• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

BAD- Received Rocks vice Rockstead

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has no bearing on how I or the other forum members ... (who are all in good standing and well respected) ... ship with a reused box if it's in good condition ...

A few say they see tape was already cut etc ... but others see something different ... you have your opinion ... others have theirs ... where you stepped in it was mocking anyone who didn't agree with you.

You just want to argue because you attacked members that don't share your point of view.

Thanks JJ for reminding me & everyone of our rights to our own opinions...as well as pointing out everyones' state of "good standing"...really, I mean it, THANKS! :thumbsup:

If it offends anyone that I posted that it's "moronic" to repurpose a free USPS Small Flat Rate to ship an $800 blade in rather than use a new Priority Mailer then that's their problem...and it's pathological.

Are you really defending the abject cheap-assness of repurposing a free Flat Rate box multiple times?

Because that was the practice I claimed as being "moronic."

I wasn't talking about anyone who'd reuse a super stout, structurally sound, hard to find size box for a non-conventionally sized blade-- because that is practical and the best choice more often than not-- but that's what I got jumped on for, and then piled on after that....

We're talking about reusing a free....usps.....flat....rate....box

LMMFAO...how do you even do that? The flap's already been glued down once....o_Oo_Oo_O

I've tried to make the point if the buyer would've had the common sense and foresight to use a new box or either gotten off his ass and went to the PO to get a new one, he wouldn't have obfuscated that point of contention in this incident.

Please stick to my point with a counter point of your own and stop derailing the thread with your own stamp-steaming agenda of practical matters and frugality...give me a mf break.

Thanks JJ for reminding me & everyone of our rights to our own opinions...as well as pointing out everyones' state of "good standing"...really, I mean it, THANKS! :thumbsup:

If it offends anyone that I posted that it's "moronic" to repurpose a free USPS Small Flat Rate to ship an $800 blade in rather than use a new Priority Mailer then that's their problem...and it's pathological.

Are you really defending the abject cheap-assness of repurposing a free Flat Rate box multiple times?

I wasn't talking about anyone who'd reuse a super stout, structurally sound, hard to find size box for a non-conventionally sized blade-- because that is practical and the best choice more often than not-- but that's what I got jumped on for, and then piled on after that....

LMMFAO...how do you even do that? The flap's already been glued down once....o_Oo_Oo_O

I've tried to make the point if the buyer would've had the common sense and foresight to use a new box or either gotten off his ass and went to the PO to get a new one, he wouldn't have obfuscated that point of contention in this incident.

Please stick to my point with a counter point of your own and stop derailing the thread with your own stamp-steaming agenda of practical matters and frugality...give me a mf break.

My whole point is simple ... it wouldn't matter if the box was a stout triple thick brand new box ... or a tattered mess ... if you are saying "the tape was cut" ...

how would any box cause tape to be impervious to being cut? ... The box wasn't beat up at all ...

and it wasn't me who derailed a thread I merely stated as most others we didn't agree with you that a box can't or shouldn't be reused ...

In this thread it has went way off the rails many times ... sadly ...

but cutting tape on a new box is just as easy as a used box ... and a thief wouldn't care if it were new or used they would just retape it and send it on ... as the next handler would not have a clue it it was retaped at the senders home or 25 miles away at the last stop ...

and there is no need to puff out your chest and make anything personal just because others don't agree with you ...

so your "stick to the point" comment ... really? ... is just more of you attacking someone disagreeing with you and you getting all in a bunch derailing the thread ... not anyone who said "hey nothing wrong with reusing boxes I do it too" as many said.

And on point again ... tape being cut has nothing to do with the box ... in case you missed that part being so wound up because not everyone agrees with you ...

Thanks for bolding this part for me- Saves me a bit of time.

It's so obvious that the knife was probably lost due to reusing a box- Which, is obviously free is the best excuse and just having the resource because it's free doesn't mean that we have to always take advantage of it..Especially since someone is paying for it through their taxes, etc.
So the people that are making the statement about reuse- Getting back to that- not having common sense and all. If we strip everything away and use our common sense then we can come to all sorts of conclusions..Because now I don't have to use critical thinking skills and all.
By that logic, being A) Me, being one of the people that recycles boxes without common sense B) Me looking to improve my station in life,
I would look at things differently.
Right now I am eyeballing your selling stats and starting to think that this common sense without critical thinking skills should tell me that you are a dealer abusing the system.

See how that works?

Back to the topic- we have strayed off topic long enuff.

The MYTH re: the USPS - services & supplies - "Especially since someone is paying for it through their taxes, etc."

I am compelled to interject this correction -

"Congress still has authority over the U.S. Postal Service. The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to fund its operations. But while Congress doesn't fund the post office, they do continue to control the purse strings.Apr 4, 2018

US Post Office Will Be Busy On Tax Day, But Won't Use Taxpayer Dollars

https://www.forbes.com/.../us-post-office-will-be-busy-on-tax-day-but-wont-use-taxpaye..."

Though I reuse boxes for mailing frequently, I don't reuse priority mail boxes - they are provided for "free" as part of the shipping costs. And yes, in this instance, reusing a box has completely muddied the waters as to what happened.

Ray

The box did nothing to affect a thing ... and in one way or another you can bet the public pays for those boxes ... through higher stamp prices or postage prices .... insurances and other services ... it's just how things work ...

and if someone wants to bash me for knowing boxes hmmm ... made from paper product ... hmmm paper product from trees ... hmmm ... we need more trees ... but hell it's free I'll just waste a perfectly good box and cut another tree down and cause costs of post office services to rise at the same time ... then bash away ...

And again the box could have been fresh off the factory pallet and it would not have kept the tape from being cut ... if it was cut at all ...

Both parties may have great feedback and it may be that neither of them did a thing wrong ... and I hope that holds true ...

But there are still somethings that seem off in the whole deal ... but the box itself had nothing to do with this ... even those arguing it did point to the tape being cut ... smh

If all anyone wants to bring up is boxes and doesn't see the two members involved ... for all intensive purposes have went quiet ... then it's not only went off the rails again but went somewhere else too ...

last I bother looking at this mess ...

I hope both members are made whole in the end and it proves that neither member was involved in this.

Good luck.

Last edited:
My buddy just told me about this sweet deal going on.

Genuine Rockstead for $6.99

QUlVbyx.jpg
Reported...

The MYTH re: the USPS - services & supplies - "Especially since someone is paying for it through their taxes, etc."

"Congress still has authority over the U.S. Postal Service. The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to fund its operations. But while Congress doesn't fund the post office, they do continue to control the purse strings.Apr 4, 2018
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...usy-on-tax-day-but-wont-use-taxpayer-dollars/

https://www.forbes.com/.../us-post-office-will-be-busy-on-tax-day-but-wont-use-taxpaye..."

Though I reuse boxes for mailing frequently, I don't reuse priority mail boxes - they are provided for "free" as part of the shipping costs. And yes, in this instance, reusing a box has completely muddied the waters as to what happened.

Ray
Agreed. They are a .com, think about it folks.

I reuse boxes and packaging all the time. There is no problem in doing such is you use common sense.

I also reuse boxes all the time, but even when I use new ones I tape them...I don't trust their glue strips. Hundreds of sales on the bay and never had an issue.

I also reuse boxes all the time, but even when I use new ones I tape them...I don't trust their glue strips. Hundreds of sales on the bay and never had an issue.
I tape the absolute crap out of the packaging, reused or not. There would have to be obvious malicious intent if the package arrived open or contents gone.

Lack of comments by the principals at this point likely due to OP having surgery and seller getting the PP judgment.

The only part the re-used box played was in helping to see if it had been cut open on this trip at some time by a postal worker or the OP. The re-used box did not fail, did not cause the box to be cut open and did not result in the knife being stolen and replaced with a rock(or rocks). While I don't re-use flat rate boxes, I do re-use other boxes I receive when the size is appropriate and needed. I see no problem with their use as long as item is packed correctly and taped well. A re-used small flat rate box, packed and taped correctly will fair better than a new not packed and taped correctly. Bottom line, box played no role in the theft-maybe a little in the investigation. This was not a problem brought on by poor packing.

Ray

Oh...In that case..use the boxes to build a house..since they are free and all.

way to pick the flyshit out the pepper

Someone IS paying for it..and since the USPS is in DEBT and a GOVERNMENT agency..That will be US.

https://fortune.com/2015/03/27/us-postal-service/

I was compelled to respond..

Last edited:
Oh...In that case..use the boxes to build a house..since they are free and all.

way to pick the flyshit out the pepper

Someone IS paying for it..and since the USPS is in DEBT and a GOVERNMENT agency..That will be US.

I was compelled to respond..
If they are a government agency then why is their website for profit? Serious question. I get there is a a bit of a grey area here, but all government agency websites I've ever visited don't end in .com.

If they are a government agency then why is their website for profit? Serious question. I get there is a a bit of a grey area here, but all government agency websites I've ever visited don't end in .com.

If they were a business, they wouldn't carry 15 billion of debt constantly. They would simply be gone. Know any businesses that has that perk?
Read the link I just added to the last post on this matter. All the perks of a government agency and none of the downsides of a business.

They are one of the hybrid agencies. They are suppose to run on their own income, but are backed by the Fed
Haven't fact checked, but believe they were profitable through most of their history, but higher gas prices, heavy competition from other shippers and the internet have really hurt the business model.

If they were a business, they wouldn't carry 15 billion of debt constantly. They would simply be gone. Know any businesses that has that perk?
Read the link I just added to the last post on this matter. All the perks of a government agency and none of the downsides of a business.
Interesting. Sort of a hybrid I guess. I wonder why they are allowed the .com status. Seems more like a .gov to me. For all their faults, they are still my preferred shipping service and I love my local postal carrier. He's fantastic.

What your article did not mention was the congresstional
mandate several years back for the postal system to make there retirement fund whole . They were billions in the hole and have been gaining ground since .

Interesting. Sort of a hybrid I guess. I wonder why they are allowed the .com status. Seems more like a .gov to me. For all their faults, they are still my preferred shipping service and I love my local postal carrier. He's fantastic.

Wish I could answer this- Honestly, no idea..but I guess hybrid is the best descriptor?

meh- Sorry for taking it down this particular rabbit hole- The funding wasn't necessarily where I was going with my post.. Taxes or otherwise.
Apologies to RayseM RayseM as well.
My main point was that I reuse as much as it makes sense..Regardless of who is paying for it, trying to be considerate of others has never hurt me that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back