Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Just got back from a mini-vacation of camping, mountain biking and beer drinking. I now have approximately, 2,346 mosquito, blackfly, horsefly and deerfly bites on my body. But the beer keeps the itching under control.

LyFjXMih.jpg

3v8klFUh.jpg

pFpC8hah.jpg
Do you rub the beer on the bites?

Lunch.
169bsjK.jpg

Guess I don't really NEED a knife for this meal. I COULD have spread the mustard and scooped the relish with the spey blade (used a butter knife and a spoon), and I COULD have cut the onions with the clip (used a chef's knife).

The beer is Budweiser's "Discovery Reserve," brought out for the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing on July 20, 1969. It's OK, but I prefer the regular Bud.

Fifty years already.
Mom and Dad made us sit for hours and watch a model of the LEM sitting there doing nothing, because it was history happening.
xrwLErv.jpg

I buy English teapots when I see them cheap, because I don't think England makes china anymore. This little beauty was under $5, with the 20% off.

Fifty years already.
Mom and Dad made us sit for hours and watch a model of the LEM sitting there doing nothing, because it was history happening.
xrwLErv.jpg

I buy English teapots when I see them cheap, because I don't think England makes china anymore. This little beauty was under $5, with the 20% off.
I've got plenty of Blue Willow china made in England. But my favourite china is from Japan.

I usually balk at this SAK being considered traditional because of the OHO hole in the blade, but a trad mod says it passes muster as it is more like a Scagel Hole and less like a Spyderco. Well, here 'tis. Former GAK, now with red scales and scale tools a Trekker, posing with beer and Breitling.

1FTid7J.jpg

Zieg

Back