Best Flipper for a Woman?

Enough trolling. Keep it focused on suggestions for a flipper knife for a lady.
OP does not like Zero Tolerance. Deal with it.
And the OP needs to stop with the stupid anti-ZT one liners. They are getting really old.

My wife has several. An 0450 small elegant, user friendly. A Conquest Tactical for SD but by far her favorite is a BRK micro Canadian. Discreet, beautiful and ready to go no flipping, fumbling.

Op needs help....

Ask an expert which knife. Don't guess.

Is there any lady users reading this?

What about a nice little Spyderco ladybug or Cat? If I wasn't such a incredible wizard that what I'd be looking at getting my girlfriend.

I would think that long nails would be a bigger problem with front flippers than regular flippers but I'm just guessing. But if she can tolerate spring-assisted flippers then a leek would be a natural choice, it will actually fit in girl "pockets" and even comes in colors including rainbow!

If assisted is out then a Mantra definitely comes to mind, plus the new version with c.f. scales looks pretty and the blade won't patina like m4 will.

Way more men are interested in knives than women, that’s just a fact. Because of that, making sure that a knife as a gift is something that she really would appreciate and really have use for becomes even more important.

Having that out of the way, how about a really good looking front flipper?:
https://www.bladehq.com/?search=front+flipper

The Atmos is a good flipper.:)

Y12RLL4.jpg

A price range and ideal size would help a lot. Flippers can be anywhere from the Rike Hummingbird to ZT 0452 in size and anywhere from the Kershaw Chill to the Medford Gigantes in price. That said, I have small hands and prefer a smaller knife but love flippers, so I might be able to give some insight. For sheer bang for the buck, you can't beat the Artisan Cutlery Orthodox or Bestech Torpedo, and both come in some neat color patterns. Really, anything in the Artisan Cutlery or Bestech lineup is a solid choice. If you are looking more slim and high performance, there's the Civivi lineup from WE, their knives are really well received from being insanely thin behind the edge for the price point, while also not using super thick stock. I've personally been blown away by my Kizer Tangram Amarillo and Orion, for about $30 they are some of my favorite knives.

sal

Re: Where did the delica get it's name? Anyone know?

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 am

It was based on Delicate as the Endura was based on Endurance. I was impressed with the "Acura" name.

sal
Copy from site.
Read Sal's response to Deacon's answer:

"Deacon's description is pretty accurate. I think that "one size does not fit all" so I tried to fill most of the market with two sizes."

Endura was made for men.
Delica was made for women.

Nowhere does it say the Endura was made for a man and the Delica made for a woman.

All Sal said is that they are two different sizes since one size does not fit all. But your assumption that being two sizes means the smaller one was designed for a woman is reading something into it that just plain isn’t there.

Many men carry a Delica every day and it is among the most commonly recommended EDC knives regardless of gender.

Nowhere does it say the Endura was made for a man and the Delica made for a woman.

All Sal said is that they are two different sizes since one size does not fit all. But your assumption that being two sizes means the smaller one was designed for a woman is reading something into it that just plain isn’t there.

Many men carry a Delica every day and it is among the most commonly recommended EDC knives regardless of gender.

Did you not read the post Sal was responding to? I can't do everything for you.

The “Endura/Delica, Gentlemen’s/Ladies’ knife” issue sounds like a quest better pursued at the Spyderco forum.

Did you not read the post Sal was responding to? I can't do everything for you.

First of all, there's no need to take a tone. Nobody's being harsh with you, so just take it easy.

Second, here is the quote Sal was responding to:

IIRC, the Endura and Delica were Sal's first attempt at a "his and hers" knife pair. The Renegade and Blackhawk were the second, and aimed specifically at bikers and their "old ladys". Endura implied strength, Delica delicateness.

To which Sal responds:
Deacon's description is pretty accurate. I think that "one size does not fit all" so I tried to fill most of the market with two sizes.

sal

I get it. I think what you're saying is totally reasonable given the quote and would be a completely plausible interpretation of that. I'll point out though, that you're quoting some guy named Deacon, not Sal directly, and that Sal described Deacon's quote as "pretty accurate." Not perfect, not spot on, but pretty accurate. He then qualifies by making the remark that one size does not fit all so he made two sizes. Sal doesn't ever directly say that the Delica is specifically designed for women. That said, one can read between the lines and come to the conclusion you did without being way off base. But that's as close as we get.

I recently bought and returned a Quiet Carry IQ. It’s a really well made tiny flipper (similar size to a GEC 15) but just wasn’t for me in the end. For small hands I could see it being a great choice, and it comes in Elmax now, too.

First of all, there's no need to take a tone. Nobody's being harsh with you, so just take it easy.

Second, here is the quote Sal was responding to:

To which Sal responds:

I get it. I think what you're saying is totally reasonable given the quote and would be a completely plausible interpretation of that. I'll point out though, that you're quoting some guy named Deacon, not Sal directly, and that Sal described Deacon's quote as "pretty accurate." Not perfect, not spot on, but pretty accurate. He then qualifies by making the remark that one size does not fit all so he made two sizes. Sal doesn't ever directly say that the Delica is specifically designed for women. That said, one can read between the lines and come to the conclusion you did without being way off base. But that's as close as we get.

Knives aren't really a gender specific tool. I don't know why it matters whether it's for a male or a female? When you start reading between the lines, you can come up with basically any conclusion that you want.

Back