Best sword for zombie Apocalypse?

For Zombies this'd be my trio right here...

The riot shield on this guys arm...
412373640.jpg

Cold Steel boar spear...
412373639.jpg

Estwing large geologist hammer...
412373638.jpg

I would never not pick INFI just in case

DSC_0213.jpg~original

Hognose%20War%20Sword_zps4sdpo9hv.jpg

Winkler and Zombie Tools also have some sick stuff.

However all these "tactical tomahawk" and "breaching tomahawks" are surprisingly short and small.

S-cyg.jpg

Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works "Cygnus". 20" blade. 30" overall. 5160 steel. 1/4 inch stock.

They tend to run their 5160 harder than most. Seems to me anyway. This is @ 58. They have been doing 5160 for a long time and I really like it.

Well its more machete than sword.. I call it the zombie chopper... And being 1/4" thick and 24" OAL its really too heavy to swing a lot. 5160 with good hardness.
20150915_192837_resized by rapt_up, on Flickr

I use a machete regularly and find this tool to be too big and heavy with steady use. Cuts deep when I'm fresh, but I get tired and control and speed suffer, resulting in worse cutting performance than my thin cheap light Ontario 20" machete.

Durability is a moot point I think. My Dad used the same Ontario Machete for more than 40 years, he had to get a new one, not because the old one broke, but because he lost it. I have had and used mine for 25 years without any sign of it being near the end of its life. I can't imagine how you could break it chopping zombies.

Last edited:

412373640.jpg

Ohhhh!, I could see having one of those handy just for zombies!

any information on the shield? any guess as to what its called, who makes it, or more importantly, where to get one?

Ohhhh!, I could see having one of those handy just for zombies!

any information on the shield? any guess as to what its called, who makes it, or more importantly, where to get one?

Spending a minute with Google Images turns up that it is the Monadnock Impactor Fighting Shield, priced in the $160-$190 range.

412373640.jpg

It's just molded plastic, that fiddler crab shield would get savaged to pieces by any good sword. The helmet cage is also a really bad idea imo, easy to grab.

Now that tactical bulletproof codpiece, that's a winner, a must-have during any zombie offensive. Possibly the most important piece of defensive gear imaginable! :D

Meh.

Zombies would get totally stomped in a face off with any organized force and it wouldn't be with swords. Zombies don't get siege engines so pretty much every moderately secure building would be just fine.

The mopping up would be comical. It would be guys running up and down spillways in armored bulldozers and then retreating into walled safe zones until it was time to do it again. But I guess that would be bad television. :p

Swordwise I imagine a long gauntlet sword would work well. Like the indian pata. Pair it with a shield and some solid chain link fence and you are good to go. :D

[video=youtube;3qL4aQkRpdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qL4aQkRpdE&app=desktop[/video]It's not a sword, but here's me reviewing my favorite zombie-head smasher...

The Cold Steel Viking axe. I can also recommend the sword-shaped machetes as great beaters.

Last edited:
Meh.

Zombies would get totally stomped in a face off with any organized force and it wouldn't be with swords. Zombies don't get siege engines so pretty much every moderately secure building would be just fine.

What if we're talking about demon zombies? I saw Army of Darkness they had siege engines and crossbows. We'd need the Deathcoaster for them.

I see Condor has a Gladius coming out real soon- that may well be worth a look. I have their combat machete and it is a fun and rugged tool.

Maybe that will help stop me from looking at the Xiphos from Zombie Tools which is posted earlier...I love the looks of that one! :eek:

Back