1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by thtieu, Dec 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mark Boyles

Mark Boyles Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    Also, I you notice, I didn't get a charge back on the two transactions before the incident. I thought all of his transactions were flagged...

2. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    moshow9, timw1 and bonky like this.
  3. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Hey, were can I donate to the Heath Helton go fund me page? Reddit? Maybe I should join Reddit and the Heath Helton fan club. I really feel bad for old Heath Helton, because Heath Helton is such a victim. I'll be happy to donate money for the Heath Helton legal team. Poor old Heath Helton doesn't have enough stolen knives and needs more. Step right up to the Heath Helton raffle on reddit!!!! So sad. Heath Helton - Hall of Shame.

MJ713, LCKT707, Armadew and 3 others like this.
  4. bonky

bonky Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Double-like then, fair is fair.

5. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    Make sure he doesn't come back with some response like "Well I shouldn't have to put my entire hobby on hold just to make people whole". This was thousands of dollars, he absolutely is ethically obligated to. No integrity if he doesnt.

bonky likes this.
  6. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    Yours seem to be the most recent transactions to happen before the incident, maybe PP only disputed during a certain time period.

No dog in this fight but I believe this was not a scam, just that Heath Helton handled it extremely poorly (that's putting it lightly), and the impatience/anger of affected folks did not help. It does not excuse his lack of communication, nor does it excuse the fact that he's continued to make personal purchases while there's still people that need to be made whole. As a seller with supposed integrity Heath needs to maintain that by focusing on his wronged customers and not luxuries for himself or his family.

7. bonky

Jul 1, 2009
    He won't be back. Bhyde and Boru13 are on top of this situation. Btw, thank you to both of you, @bhyde and @Boru13. You fellows don't receive nearly enough recognition for all that you do.

palonej, leghog, bhyde and 3 others like this.
  8. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    Mark astutely highlighted the most important bit of information, his transactions didn’t get charged back.

benchwarmer380, bonky and timw1 like this.
  9. timw1

timw1 Swamp Yankee Platinum Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Got my vote!

OilMan, danbot and bonky like this.
  10. LastRodeo

Nov 2, 2013
    I can only go by the information that is being provided by those who say they are in communication with him and know the story.... but it was stated he only contested one transaction with PP and then PP took it upon themselves to chargeback everything for a year. While there would be a cutoff date for transactions that occured longer than a year prior, all transactions that were done up to the point the mass chargeback of transactions occurred would be inclusive of the event.

11. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    No worries on that, this will eventually become a sticky thread.

12. bonky

Jul 1, 2009
    Thank you 2 times (ok, stealing from Jim) sir!

13. Jake_Lucas

Jake_Lucas

Sep 21, 2012
    My weekly update:

Firstly since there are at least two Jakes in here, I wanted to clarify I’m the PT Jake (which turned out null) from PA, better known as KnifeNuts Jake. I’ll add a sig.

Speaking of PT’s, thanks to @Mark Boyles screenshots I think I’ve at least seen a grainy photo of my old MSC PT today. Sold November, disputed December 18, and closed January 30 with a $20 “chargeback fee” added to lost funds :lol:

I’ve been hearing from Heath about once a week for the past few weeks via IG, most recently on February 25 he said we had better than a 50/50 chance of getting settled up financially. I’ll be checking in with him again today since it’s been a week.

14. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    If upon entering or leaving your house, you inadvertently step into a big pile of dog shit, a person has to scramble for sticks, grass, or some trash object to clean those shoes.
    This is the same situation for those people who got involved with our friend Heath Helton, in a negative way.

palonej and bonky like this.
  15. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Oooooh! A 50/50 chance! Sounds reasonable.:rolleyes:

16. Marko3

Marko3

Dec 12, 2010
    No kidding ... Better than 50/50 Heath Helton you truly suck at life .

Jondllas311 and Postlapsaria like this.
  17. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    It will depend on WHEN the events occurred and WHEN Heath Helton moved to Texas.

Anything that happened BEFORE Heath Helton moved to Texas would not fall under the jurisdiction of any Texas based law enforcement organization.

18. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    But it would fall under "Cybercrime" jurisdiction. Which is quite a large jurisdiction if I'm not mistaken.

19. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    Yes, it would BUT law enforcement jurisdiction is based on the location of the perpetrator, Heath Helton, at the time he conducted his nefarious actions. Unless he performed the majority of his fraud/deception/theft in Texas, the primary location would take precedence.

If I understand it correctly, he was in Missouri at the time he, Heath Helton, conducted his misconduct. Therefore, jurisdiction would be that of the city police of the city he lived in, or the County Sheriff's office or the Missouri State Police.

The determining factors of WHO would take jurisdiction are varied.
    - Was he living in an incorporated city at the time or not.
    - The total value of goods stolen
    - Missouri state law concerning the investigation and pursuit of cyber-crime.

and probably more factors.

Some states have chosen to declare ALL cyber-crime as coming under the purview of the state police organization, while others leave at the local levels, unless it has the potential to be newsworthy big and then politics rules its ugly head and there is "discussions" about who gets responsibility of investigating.

Then you also have to factor in any Federal crimes (mail fraud, wire fraud, etc). Although it has to be REALLY big before the feds stick their fingers in the pot.

danbot likes this.
  20. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Which is why folks like Heath Helton pull up stakes and move state to state.