Off Topic Best COVID-19 zombie knife

You can't repell people from replying to a thread. And rightfully so. Your answer is clever, but it won't slow down the flow of stupid (or, sometimes, clever) answers. It's a gamble, sort of...

I am aghast at OPs attempt at levity during these uncertain times. I come to Bladeforums for the factual, accurate, and tasteful conveyance of world news and instead, I get this thread. It's disheartening, especially after losing a sister to zombies. Back to the bounty of comedy podcasts being produced at the moment....

Well, because I always appreciate your posts and because you write well (I still have to read your books, however, I'm slacking...), I totally consider your answer and will mitigate the "total stupidity" stuff.
The genre may not be totally stupid as I said. After all, it has been launched ages ago by Bram Stoker (a good writer), based on regional Romanian legends, if I remember well. That book is a good read. It has also spawned numerous movies (good and bad...). In my opinion, the material has gotten poorer and poorer over time. "I am a legend" would be the apex of voidness (regarding content), although a good movie in itself.

However, it's not a thread or two, the "zombie" thing has been polluting knife threads for years by now. Like "What's the best knife for a zombie apocalypse ?". Count them. It's a childish phantasy, at best. It was only mildly irritating, and totally ignorable, until now. I believe seeing this crap dished out now managed to get my goat. And I thought I was cooler than a deep freezed cucumber...

There are a lot of terrible zombie movies, television shows, comic books/graphic novels and novels, not to mention video games, but there are also good/fun examples in each category. :)

With the first seasons of The Walking Dead, the fact that one of the main characters carried cool knives made for a natural knife related discussion topic. Later on, the saturation of the market with cheap, ugly zombie knives combined with the use of crappier knives on the show made people lose interest around here...that, and the sheer hundreds (thousands?) of threads discussing it. :D

"Best Zombie Apocalypse Knife" is overdone, but can be a fun silly thread at times.
When it is tied in with a current, ongoing and lethal event, well, that loses the fun silly feel.

I am aghast at OPs attempt at levity during these uncertain times. I come to Bladeforums for the factual, accurate, and tasteful conveyance of world news and instead, I get this thread. It's disheartening, especially after losing a sister to zombies. Back to the bounty of comedy podcasts being produced at the moment....
BF for world news. Nice touch.

Probably dis and dat
72IPGn0.jpg

Zv38yPl.jpg

4gwy9Gr.jpg
and or
7LuXXtk.jpg

REWmAIu.jpg

then this to get away :D

EuszIbf.jpg
@TheTourist said there is a lot of toes suckers out there so one must be ready:eek:

Last edited:
.....”Best Zombie Apocalypse Knife" is overdone, but can be a fun silly thread at times.
When it is tied in with a current, ongoing and lethal event, well, that loses the fun silly feel.

Under the Obama administration, federal agencies used a “zombie apocalypse” as a training tool for planning purposes. While fictionalized, it covers the collapse of social and civil society and deals primarily with the resulting unrest. The dead walking or otherwise are just a plot device; the reasons these stories are popular is that the aftermath is often portrayed all too realistically.

What does a modern urban industrialized society do when the supermarkets close and the authorities are no longer around to answer 911 calls?

n2s

Stick with firearms or bow and arrows or crossbows.
Avoid knives and swords and such.
If you're hacking, stabbing, or slicing a humanoid, then you're risking blood borne pathogens. :eek::eek::eek:
You may very will kill the humanoid, yet still lose the battle to sickness.

QTJ05YP.jpg

Agreed Yes and That’s exactly why you never bring a knife to a gun fight :thumbsup:

I disagree. What happens if you run out of ammo? I'd rather have a knife than be barehanded. I'd bring both.

However, I'll be one of the first to die. I already know I've got a shortened lifespan. If I can make it another 10 years I'll be happy. My nephews will be old enough to inherit my knives without parental supervision), and another 5 years my guns.

Last edited:
I admire your mindset. Take care, stay safe. I wish everybody makes it through this shitstorm.

FWIW, I've never watched a second of any of those Walking Dead shows...nor do I play video games, or typically engage in any of this "Zombie Apocalypse childish behavior....regardless, I did find some the hypocrisy posted here, rather amusing.

We do.... we also like movies and books about completely unreal topics. WW3, Magic, wizards, dragons, magic rings..killer robots from the future.... light sabers, the force, alien invasion, etc. Etc.

The number of "what knife for the zombie apocalypse" or " whet knife for SHTF" or what "knife for my bug out bag" "what knife for the next riots" we have had here would be tough to count.

I have family members who had to suit up for the LA Riots, and the family still tells jokes about it to this day. (one of the funnier firearm collection inheritance stories I've heard).

I am certain, without a doubt, that my own family will be affected by the Covid 19. Some of us will get it....some might die.

I've lost family members to all sorts of causes. Suicide....car accident, illness, heart attack, alzheimers, blood disorders......

Heck, I nearly killed my grandma with a chocolate shake one time. Family and friends seem to get a kick out of that.

My other grandma...I made the mistake of saving her life.....boy did I get an earful. She was in the hospital for a terrible lung infection. She coded out, right in front of me (after a joke). I grabbed the closest nurse and had her revived......boy did I get an ear full!! She was not pleased with me. She had already (unbeknownst to me) signed a DNR form. Jokingly told me she was already in the light, and ready to rest. Whole family got a kick out of grandma telling them that. She passed a few hours later, but not before telling me the stern talking to was all in good fun....
Death happens. The black plague, polio, sars, the common flu killed 389,000 people last year according to the CDC.

I'm still going to joke about the flu (though it cane pretty darned close to killing my wife and I about 20 years ago). (I had a severly handicapped cousin (bot physical and mental), born with water on her brain, who had a wicked sense of humor about her handicap. She used it to good effect frequently.

I work in a high risk environment (superior court and in and our of the jail nearly daily).

Nothing about covid 19 is funny.....except all the things people find funny about it...

I've shared some great laughs with co workers, store employees, jailers, inmates.....

SARS, Swine flu, etc all make their way to where I live.

Joking about hardship is one of the coping mechanisms.

One of my favorite jokes about tornados was told to me by a lady who had recently lost her home to a tornado. Her delivery of that joke got a belly laugh by everyone who heard it.

I'm washing my hands way more. Trying to distance from co workers... but I'm still going to joke about the run on toilet paper.

^^^ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

As I noted above, to me the real zombies are the ones reacting to the media hype, not the ones who are succumbing to the disease.
n2s

+1 :thumbsup: Prayers sent your way, regarding your battle against the "c."

^ :thumbsup: Awesome post!
I'll be heading up to Big Sur soon! :)

Its a strange, new, and scary world. Just remember, death is still the number one killer in the world today. There are many more things that people die from annually in the US and world-wide beside Covid-19, just google leading causes of death.

This is a frightening time but we need distractions and humor.

^ Some people, are just soft wired to be, "pessimistic, scared, & dramatic." They just can't help themselves, & remain calm in times like these. :(

I just finished a busy, and understaffed shift in Detox. I thought I would read, and maybe even participate in what I thought was a lighthearted thread. But no. Instead I find my fellow forum members are mostly insulting each other.
People do relieve stress in different ways. I have 80+ parents, and a 8 month pregnant, daughter in law. We are all worried.
My work headache is coming back.

^ Nailed it! What else is new.

Let's try & end this thread on a positive uplifting note, by me contributing a few of my all-time favorite songs, in hopes of lifting the spirits, for the hopeless doomsday driven people here.

"Take it easy....take it easy....Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy....Lighten up while you still can don't even try to understand...Just find a place to make your stand.....TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!

^^^^ And you're welcome. :)

Tomorrow, I'll see if I can find a minute to take a couple of pictures of a couple of what I would consider, "Zombie" type blades....but most likely I'll be out "living life, catching a few waves..... :cool:

Last edited:
If COVID-19 people turn into zombies, as many people seem to think while they buy up guns and ammo, what knife would you have with you?

4e57cf81-e430-4d84-b78a-6aa1c9e0bce5.jpg
Fwiw though, "zombies" is not why people are buying up guns/ammo...

Complete market collapse leading to a melt down of our social infastructure followed by government grossly overreaching their control, maybe... but nobody serious is buying up guns/knives for "zombies"...

FWIW, I've never watched a second of any of those Walking Dead shows...nor do I play video games, or typically engage in any of this "Zombie Apocalypse childish behavior....regardless, I did find some the hypocrisy posted here, rather amusing.

^^^ :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup: Prayers sent your way, regarding your battle against the "c."

^ :thumbsup: Awesome post!
I'll be heading up to Big Sur soon! :)

^ Some people, are just soft wired to be, "pessimistic, scared, & dramatic." They just can't help themselves, & remain calm in times like these. :(

^ Nailed it! What else is new.

Let's try & end this thread on a positive uplifting note, by me contributing a few of my all-time favorite songs, in hopes of lifting the spirits, for the hopeless doomsday driven people here.

"Take it easy....take it easy....Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy....Lighten up while you still can don't even try to understand...Just find a place to make your stand.....TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!

^^^^ And you're welcome. :)

Tomorrow, I'll see if I can find a minute to take a couple of pictures of a couple of what I would consider, "Zombie" type blades....but most likely I'll be out "living life, catching a few waves..... :cool:

^^ Looking forward, to that, picture.

Finger's crossed THAT's its been used; ever.

Last edited:
Back