Best Flipper for a Woman?

I'm not a woman but if I were I bet I'd like the same types of knives I do now. So that said I'd like the flippers I have now, zt0560, zt0452, and zt0562. I know these aren't preferred by the op but have served me well. Might be on the large size for some people no matter gender.

Of course a lot of this revolves around personal choice. So without knowing what someone likes I think I would play it safe with one of the many offerings from Kershaw, likely a USA made unassisted model.

Edit to add: I also have a spartan pallas, zt909, and a Kershaw tremor as my other flippers but I don't consider them on the level of good flipping of what else I already mentioned.

Like I said, without knowing more about what a person likes you should play it safe with an inexpensive Kershaw.

Last edited:
He was looking for a slip joint to take on vacation. Naturally, I recommended a ZT.
Not true at all. He ended up taking a Kershaw injection which is a liner lock. And btw, while not a flipper, it is an incredible value you may want to look into for your friend. I have one and was blown away by what you get for the price. Even bought one for a friend who is really hard on knives.

I just got my first ZT, a 0450cf. I'm pretty pleased with it. It fits my tiny woman hand, and my feeble lady's fingers have no trouble flipping it.
Women typically have long fingers, oops didn't mean to give that info away.

Any cool knife will do. Only thing you really need to know is if she is left or right handed.

If I was buying a knife that cost a couple hundred bucks for someone where I work I'd probably know what they liked vs. asking a bunch of strangers who'd never seen the person for advice (and then ignoring most of the advice).

Fussing about whether some model is a "ladies" version or not is ludicrous.

So honestly what would I do if it was me? I'd take the person to the local knife store and let them handle the knives so they could pick out what suited them best.

timthumb.php

And it's on sale for only $28 bucks!

My wife loves knives too and even has her fair share, but she can still pick up any one of mine and use it proficiently and safely. Go MTM!

Yeah. I’m not big on the whole “knife for a lady” thing. About a year and a half or so ago, my wife got hold of my Manix2 in S110v with G10. That's the last time I ever had that knife in my pocket. That Manix or an OD green mini-Grip end up in her pocket a few times a week. Hardly knives that would be likely to come up in a “knife for a woman” thread.

Yeah. I’m not big on the whole “knife for a lady” thing. About a year and a half or so ago, my wife got hold of my Manix2 in S110v with G10. That's the last time I ever had that knife in my pocket. That Manix or an OD green mini-Grip end up in her pocket a few times a week. Hardly knives that would be likely to come up in a “knife for a woman” thread.
Shirley a wommin’s Kinfe should be purty to match her hair?! ;)

I think the same people ask for "knives for women" who are poring over the pink "guns for women" at the other end of the sporting goods store counter.

Shirley a wommin’s Kinfe should be purty to match her hair?! ;)

Perhaps with an integral eyelash curler so that women can reach their full potential....:rolleyes:

For the sarcasm impaired, please read as much of it as possible into this post. (As a guy who’s wife is more accomplished than I am.)

I would recommend a ZT 0450 or 0450CF, as I have owned both. Surprisingly strong little knives that never failed on me, including the time I once event stabbed one into a tree! Only sold because both were slightly too small for my hand. I would recommend to your colleague.

That's more than sufficient "cutsie" remarks.
Stay on topic.

You mean the Griptilian and the Mini-Grip aren't a his & hers pair?
Actually, a mini-grip is a pretty good knife for a woman co-worker. It's not a flipper, but one can open it without the thumbstud, and it's small-ish without being tiny.

Aside from the functional parts of knife, the rest has style. Handle materials, shapes, etc. And if there’s one thing Instagram has taught me, it’s that people pay for specific style. A functional knife costs, but a stylish one that’s also functional can cost a lot more.

As for women, my wife and her female friends definitely have a different sense of style from me and my male friends. We don’t wear the same clothes, and I wouldn’t expect us to make the same choices in style on any other personal accoutrement. To each their own.

I wouldn’t get any item involving style for a person unless I knew something about what they liked. It doesn’t generalize very well.

Back