Beer talk

Grolsh is King. I will drink Corona Extra Gold. It is has a very sweet after taste but is so freaking smoothe.

Got a 6 of Hook and Latter brown ale. I like browns alot and this one was a pretty average brown. Santa also put a bottle of one of my favorites in my stocking, Lion Stout. Yummmm.

John Courage beer is about as kick ass as you can get. I haven't had it for awhile. I hope it is still available.

Picked up the Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale a very good beer. I'll be getting more of this one.

Picked up the Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale a very good beer. I'll be getting more of this one.

All the Smuttynose brews are excellent.

I love Old Brown Dog. Definitely my favorite brown ale. I've only tried that one and the IPA from Smuttynose, but both are excellent beers. Been on a tight budget lately so haven't been able to get really good beer. Been making do with Yeungling Black & Tan, which isn't bad at all, but not what I prefer. Guess I'm a beer snob:eek:.

Tonight an Old Mephisto Barley Wine...tastes like hell :D

0032.jpg

My newest love is DFH's Chicory Stout. I was trying to recruit help to steal the remainder of the keg after the tasting I went to last Friday. :D

I finished this one off tonight:

IMG_0681.jpg

It's a Pale Ale from Pisgah Brewing, down the road in Black Mountain, North Carolina.

I got it at Earth Fare last weekend... $12.99 for 64oz of damn good, completely organic beer. Next time, I'm gonna try the porter.

Last edited:
I finished this one off tonight:

IMG_0681.jpg

It's a Pale Ale from Pisgah Brewing, down the road in Black Mountain, North Carolina.

I got it at Earth Fare last weekend... $12.99 for 64oz of damn good, completely organic beer. Next time, I'm gonna try the porter.

I've had a few from Pisgah, pretty tasty stuff. Tonight a Portsmouth Holidaze Porter.

First brew of the day, Nogne Peculiar Yule. My second brew for the day, and glad to see it here in Utah. Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock.

Just picked up a 6er of Bell's HopSlam. This was a great beer last year and I'm looking forward to having it tonight.

Tonight it's back to my old standard, Magic Hat No. 9. The more I drink this stuff I think if it was the only beer on earth, I'd be ok. I'm glad it's not... but I'd be ok drinking just this the rest of my life.

And since everyone else is putting a knife with they're beer... I'll do it too:

IMG_0691.jpg

One of the enjoyable things about drinking Magic Hat are the sayings under the caps. The one I opened tonight was pretty fitting...

IMG_0688.jpg

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Today having a very tasty Big Sky Biere De Noel, seek this one out.

Cheers!

Back