Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Thank you Stuart. 1922-1972 :) 50th anniversary

Yes, 1922-1972. My typo error (now corrected, along with another - too much 'tini?). 1972 was the first year since 1960 that Queen had a tang stamp, so my typo was a clumsy one. Wasn't the Drake Well, etched on the main blade, down on nearby Oil Creek where oil was first discovered in America? Fine photo, BTW.
- Stuart

Yes, 1922-1972. My typo error (now corrected, along with another - too much 'tini?). 1972 was the first year since 1960 that Queen had a tang stamp, so my typo was a clumsy one. Wasn't the Drake Well, etched on the main blade, down on nearby Oil Creek where oil was first discovered in America? Fine photo, BTW.
- Stuart
That's my understanding Stuart. And I believe Titusville celebrates yearly with a "Drake Well Festival" ?

My wife came home with some Chimay!
zu4nxsV.jpg

I've been MIA from this thread but still here. I'm going through the ringer at work and in personal life. So I've still been lurking and enjoying everyone's posts. I was able to score a bottle of 13 year Old Fitz in a decanter. These are going for spear point TC Barlow prices on the secondary. I'm onto the Blanton's now and have to put the Old Fitz away for special occasion. Pictured with 2 of my favorite knives.

k8b1AHf.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks JohnDF JohnDF and Fodderwing Fodderwing !

Shock_ Shock_ nice to see you here. I hope things get easier for you on all fronts soon. Congrats on your bourbon score! Those are some lovely knives you’ve shown with it.

Pàdruig Pàdruig , indeed! Looks like you’ve kicked off a weekend that you’ll enjoy.

That looks yummy, zolthar zolthar . tmd_87 tmd_87 certainly is an enthusiastic advocate of the style. I’ll admit to being swayed by his choices more than once. ;)

Today though, it’s all English influence:

DH1PZB5h.jpg

The senior member of my lambsfoot contingent welcomed the newest arrival over a pint of cask ale (*), this one featuring Mosaic hops rather than a traditional English variety. An enjoyable brew to be sure.

* – The growler was filled from the cask. I presume that still counts?

That's my understanding Stuart. And I believe Titusville celebrates yearly with a "Drake Well Festival" ?
I fly fish Oil Creek every spring when the Tan Caddis fly hatches occur. You can actually see oil slicks bubbling up from the water on the creek. Surprising that Trout can live so well in the water but they do! I use a Victorinox knife to clean the fish I keep (this are very few indeed because I'm a catch and release guy) for our fish fry. Say, do you know what the materials of construct for the Queen Drake Well knife are?

I fly fish Oil Creek every spring when the Tan Caddis fly hatches occur. You can actually see oil slicks bubbling up from the water on the creek. Surprising that Trout can live so well in the water but they do! I use a Victorinox knife to clean the fish I keep (this are very few indeed because I'm a catch and release guy) for our fish fry. Say, do you know what the materials of construct for the Queen Drake Well knife are?
Interesting stuff. No I'm sorry I do not know the steel. I saw that you posed the question a day or two ago in a post but didn't respond because I couldn't answer it.

Back