Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Serendipity is lifting a balled-up piece of paper in a lonely box in the basement and finding a Miller Bros. USA (1863-1926) Sheffield pattern lobster, and finding a half of lime for a vodka tonic (and having tonic), and finding some lime color compatible Reese's mini-cups. What a night!!

UDqeBGf.jpg

NOTE: No mini-cups were consumed without proper honor given.
- Stuart

Serendipity is lifting a balled-up piece of paper in a lonely box in the basement and finding a Miller Bros. USA (1863-1926) Sheffield pattern lobster, and finding a half of lime for a vodka tonic (and having tonic), and finding some lime color compatible Reese's mini-cups. What a night!!

UDqeBGf.jpg

NOTE: No mini-cups were consumed without proper honor given.
- Stuart
Very nice, Stuart. Beautiful knife.
Tito's is one of my favorite vodkas--not because it's from Texas, but because it tastes great.

Perhaps thou art in Elysium... :cool:

One of my all time favorite beers, Taylor. Nice knives, too.

Had a pint of Stone IPA with lunch :) :thumbsup:

I'm impressed that there's Stone on draught across the pond, Jack. The lunch looks delightfully tasty, as do the Hartsheads (but aren't they a bit young to be pubbing?).

Didn't have vermouth, although the olives are "marinated with dry vermouth." A couple of my sons gifted me with the Tanqueray, so I felt compelled to make a martini. Or two.
Cheers!

Your picture made me smile (you know that yesterday, June 19th, was National Martini Day, right?). My wife gave me a sofa pillow that reads:" One Martini, Two Martini, Three Martini, Floor." I'm a Beefeater guy, but I'm ecumenical on this point. I am unanimous in my belief that a Martini is "gin only". Vodka, which I like, too, makes fine drinks, but they aren't Martinis.

Very nice, Stuart. Beautiful knife.
Tito's is one of my favorite vodkas--not because it's from Texas, but because it tastes great.

It is a fine vodka, and I took some to my late father, who was raised in Austin, when I visited him several years ago for his 94th birthday. He said, "I do't want any presents, but vodka's not really a present. It's like water, a necessity."

Perhaps thou art in Elysium... :cool:

I was that night, Dwight.
- Stuart

Your picture made me smile (you know that yesterday, June 19th, was National Martini Day, right?). My wife gave me a sofa pillow that reads:" One Martini, Two Martini, Three Martini, Floor." I'm a Beefeater guy, but I'm ecumenical on this point. I am unanimous in my belief that a Martini is "gin only". Vodka, which I like, too, makes fine drinks, but they aren't Martinis.
I've been celebrating National Martini Week! Bought some Noilly Prat so I could have a proper martini. Beefeater is my second favourite.
I usually drink vodka on the rocks. Occasionally with OJ.
Now I'm thirsty, and it's only lunchtime!

I'm impressed that there's Stone on draught across the pond, Jack. The lunch looks delightfully tasty, as do the Hartsheads (but aren't they a bit young to be pubbing?).

Widely available here Stuart, though we probably pay more for it! :eek: Thanks buddy, I told the Barlow boys we were going into a restaurant :rolleyes: Well, it had food ;) :D :thumbsup:

Mason jar Lager company's IPL ( Indian pale lager). Wait what.....?:(
E1jrEuM.jpg

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, however nice hoppy flavor and lighter than a traditional lager.
Cheers

I celebrated finding a couple of elders in my pile of boxes, but I waited too late to take a pic, so they are not so clear in this posting. An Aerial senator pen (1912-1944) in red/black striped celluloid and a Schatt & Morgan sleeveboard jack (1902-1928) in pink/green marble celluloid. Go to post #143721 at https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ya-totin-today.547127/page-7187#post-19082010 to see them more clearly. No Martini mist there.

Z4kF18R.jpg

- Stuart

As George Jones would sing, Del - a good year for the roses.

Old photo, but I had one of these Bud Discovery Reserve red lagers with my supper tonight! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
View attachment 1148271

- GT

I like those handled jars with the threaded tops, as you can screw on a cap when you hop in the boat/truck and not worry about spillage.

Stately Queen, Dwight. Model 22 Drake Well (1922-1972) series, 1972?

Well, well, well. A Mr. Fancy Pants Martini. (Both drink and knife look chillingly fine, Vince.)

- Stuart

Last edited:
Well, well, well. A Mr. Fancy Pants Martini. (Both drink and knife look chillingly fine, Vince.)
Thanks, Stuart. I love Bombay, too. And the Sapphire. And Beefeater. And Plymouth. Probably won't buy Gordon's again, and Hendricks is weird (cucumber and rose petals???). Tanqueray is my go to.
Thrilled 'bout this knife.

Back