Best EDC

Every day I either have my frn dragonfly with my small olight or g10 dragonfly with my small Fenix. That goes in pocket loose. In addition, At the office during weekdays I rotate caly 3 CF zdp189 and caly 3.5 super blue. On weekends I rotate my m390 PM2, m4 manix 2, and GAyle Bradley. The digicam PM2 gets some love from time to time as well. You really can't go wrong with any of those.

I always carry the ZDP-189 Stretch 2, and often it's accompanied by the ZDP-189 Dragonfly 2. They make a really nice little pair together. If I'm carrying it, I'll usually pull out the Dragonfly first, but the Stretch is still nice to have as a bigger knife. Both great little slicers, the steel is wonderful, and I hardly know they're there.

I always carry the ZDP-189 Stretch 2, and often it's accompanied by the ZDP-189 Dragonfly 2. They make a really nice little pair together. If I'm carrying it, I'll usually pull out the Dragonfly first, but the Stretch is still nice to have as a bigger knife. Both great little slicers, the steel is wonderful, and I hardly know they're there.

HAH, my ZDP Stretch 2 is always in my pocket too. One thing I noticed is that there is a tiny bit of blade play. up down, and sight to side. Mostly on the side to side it looks like the FRN is flexing. Not sure if this is due to the design, or it's just a one off. It's been this way since I bought it two months ago. It hasn't bothered me enough to send it in, but I'm just curious if it's a one off?

just ordered the SB Caly 3 Sprint, so we'll see what happens. :)

My thoughts, exactly. While I carry a CF Balance every day, I generally have my 3.5 SB as well. I can see the 3 displacing it. Rumor has it Tuesday arrival.

Ken

HAH, my ZDP Stretch 2 is always in my pocket too. One thing I noticed is that there is a tiny bit of blade play. up down, and sight to side. Mostly on the side to side it looks like the FRN is flexing. Not sure if this is due to the design, or it's just a one off. It's been this way since I bought it two months ago. It hasn't bothered me enough to send it in, but I'm just curious if it's a one off?

I also find a little bit of blade play, and I have to way over-tighten the pivot to eliminate it completely. It doesn't bother me, and my Stretch has never failed me in a year of ownership and constant use.

I am a huge fan of the Spyderco Delica. I have a couple of 1st generation models that I carry sometimes but usually reach for one of my Delica 4's. I have the all stainless model as well as ffg model. Just great edc pocket knives imho. I also have a UK pen knife that makes a nice edc pocket knife, it is getting almost as much pocket time as my Delica's.
Jim

Caly 3.5 CF because it has the same blade length as para 2 with a smaller overall size, better steel than than any affordable ones and the CF doesn't tear up the pockets plus it has a good pocket clip.

UK pen knife - it has crisp walk & talk, cheap, lightweight, really like the deep ride wire clip. It's my beater.

Delica - Functions in the same capacity, but blade is slimmer, I keep it sharper, like it alot. It's a user.

PM2 - Big fan of the compression lock, keep it very sharp, sometimes you need a bigger blade than the Delica. It's EDC. If I had to grab one spydie, it's the one that will do it all for me.

This isn't a recommendation for an EDC knife, but rather on observation (I already posted my recommendation(s) on page 1 of this thread).

Yesterday was the first day in a few months that I didn't have a Para2 in my pocket... and man, it felt like I was missing a limb or something! :) Traveling (airlines) has a way of really messing up your EDC habits and yesterday was a 6hr on-and-off-airplane day. Ugh! Today promises no better as I didn't bring any of my Para2s (don't think they are even legal to carry where I am for the next couple days, so didn't bother). So it will be another Para2-less day. Did bring a couple of smaller el-cheapo Chinese knives to carry me thru so at least I have something... but man my pocket misses the Para2!!! Absence makes the heart grow fonder... as they say! :)

What spydercos would make the best ECD??? What are you carrying?

You'll get as many opinions as there are knives in the catalog. It really depends on your EDC use .
+1 Also it depends on your budget.
David,
you really surprised me going to Manix2 after carrying Para2.

Currently my EDCs: C83 Persian, Native5 (most used), G10 Caly3.5, G10 Caly3, Kopa Coco, Moki Glory.

Sak. Obviously!

I pocket the huntsman model over the slimmer alox range as I like a saw and the scissors.

Last edited:
I typically have a large and a small blade with me. One of my favorite combinations in the Manix 2 lightweight FRCP with a Delica 4. Also in my rotation are the Endura, Meerkat, Ambitious, and a UK Penknife that I just got today

Best preforming for a typical edc?
The tenacious line, delica, endura, stretch, paramilitary 2. Any FFG blade would do good for edc, since most edc involves slicing through something in my experience.

There are soooo many. Today I am carrying my Delica which is an awesome EDC knife. VG-10 is easily maintainable, it's a small but usable blade length. The FRN handles, while not pretty, are very functional and light. Here are a few of my other favorites:

Para 2
Sage Series
Techno

Well, you all coaxed me into my first BF post with this thread. I currently own only three Spyderco's, and two of 'em are in my front pockets at this very moment (although one of my Emerson's often is) - and they are a CF Sage I on the right side and an all black (haven't seen many) fully serated Police on my left. My CF Stretch ZDP-189 is the odd arachnid out at the moment.

Back