Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

You may count me among the enlightened.

Yep, but I like a big bull for a long night:

puwhlQy.jpg

That 101 was my first bourbon back in the '70s, and it's still my favorite.

I so agree:

vqM6TuT.jpg

But tonight, I'm sliding back onto the Porch with something milder for a post grass mowing session:

wVW2c3b.jpg

- Stuart

Yep, but I like a big bull for a long night:

puwhlQy.jpg

I so agree:

vqM6TuT.jpg

But tonight, I'm sliding back onto the Porch with something milder for a post grass mowing session:

wVW2c3b.jpg

- Stuart
My first experience with Wild Turkey sure was a wild one. Went to dinner with my head college football coach. He proceeded to shoot 4 or 5 shots of Wild Turkey, no problem. Then he recruited the crap out of me and I ended up committing to go to his school. LOL!

No accounting for taste, Gary. I know Bud is not on the same level as Sam Adams, for example, but I've been drinking it off and on for over 40 years. It's been consistent, unlike Lone Star Beer, which changed when the San Antonio brewery closed. It's made somewhere else now and tastes nothing like it used to. But I like the rice adjunct in Budweiser. It gives it a crisp, clean taste "you will find in no other beer at any price." ;) And the Beechwood aging! Had three at the ballgame last Sunday and loved them. Never cared for Pabst.
That's so true in so many aspects of life, Vince! I'm glad we don't all like the same beer, or food, or knives, or cars, or dogs, or sports, or music, or women, or movies, or ... But how the differences arise is pretty mysterious to me.

- GT

That's so true in so many aspects of life, Vince! I'm glad we don't all like the same beer, or food, or knives, or cars, or dogs, or sports, or music, or women, or movies, or ... But how the differences arise is pretty mysterious to me.

- GT
I know a guy from Michigan who doesn't like baseball, football, hockey, basketball, soccer, etc. His sport: roller derby! Now THAT'S mysterious to me!

Beverage & knife content:
R1dFw7z.jpg

I know a guy from Michigan who doesn't like baseball, football, hockey, basketball, soccer, etc. His sport: roller derby! Now THAT'S mysterious to me!
Roller Derby??
M8Hepc3.jpg

I have a niece-in-law who's on an amateur roller derby team in a Midwestern league of some kind. We went to one of their matches when she gave us comp tickets about 3 years ago. It was actually pretty interesting, but not something I'd attend on a regular basis.

Finished my last can of this IPA. I'm not an IPA fan, but I usually keep some around for guests, and have a can myself now and then. A 15-pack usually lasts me 2 or 3 months.
lambsfoot.UJ.mark.centennialIPA.jpg

- GT

I like it! :thumbsup::) It does not taste at all like (my memory of) BudRICER, which 45 years ago was one of two American lagers that I thought I could distinguish from other American lagers. (I thought they all tasted the same back then, so I'd buy whatever was cheapest. The exceptions in my mind were Budweiser, with an identifiably bad taste, and Pabst Blue Ribbon, with an identifiably good taste.) The Bud Discovery Reserve reminds me of Killian's, which is perhaps my favorite lager.

- GT

Hey GT :thumbsup:

It too reminded me of Killian's (which I love :D) and is nothing like BalsaWoodWeiser! :p

Glad you like it! :)

- Del

Back