Are Striders the Best for. . .

So...has anyone heard? Is Cobalt still alive?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
OH S*** this is too friggin funny!
*wiping eyes*
Vermonster, "Your mother should have eaten you while your bones were still soft." That's BEAUTIFUL! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I heard the reason Assblastin hasn't responded lately is because he's pinned down by two caffiene crazed cheerleaders brandishing swizzle sticks outside the Starbucks.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Tráceme no sin la razón, envoltura mi no sin honor
Usual Suspect
MOLON LABE!

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of it quite like that Reed.
So...
Where do I sign up for one of these Mall Ninja gigs?
biggrin.gif

Nah, forget it, I probably don't have enough experience!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Tráceme no sin la razón, envoltura mi no sin honor
Usual Suspect
MOLON LABE!

I wouldn't bother responding to this thread except for the fact that I've received some very clandestine raw video of Ass-ass-in's recent demise, and I feel obligated to share it with all of his friends here. Perhaps a moment of silence is in order.
sam.gif

LMFAO! Stool detected.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by samhell (edited 05-24-2001).]

Where do they come from and why the hell do they keep signing up at BF? Damn no wonder the old guys don't post anymore.

Regards,

Tom Carey

Ok, I've been reading along with this much like everyone else has, with some amusement.

However, after some I thought, I have a question. I am no operator of any kind, just a knife guy, and in the scenario presented - how much of a stress on the knife potentially is that situation?

I mean, assuming for a moment that you come to being nose to nose with someone who, presumably, is trying to pull out a gun and you are going to try and do something with a knife. Assuming for a moment you are trying to stab into soft tissue, I imagine almost any reasonable fixed blade knife will do. I mean the old Sykes - Fairbairn daggers certainly weren't particularly strong and they had something of a reputation. Taking the next step, is it reasonable to assume someone, in such a situation, could stab a knife through trauma plate or body armor of some kind? I would think it is possible through most kinds of normal clothes, but anything more seems unrealistic.

It seems to me the greater test of a Strider was when MadBomber had his special crow bar for his mini - gun "outed" of his chopper and had to use his Strider in that situation.

Am I wrong about this?

I just have to congratulate Cobalt on his fine graphics in this particular forum.

Normally, there would be a stream of words. Occasionally, there may be some excellent verse of counter-argument.

Cobalt always comes up with first class motion graphics. I am in total bewilderment how he does that all the time.

Two thumbs up for you, Cobalt!

------------------
Make Love your strongest weapon. Compassion your shield and forgiveness your armour.

Um, again the question of attacking a person who hasn't drawn their weapon. This situation is just not very likely to come up. I mean seriously ... Are people implying that they are reaching for the firearm? Maybe they're trying to draw because you are holding that large knife in your hand ... Or is this one of those gang scenarios where the guy is pulling up his shirt exposing that 'gat' in his pants?!?!?!

Either way, if for some strange reason you needed to attack somebody who hadn't drawn their primary weapon with your knife from five feet away you'd have the advantage. Unfortunately, weapon users often have the problem of relying on them like a crutch. Which would make their reaction predictable leading to an easy trapping of their hand and then a lethal strike. Then again maybe the opponent reads your expectation, feints for the draw then intercepts your trapping hand. After stepping to your outside while pulling you past he shoots you several times. This applies to blades vs blade etc. etc. as well, but I think it illustrates that the largest factor is the expertise of both players.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Uh, mick, you have any free time yet for those blades?
wink.gif

Golok, thanks, just doing my part for assassins learning.

Ass..ass..in, shouldn't have had all that chilli the other night....

94.gif

NASTY!!!
biggrin.gif

My girlfriend showed me that site a few years ago,I forgot how funny it was LOL
biggrin.gif

Assinine,
Y'mind if I call you that? I couldn't stop reading this thread (thank you, you know who you are
biggrin.gif
). Anyways, it made me think of some questions to ask you.

1. Do you suck ***k, bull***t, I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

2. How tall are you? Holy Jesus, I didn't know they could stack ***t that high.

You best get your head and ass wired straight and start s***ting me Tiffany cufflinks.

------------------
Spydies... Bet you can't buy just one.
ICQ# 117419996
http://photos.collegeclub.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1393572&a=12815240&f=0

Back