Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

First drink in a week. Indulging myself this evening.

NksSYyU.jpg
Kentucky and Canadian Rye with Port? Sounds interesting. Lovely knife.

Josh, if you're "different", then so am I! :D
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter was the first porter I ever had, and it changed my whole approach to beer! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'd gladly drink that winter, spring, summer, and fall (and breakfast, lunch, and supper). ;)

- GT
GT you have impeccable taste!

I dont think Ive ever tried a martini...
Although I bought a sandwich the other day and asked for cured ham...when it arrived I found the guy had put chicken on my sandwich...I took it back to the counter and said...wait for this one.....,,
"bacon not bird.."
Geez I laughed

I dont think Ive ever tried a martini...
Although I bought a sandwich the other day and asked for cured ham...when it arrived I found the guy had put chicken on my sandwich...I took it back to the counter and said...wait for this one.....,,
"bacon not bird.."
Geez I laughed
Well, I'm laughing too, Jon!

I think a lot of bartenders don't know how to make a proper martini. Usually get beer at bars/pubs--rarely get a proper serving of whisky, gin, vodka, etc. Need good gin, if course, and Tanqueray is the best. Noilly Prat is a good vermouth, but Martini & Rossi will do. Use dry vermouth. I use it sparingly, maybe 3 ounces of gin to half an ounce of vermouth. Some like more or less vermouth. Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker (some like to stir, but I don't think shaking "bruises" the gin, as some claim). Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a large olive. Or three. Some prefer a twist of lemon, but I love my brine!

Back