• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Yes, it would BUT law enforcement jurisdiction is based on the location of the perpetrator, Heath Helton, at the time he conducted his nefarious actions. Unless he performed the majority of his fraud/deception/theft in Texas, the primary location would take precedence.

If I understand it correctly, he was in Missouri at the time he, Heath Helton, conducted his misconduct. Therefore, jurisdiction would be that of the city police of the city he lived in, or the County Sheriff's office or the Missouri State Police.

The determining factors of WHO would take jurisdiction are varied.
- Was he living in an incorporated city at the time or not.
- The total value of goods stolen
- Missouri state law concerning the investigation and pursuit of cyber-crime.

and probably more factors.

Some states have chosen to declare ALL cyber-crime as coming under the purview of the state police organization, while others leave at the local levels, unless it has the potential to be newsworthy big and then politics rules its ugly head and there is "discussions" about who gets responsibility of investigating.

Then you also have to factor in any Federal crimes (mail fraud, wire fraud, etc). Although it has to be REALLY big before the feds stick their fingers in the pot.
You may be right, but it's total BS. If you can commit the crimes across the country and in fact across the planet over the internet, then there needs to be
Someone with jurisdiction over it. Just because one perpetrates their crimes from Timbucktwo on someone from wheresthatwhen shouldn't mean "sorry, nothing we can do". Trust was violated in a real Weasely way and moving to a new zip code shouldn't clean the slate or reset the clock so to speak. :mad:

In a case like this, the victims would have to start their own web page, and coordinate an effort to prosecute Heath Helton. Unfortunately, I doubt that most of them have the free time nor money, to pursue such a task. However, if they had a leader that knew the law, it might be possible. Someone might even start a: Let’s Fund the Prosecution of Heath Helton Page.
If it ever came the point of criminal proceedings, that had to be filed in the state of Kansas, I’m sure that Texas would readily give up the little piece of trash.

Has anybody gotten a refund/knife back from Heath Helton. You know, the lowlife that claims his C.C. was hacked and now the bank has taken his money and won't give it back( something like that :rolleyes:).

Has anybody gotten a refund/knife back from Heath Helton. You know, the lowlife that claims his C.C. was hacked and now the bank has taken his money and won't give it back( something like that :rolleyes:).
I just received a return of the cash that I lost due to the paypal chargeback a few months ago. I others have gotten money back as well, but not everyone. Heath tells me he's working down the list to get everyone paid back.f

Disclaimer: this isn't me defending him. I just wanted to update anyone who was interested/involved.

I did not hear back from him last weekend or since. Not sure if he’s gone dark or just taking longer than our usual one week interval. I’ll update again.

Lance Leon Lance Leon glad to hear you got your refund!

I just received a return of the cash that I lost due to the paypal chargeback a few months ago. I others have gotten money back as well, but not everyone. Heath tells me he's working down the list to get everyone paid back.f

Disclaimer: this isn't me defending him. I just wanted to update anyone who was interested/involved.

So, you've been made whole ??

I did not hear back from him last weekend or since. Not sure if he’s gone dark or just taking longer than our usual one week interval. I’ll update again.

Lance Leon Lance Leon glad to hear you got your refund!
Yeah, he did mention to me that he hasn't been active on social media as of late. I contacted him through email.

Indeed, I was repaid the full amount owed, and I received the knife that I was owed about 2 months ago. Heath has returned all goods and cash that I was owed, but it appears it just took him some time. That was my experience.

Good for you, I'm glad you were made whole, but most people victimized by a ponzi scheme never see their money.

Good for you, I'm glad you were made whole, but most people victimized by a ponzi scheme never see their money.
I can't say for certain if it's a ponzi scheme, some other type of scam, or just plain old bad luck for Heath. Whatever it is, I'm going to stay neutral. Other than objective updates, I'm going to abstain from posting on the thread, and just read.

Good luck to everyone else affected. If anyone wants help contacting Heath or something of that nature, I'm happy to assist where I can.

You read my mind. I was just thinking the same thing. I don’t think in this case no news is good news :(
Probably not. I just thought this thread could use a bump! I am still hoping for the best for everyone affected though, but The more time that passes...

He's been quiet on Reddit as well, but here he is with an 0450 heading his way from who knows where 2 weeks ago:

NZUydqf.png

Back