Best Flipper for a Woman?

I haven’t handled the Mantra but I’ve heard great things about it. Plus it comes in M4 which I really enjoy using and sharpening.

I’m not really sure what difference being a woman makes. Hand size and personal taste in my opinion would be more prudent information to help make a selection.

What’s your colleague in to? Do they work in an office, do yard work or construction, fish, etc?

Agreed.

I think that the purpose of the knife (what will it be used for?), the size/wt of the knife, the person's hand size and how it will be carried (pants/coat pocket and/or purse) matter more than gender.

Assuming you're thinking of a smaller/lighter knife for general use, the Mantra 3, Hanan or Positron would be good Spyder picks, as would a ZT0450CF or ZT0393.

My wife is flipper challenged. But, the one knife that I own that she has no problem flipping is the Reate Wave. She opened the box and flipped it out the very first time- even before I touched it! This is the first knife that she flipped before I told her that it was a flipper.

One that is the size it needs to be, to do the job it is intended for. Big enough to be easily handled. Not pink, unless that is the lady's preference.

If SD is on the table, then one that also can be had in a trainer version.

If its going to be purse carried, something with a low profile clip and lanyard hole would allow for easier finding. Otherwise for pocket carry, it needs to be able to handle a wide range of pocket sizes and positions, women's clothing tends to not work so well in the pocket department.

If she plans on pocket carry you need to keep it kinda small. Try and keep it at or under the 3 inch blade length. Women's pants come with minuscule front pockets where you can't fit your whole hand.
I bought my daughter a Kizer Gemini and my niece a Kizer Dukes. Both fit, but just barely.

I vote for a steelwill modus---medium size,nice blade and steel and flips very well.Also easy linerlock so it doesnt kill her to close it.

One that is the size it needs to be, to do the job it is intended for. Big enough to be easily handled. Not pink, unless that is the lady's preference.

If SD is on the table, then one that also can be had in a trainer version.

If its going to be purse carried, something with a low profile clip and lanyard hole would allow for easier finding. Otherwise for pocket carry, it needs to be able to handle a wide range of pocket sizes and positions, women's clothing tends to not work so well in the pocket department.

If she plans on pocket carry you need to keep it kinda small. Try and keep it at or under the 3 inch blade length. Women's pants come with minuscule front pockets where you can't fit your whole hand.
I bought my daughter a Kizer Gemini and my niece a Kizer Dukes. Both fit, but just barely.

I vote for a steelwill modus---medium size,nice blade and steel and flips very well.Also easy linerlock so it doesnt kill her to close it.

Excellent advice

Ethically, I couldn't buy her a ZT. If it cut her finger open, I would feel terrible.

I think the details of the zt lock failures are largely overstated. My girlfriend really likes fondling/flipping the 0450. All her fingers are still intact.

I have a modus, it’s a good knife, but the lock likes to wander across the lock face when a load is applied. As in the lockup is normally at 40%, but when you put force on the blade it goes to 90%+

If your colleague would potentially cut her fingers off with a zt due to a lack of lock strength, maybe a stronger lock design is in order. Mantra 3?

My wife's favorite knife of mine to grab is the Reate J.A.C.K. or Bark River Aurora. She likes the J.A.C.K. because its smooth and easy to flip.....her words. She's only 5 foot 1. I suppose any flipper with good action would do.
PS.....I'm not saying you should get her a Jack. Way too big unless she throws it in her purse.....and even then if the blade came open........!!! All I'm saying is get her something that's known to flip well. Zt, reate, we,....etc. She might like the WE wisp......they come in cool colors and the blade is .1" thick making for a very slicy knife she could also use in the kitchen. Lastly......check out JD Cutlery. He anodizes alot of ZT and REATE knives....makes them bling. She might dig that.

My wife's favorite knife of mine to grab is the Reate J.A.C.K. or Bark River Aurora. She likes the J.A.C.K. because its smooth and easy to flip.....her words. She's only 5 foot 1. I suppose any flipper with good action would do.
PS.....I'm not saying you should get her a Jack. Way too big unless she throws it in her purse.....and even then if the blade came open........!!! All I'm saying is get her something that's known to flip well. Zt, reate, we,....etc. She might like the WE wisp......they come in cool colors and the blade is .1" thick making for a very slicy knife she could also use in the kitchen. Lastly......check out JD Cutlery. He anodizes alot of ZT and REATE knives....makes them bling. She might dig that.

She is a keeper! Excellent taste!

Correct me if im wrong but now where in there does sal say his and hers.

Read Sal's response to Deacon's answer:

"Deacon's description is pretty accurate. I think that "one size does not fit all" so I tried to fill most of the market with two sizes."

Endura was made for men.
Delica was made for women.

Back