• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

A conversation where he mentions using Reddit raffles to get together enough money to buy the Shamwari.... Also a pic of his knife collection at the time (possibly partial).

https://imgur.com/gallery/rTmaZ
Actually to be fair, that was December 11, so just before he pulled all the shit.
ETA: that doesn't mean he hasn't been doing raffles to fund more transactions, but we need proof of that.

Last edited:
I have been following this thread for a few weeks now. I know this is my first "real" post, but we all have to start somewhere, right? Anyways, I have had some dealing with him recently (before I knew this post existed). In Dec, he bought a Gareth Bull Shamwari from me without issue ($650). In Jan, he bought a Boos Blades Smoke from me, again, without issue ($200). Finally, in mid Jan, we traded knives (Shiro Neon for a Karroll KC3). It looks like all of these transactions were conducted after his PP/CC/Bank "problems". Just thought I would share.

Yes, they were.

A conversation where he mentions using Reddit raffles to get together enough money to buy the Shamwari.... Also a pic of his knife collection at the time (possibly partial).

https://imgur.com/gallery/rTmaZ

Wow! Thanks for posting!

Conversation about his PayPal being locked out around New Year's. Sorry about the last post being out of the concerned time frame.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ikAdM
Well that certainly is damning! His shit was cleared up with PayPal by the 28th according to that. He has well earned his ban here and his new reputation!:thumbsdown:
...And any charges that may be coming his way as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for coming forward with this mark.

So it comes full-circle. What was suspected has been proven to be true.

I don't think that many of us here are surprised, but we've seen this game played out many times before.

Heath Helton is what we thought he was. Sadly enough, there will be others gullible enough to believe that he was somhow a victim. The best we can do is to make sure that this thread stays on top.

So it comes full-circle. What was suspected has been proven to be true.

I don't think that many of us here are surprised, but we've seen this game played out many times before.

Heath Helton is what we thought he was. Sadly enough, there will be others gullible enough to believe that he was somhow a victim. The best we can do is to make sure that this thread stays on top.
With some more people coming forward I'm sure this is gonna be Hall of Shame material unfortunately. So sad! Like others have said, it erodes at the trust in our community and kills the enjoyment of what we are trying to have here.:mad::(

Victims of Heath Helton scams, may want to consider contacting the Texas Rangers. This type of fraud may very well fit under one of their jurisdictional catagories. If enough people give the Rangers a link to this thread, along with a registered complaint, it may just move up a bit on their priority list. This type of action is much more sensible than personal threats over the phone, and Heath’s team of lawyers would surely welcome the challange of dealing with such an elite law enforcement agency.
https://www.dps.texas.gov/TexasRangers/rangerresponsibilities.htm
If it turns out that Heath is innocent, then the Rangers may just go up against the corrupt banking institution that confiscated Heath’s money. This could be a win win for everyone involved, and also bring resolution to this thread.

Last edited:
Nah, nah, I'm not saying he's buying knives. I'm asking how he "stole" knives from anyone. I hadn't even seen claims about stealing knives til I got here. Is that just confusion? For him to "steal" a knife, you'd have to mail it to him first right? I assume that means he bought the knife? But that would also indicate he purchased it before the event, which counters the statements about "still" buying knives, after the event. I'm just trying to hear from someone who thinks they had their knife stolen so I can ask Heath about it. Up to this point, this was just chargeback stuff in my eyes, the mention of theft is a whole new ballgame from my point of view.
He's buying knives while he owes people money. He has the money and the property of those he owes. He could pay them back if he so chooses. Yet he doesn't. He is making a choice to take and hold their money and their property. That is stealing. It is clearly a deliberate scam or why wouldn't he just pay these people back? Remember, he has the money.

I've been reading this thread purely for entertainment value almost from the start. From the time Helton first "explained" the problem it's been clear that everything that has happened has been purposeful.

I am personally still waiting for the money to be returned. It's not a huge amount, but still significant. Heath assures me it's on the way, but I am not in a rush to get it back; apparently there are others who are in more dire situations.
Lance Leon Lance Leon
Does this new information about him buying knives change your opinion at all? I know you weren’t desperate to get your money, but you had to believe you would be getting paid before he resumed buying more knives. I’m am certain those that are/were in more dire circumstances were expecting to get paid first.

I've been reading this thread purely for entertainment value almost from the start. From the time Helton first "explained" the problem it's been clear that everything that has happened has been purposeful.

You are right, especially pulling off the scam just before he moved. To prosecute a case like this is not an easy one considering most people he is accused of stealing from are from different states. The case can be prosecuted in the state/town he lived in when the crime was committed. I think most, if not all the larcenies were perpetrated in Kansas, and now he lives in Texas. I believe victims will have a hard time getting anyone in Kansas to investigate/prosecute the case because he moved. If someone were to compile a list of victims and dollar amounts I think an investigator in Kansas would investigate the case. It would entail each victim to respond to their local police and file a report. Written sworn statements could then be forwarded to the investigator in Kansas. The cases would be grouped together as one, and an arrest warrant would be submitted to the court. This case would take some time because the investigator would have to serve search warrants to PayPal and the bank. If I was an investigator in Kansas I would not shy away from this case, justice needs to be served.

I think that at this point the motive of Heath Helton is pretty clear The more times that the name Heath Helton is mentioned in this thread, the higher the probability that Heath Helton will appear in a web-search linked to his questionable (at best) activities.

Heath Helton.

Lance Leon Lance Leon
Does this new information about him buying knives change your opinion at all? I know you weren’t desperate to get your money, but you had to believe you would be getting paid before he resumed buying more knives. I’m am certain those that are/were in more dire circumstances were expecting to get paid first.
He bought knives before I received the chargeback. My opinion has not changed; I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get my money back. I'm not going to support him via trading or buying, at least till this is resolved properly, but I'm not going to condemn him.

Who? Heath Helton
Yes, Heath Helton . Apparently, Heath Helton has been involved in some questionable (at best) activities in the cutlery trading world. People would be well-advised to exercise caution when dealing with Heath Helton.

Heath Helton is his name.

Be sure to exercise caution when dealing with Heath Helton.

That name again is Heath Helton.

Back