Are Striders the Best for. . .

Mr Joshua,
Not only did he call you a SQUEEL, but I think he wondered how you would look dead. Sounds like a threat to be worried about for sure. Watch your back, Marine. You're obviously not long for this world.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

I better make sure my SGLI is good to go. Tell my family I love them....

If he only knew.....

Assasin, I've been reading your post from the start and I am slightly amused at you and the replies. But lets not bring up the subject of dead SEALs or any other service members. Even in a joking manner it still sucks. As you can see the original question has been put to rest, and as you can see there are lots of people with alot of talent and expertise on this site. So, if you can step out of the shadows for just a teeny-tinny second,mayby you can become a productive member here and hand out or share some of your talents? We all might learn something.
Don't go from slightly amusing to pissing people off,and unless you've been there and done that and have heard Taps for real please lay off the dead SEAL thing.
On a lighter side, I gotta admit the Kermit got me laughing.

To all the servicemen out there, I do not intend to take the lives of anybody who serves this great country, but I'll make jokes of those who poke fun at me. now, if you have a problem with that, i'll tone it down, but only if you play nicely. I'll admit I don't get to shoot off 400rounds after work each day like the Mall Ninja. And I'm sure one SEAL could take me out if he really wanted to. But beyond that I can fire off an AR-15 as well as I can machine the receiver. On top of that I have some military experience, in fact I was just about heading towards Annapolis if not for some minor details, like no Boy Scout experience. I've spent alot of my life fighting and getting into trouble. And I certainly know that today is a good day to die.
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Assassin (edited 05-17-2001).]

I think back to the time Vinnie saw the guy wearing a recon hat at one of the gun shows. He just about ripped the guys head off. "Where did you get that hat?" "From where?" "From who?"... I think the guy pissed his pants. You know how much of a "people person" Vinnie is.

Mr. Joshua,
If you would be so kind as to add me to your SGLI I'd appreciate it. You know, a couple of grand would buy all the toys I need from SOE and Strider. Being that you are certainly a dead man walking an all!
wink.gif

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Sure,
Do you want installments or lump sum?
Did I mention you get it in piasters?

You can also have my kidneys and liver if you would like. I have made special preparations so they will last a long time.

It is nice to know you care bro.

Semper Fi

Mr J

Here is assassin and his blade in action. Oops he got burned
lizard.gif

games.gif

You guys are so funny I actually signed up here just to tell you I laughed my a** off this morning.
biggrin.gif
Thanks! I just got my first strider, so I am wetting myself in glee.

------------------
Havn't thought of a catchy line yet. Just call me Paul

Glad we could make you laugh. They say laughter is the best medicine. This is all for assassin to learn about the birds and the bees since he has reached that age
smile.gif

mouse.gif

[This message has been edited by Cobalt (edited 05-18-2001).]

Holy s**t!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I thought everyone was hard on the mall ninja, but Cobalt man! Youre beating the hell out of Ass....ass....in!
biggrin.gif
I wonder if Ass....ass....in is the mall ninja's brother? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

monkey_blink_sm_clr.gif

[This message has been edited by Cobalt (edited 05-19-2001).]

LMFAO!
biggrin.gif
!!!

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Well, on the off chance that someone's gonna read this far, I'm gonna go for it.

I have 2 problems with this thread, and while I know that the folks that I'm addressing are probably gonna think I'm an A-Hole, I'll take that chance in the hopes that we can all learn to live together in peace and harmony, striving to one day, UNITE, and beat the hell outta the Amish!
(Sorry, but I can't be too serious anywhere)
Here goes:

Assassin, yor first post triggered alotta resentment, annoyment, and buttons when you said,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Are Strider Knives the best for keeping
me alive? Let's assume I was charging a guy 5 yards away, who hasn't drawn his gun yet?</font>

Between your nickname and that question, it sounded as if you were deliberately setting out to bust everyone's chops with a BS post.... trying to get a rise outta us, which you did.... not sure if that's what your intention was, but for now, let's assume that you were 100% sincere.

Asking a question like that seems unprofessional. An Operator would like to know the answer to that question in regards to a particular blade, but I find it hard to believe that he would ask it in a forum such as this. That's a close knit community (like I really have experience!) and they'd get their info straight from others in their community. They wouldn't ask it here.
That's my opinion, of course.

The question, if posted seriously, sounded as if it was asked by someone who was:
A. A Wannabe
B. Someone with criminal intent
C. A troll, as mentioned previously.

Like I said, I could be wrong. If I am, I'll gladly admit it.
I'm curious as to why someone with PAST military experience would be concerned with a knife's ability to stand up in a situation where the knife carrier is attacking someone who hasn't drawn their gun yet?
Would you mind telling us why anyone other than a military person would need to do something like that?
(I'm really not trying to be a wiseass here)

At this point, my feeling is that the only reason for someone to take someone out with a knife, before their gun is drawn, is doing so illegally. I can't think of a scenario where this would be an option, other than in military operations.
(Did I mention I could be wrong?)
If there's a reason to do something like that, I'm DYING to know!

My other perterbance (if that's spelled wrong, it's due to my new ISP) is that DD apologized for the members' responses to your querry. I emailed him about this, and I guess I was less than diplomatic, and his response to me was equally diplomatically lacking.
Doesn't mean he's a bad guy, or that I hold anything against him, but my point is that if someone's using the forum to troll, they should not be encouraged.
If someone's using this forum to gather information for criminal purposes, they should be banned.
That's just for the sake of Blade Forums.
There's enough crap that all of us have to put up with about our various weapons.
(You shoulda HEARD what my friends back in NJ were saying when I told 'em I ordered a full auto Uzi! And don't put that Uzi down! I can't afford the $7,000 for an MP-5, ok?)
smile.gif

And we all get grief about our knives that have any "scary" looking features such as blade shape, method of opening, etc.

The way Assassin's first post read would give the anti-knife crowd some good ammunition to use against knife users/buyers/collectors.

I felt it was akin to asking, "If I bought one of your guns, would it be suitable to use against someone that's not a threat to me?", at a gun forum.
Perhaps that's a bad analogy, but I think you get the point.

Anyhow, I hope I got my gripe across without starting up a whole new flame war, as that ain't my intention.
I need all you guys to conquer the Amish, remember?
wink.gif

Off my low horse.... Oh look! It's a poodle!
I remain,
VG
Future Ambassador to Lancester, PA
and King Apple Butter Tester

------------------
Vampire Gerbil: Nosferatus Rodentus Moderatus; similar to a domestic gerbil, except for the odd accent and little black cape.
+ + + + + + + + +
There's all sortsa fun stuff at my Vampire Gerbil Dot Com Website!.
Knife Content: The Deadly & Scary Leatherman Micra Self Defense Site and The Ballistic Knife Page.

Gerbil Master,

I found my way to this little message board from the Strider website. I was asking around about a personal/on-the-job carry at work when the name Strider came up. From there I was directed to the website which had a link to this place. What better place to find out what's going on with a company than what the customers have to say. Along that line, it seems that I'll order a couple of Striders pretty soon, that Triple Aught collaboration looked awesome but it wasn't on the Strider Website. I also have a need for that axe(just for personal use, camp tool). Obviously, I've spent the last few days reading other threads rather than posting them. I came back to see what new animations came up from Cobalt the computer nerd's ass. Who has all that time to program some crap like that, I'm sure it took him hours to make those things? They're pretty hilarious though. I wish I could learn more about computers.

With regards to trolling or looking for information about doing illegal things. I think there are better places than here. As far as I've seen, no one has told me how to make a bomb on this forum, not that I'd really want to do that kind of crap. I've had a chance to be involved in a situation involving a bomb. Let's say I could only pray to God for any help with that.

As for your fully automatic uzi, I think maybe you have a better chance of getting in trouble with the law. Because in my case of dealing with the scenario I described earlier, I was not concerned with the law in that jurisdiction and if I were, would have no problems whatsoever justifying my actions.
If you want to talk guns, then, what do you think about the Les Baer AR223 M4. I really want one of those. I think it's pretty hard to beat some of their claimed .25"MOA. And I think it's just hard to beat the quality on the pieces he does. As for an Uzi. I'm sure the firearms Nazi's will catch up with you soon enough and find a reason to arrest you.

[This message has been edited by Assassin (edited 05-20-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vampire Gerbil:

Would you mind telling us why anyone other than a military person would need to do something like that?

If someone's using this forum to gather information for criminal purposes, they should be banned.
</font>

assassin, you never answered VG's question. I think the question is very straight forward.

Sign off, by computer geek:
arg-reading-cpu.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Assassin:
If you want to talk guns, then, what do you think about the Les Baer AR223 M4. I really want one of those. I think it's pretty hard to beat some of their claimed .25"MOA. And I think it's just hard to beat the quality on the pieces he does.</font>

That's 1/2"MOA Assassin. Check it out at:

http://www.lesbaer.com/ar223.html

Yes, Les does do quality work. Maybe Assassin (here's a thought) you should research a weapon before you go talking about it and looking like a fool. lol! Let's talk guns again sometime. lol!

killerkain
Semper Fi

[This message has been edited by killerkain (edited 05-20-2001).]

Back