Another run of W&SS neck knife?

Ridley75 - I put the wrong handles on yours when I did it. Got all the way to finished before realizing it. So I glued up a new one with the next batch that's now nearly done. There's nothing malicious going on. It's finished now - will ship today. Thanks!

Pics of yours completed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421255412.439583.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421255435.389312.jpg

I've been working on them today. I'll post pics when the others are done.

Enjoy!

Thanks Dan. I don't believe it was malicious in any way and to be honest would not prevent me from ordering another as the quality I hear about overrides my frustration. I guess I could do better in communication on my end, asking questions. Regardless I am excited about getting my first Koster. Thank you.

Thanks, Ridley75! I do appreciate feedback. I actually closed my books starting 1/1/15 in an effort to catch up on backlogs. I have around 1000 or so outstanding orders. Have already finished 32 so far this year!

Just checked the list and it looks like I'm next in line, can't wait! I am so excited to get this knife! I'm sure it will be one of my favorites.

Got my email today my knife is being shipped first koster knife can't wait just in time for my birthday

I received the knife yesterday. While I have not had a chance to use it, I have fondled it...a lot. It's very well done and feels great in my hand. For such a small knife it has a relatively large handle, but it feels perfect and makes the tool extremely controllable. The blade is stout and came sharp. In comparing one side to the other all of the grind lines are perfectly matched. Now I need to find some stuff to cut. By the way I love the sheath too.

Dan, Any idea when the completed knives will be shipped out? #414 says it is done on the list and I can't wait to get it.;):D

Dan, Still waiting for a response. I also sent you an email and have not heard back. Please provide some type of response asap.

Sorry for the delay. I got quite sick last week and didn't hardly do a thing in the shop. I have knives boxed up here on my desk ready to ship tomorrow. You should get an email from USPS tomorrow with tracking info. Again, sorry for lack of response.

Sorry for the delay. I got quite sick last week and didn't hardly do a thing in the shop. I have knives boxed up here on my desk ready to ship tomorrow. You should get an email from USPS tomorrow with tracking info. Again, sorry for lack of response.

Still waiting for that tracking information! Glad that you're feeling better though.

I finished it, boxed it up and almost mailed it. Then realized I had forgotten to put on the firesteel loop. Out of hardware and had to order more. With any luck I'll have it in today's mail. Thanks!

I must say, even though the wait has been very long I am really excited to get this knife. Please hurry Dan.

Last edited:
Dan,

I am forced to use this forum because I have not gotten answers to my emails...

Mistakes do happen and I am happy after receiving a flat grind WSS instead of a scandi which I originally ordered. You see, I am a fan of yours and it is a priviledge to own and use your knives. However, after nearly two years of waiting and not received the knife I originally ordered, I am not totally happy with the situation - I hope this is understandable as well...

I requested my WSS scandi orange G10 to be up dated for BCM with blue liners by email but never got an answer. Since the blades seem to be waiting for heat treat, I hope you could change the handles as requested. Additionally I would like to order two kydex necker sheaths for my Koster Scouts, please!

A reply would be nice, cheers!

Kimmo

Yes - I have made the change, Kimmo.

Hey Mr. Koster,

I have a few questions regarding the WSS; I notice on the site is says ordering is closed for 2015. Does that mean you're finishing up your current orders and/or backlog before accepting anymore orders? Or is this your last run of this particular knife?

If it's not the last run; and if I wanted one - is it possible to submit a pre-order/deposit for one, so whenever you get around to making anymore - I'd be on the list?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
All orders are closed for 2015.

That said, there should be some available by the end of the year from a dealer.

Thanks!
Dan

...four months has gone since the last up date for remaining WSS orders. What might be the situation when we are heading towards autumn? The official WSS order site has not been up dated and that's why I am curious...

Kimmo

Back