...And a large Coke. GEC 97 Thread!

IMG_7486.jpg

Oooooooo

How long have these been known??

They were a surprise late this afternoon

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was driving in a rain storm when I got the pre-alert for pre-ordering. I just about had a wreck navigating by phone and looking for a place to pull over. Everything went smooth... logged on with no problem... hit submit... ...........................STAND BY........... But hey "stand by" is better than nothing. :D
I will have these knives. I will persevere. Watch... and ... learn.... :D

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was driving in a rain storm when I got the pre-alert for pre-ordering. I just about had a wreck navigating by phone and looking for a place to pull over. Everything went smooth... logged on with no problem... hit submit... ...........................STAND BY........... But hey "stand by" is better than nothing. :D
I will have these knives. I will persevere. Watch... and ... learn.... :D
Not to worry. Everyone is on standby.

So, am I the only one here that is mildly disappointed that at least some of these #97s aren't going to be liner locks?

The answer to any question that starts with "Am I the only one..." online is: no. I'm sure there are a good number of people who would like to see this with a liner lock.

But I am not one of them :p

So in the preproduction drawing for the #97, it certainly looked (to me, at least) like the blade might have a bit of recurve.

976-971.jpg

Now I'm looking at the production photos, and I have to say, it's tough to tell if that's the case or not. It looks like there might be a bit of recurve, but if there is, it seems like it's very slight.

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

Thoughts?

So in the preproduction drawing for the #97, it certainly looked (to me, at least) like the blade might have a bit of recurve.

976-971.jpg

Now I'm looking at the production photos, and I have to say, it's tough to tell if that's the case or not. It looks like there might be a bit of recurve, but if there is, it seems like it's very slight.

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

Thoughts?

Maybe they’re preventing blade rap, lol.

I keep looking at those production pictures, and I think it does have a very slight recurve, but it's so subtle it's hard to tell for sure.

Personally, I'm still on the fence about these, and a recurve blade will probably make it a no-go for me, mostly because I don't currently own any sharpening apparatuses (apparati?) that could be used for sharpening a recurve.

I keep looking at those production pictures, and I think it does have a very slight recurve, but it's so subtle it's hard to tell for sure.

Personally, I'm still on the fence about these, and a recurve blade will probably make it a no-go for me, mostly because I don't currently own any sharpening apparatuses (apparati?) that could be used for sharpening a recurve.
I guess that I do not understand what you mean by " recurve " . The straight section of the blade is not parallel with the spine if that is what you mean . I will use what I call a diamond stick to sharpen mine with . Should be no problem at all .
Harry

I see it as the belly of the blade is lower than the straight edge as related to the Overall level of the knife itself

I guess that I do not understand what you mean by " recurve " . The straight section of the blade is not parallel with the spine if that is what you mean . I will use what I call a diamond stick to sharpen mine with . Should be no problem at all .
Harry

A recurve would mean that the "straight" section of the blade is not, in fact, straight, but actually has a slight concave curve to it. Like a pruner, it could sharpened on any sort of rod system, but not on a flat stone (at least not in any way that I'm aware of). I'm looking for an example on a traditional blade that could be shared here (it's easy to find modern knives with a recurve, traditional's a bit tougher). I'll add an example if I can find one.

Back