1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Alnamvet68, Sep 9, 2015.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Cambertree, jwb01, CelloDan and 12 others like this.
  2. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, Jack!

Speaking of Rogue....

Having one of my favorites of theirs tonight.

[​IMG]

jwb01, Jack Black, TheFactor and 8 others like this.
  3. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    Another Swiss day: Swiss knife, Swiss watch. On the farm and at clinics and with clients I'm surrounded by screws that need tightening, splinters that need extracting, bales that need opening, leather that needs punching, and beers that need cracking. So I'm taking along a tool that can do it all. I even use the large screwdriver/bottle opener as a hoofpick in a pinch. And now I'm home and settling down with a beverage.

And the Swiss watch is an essential tool for work, too. Many things to keep track of.

[​IMG]

Zieg

jacksterp, jwb01, Cambertree and 5 others like this.
  4. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

Espresso Tonic.

No, I didn't make this up. Yesterday I met up with a friend at a fancy coffee and this was on the menu. Intrigued, I ordered it. It was actually really good, so I attempted to recreate it at home today: tonic water poured over ice and topped with a double shot of espresso.

They were able to get it to layer with the coffee on top and tonic on bottom, which looked really cool. It didn't work out that way for me, though. But, it still tasted good and my failure will be an excuse to try again some time. ;)

5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Found these on my trip...
    [​IMG]

The knife I was carrying...
    [​IMG]

Ramrodmb, jwb01, Jack Black and 8 others like this.
  6. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    My Alox has been doing a fine job, even opened a bottle of wine with the can opener last night. Tonight I decided to post as this is the first “craft beer” it has opened in Italy...a Skiara made in nearby La Spezia.

upload_2019-7-19_20-30-35.jpeg

Ramrodmb, CelloDan, jwb01 and 12 others like this.
  7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    How do you open a bottle of wine with a can opener? I generally use a corkscrew.

Jack Black likes this.
  8. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    My Alox doesn’t have a cork screw (does any Alox?)...so you make due with what you have. Jam the can opener into the cork, put can opener at what would be a half stop (odd, the cap lifter has a half stop but can opener doesn’t), and then turn slowly and pull. Puts a lot of torque on that poor can opener but all seemed fine once I completed task.

Ramrodmb, CelloDan, zolthar and 2 others like this.
  9. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Moved on to an IPA from La Spezia...beautiful view to share with my cohorts on Bladeforums...the Ligurian Sea at around 9:00 pm. upload_2019-7-19_21-7-14.jpeg

10. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks! Don't know if I'll ever have to resort to that. I keep a corkscrew in my vehicle (not to drink in the car, but in case I travel out of town), and one in my suitcase. And I have a few at home, of course.

Jack Black and WhittlinAway like this.
  11. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    D59E688E-7A4E-46BB-BD20-FCF9521799F7.jpeg

Cambertree, Ramrodmb, jwb01 and 9 others like this.
  12. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Cheers and Happy Friday my Blade Brothers and Sisters :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Fodderwing, Ramrodmb, jwb01 and 8 others like this.
  13. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

14. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
  15. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    It was an impromptu purchase of wine, on way up to a plaza with a view (corkscrew back at accommodations). I figured if it didn’t work, I could just push the cork into bottle.

16. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    I’ve been typically drinking Moretti and Peroni beers...a Moretti again this early afternoon. upload_2019-7-20_12-54-57.jpeg .

17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Both excellent. What a view!

18. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Great picture! Where was it taken?
    I do like Peroni and Moretti beers. They always taste better when I'm drinking them in Italy. Piazza del Campo in Siena.
    [​IMG]
    I had the Pinched Peanut with me in the previous pic also. This Pic not taken in Italy. Brooklyn Brewery brews a pretty tasty beer too.
    [​IMG]

Fodderwing, Ramrodmb, jwb01 and 10 others like this.
  19. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Manarola (Cinque Terre) upload_2019-7-20_22-9-29.jpeg

20. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Fodderwing, Pàdruig, Dschal and 7 others like this.