with anywhere between 2400-2800 of these Northfields with double pulls within the next month. I expect the secondary prices of older double pulls to take a small hit, and I expect the secondary prices of the #97 (stag not withstanding) to be below retail for quite a while.

Thank you for posting pictures of these in the manufacturing process. I really love seeing them as they go through.
Bob

Is this jigged Ebony?

YLc9ErE.jpg

Back