Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Great picture! Where was it taken?
I do like Peroni and Moretti beers. They always taste better when I'm drinking them in Italy. Piazza del Campo in Siena.
pt4ccOE.jpg

I had the Pinched Peanut with me in the previous pic also. This Pic not taken in Italy. Brooklyn Brewery brews a pretty tasty beer too.
ibOp5Ka.jpg

Peregrin, what can you tell me about the lack of songbirds in Italy? Plenty of gulls, swallows, and crow-like birds but a nearly complete absence of songbirds.

Markeologist Markeologist politely suggest best not go there - Italy and Malta is a sad, sad hotbed situation of disgusting poaching (netting and liming) of songbirds..........being going on for years, they call it a ‘tradition’ :thumbsdown::(

Peregrin, what can you tell me about the lack of songbirds in Italy? Plenty of gulls, swallows, and crow-like birds but a nearly complete absence of songbirds.

Markeologist Markeologist politely suggest best not go there - Italy and Malta is a sad, sad hotbed situation of disgusting poaching (netting and liming) of songbirds..........being going on for years, they call it a ‘tradition’ :thumbsdown::(
As Paul stated, this is a big problem in Italy and Malta. A Google search will return a number of articles on the subject. This isn't the place for that discussion though.

Maybe tea-strainers were for effete aesthetes.

I have the idea that Grampa called the tea-leaves that got into the cup "tiddlers". He was East Acton born and raised. Must go back to pre-teabag days, I suppose. He was in this country in time for a great depression in 1909 or so. (He wasn't impressed by 1929, having had it worse.)

I had one tall and one short Two-Hearted today. I needed to shock my metabolism into losing more weight faster. Anyway, Saturday is still but once a week.

Yeah, or maybe my dad was as tight as a camel's backside in a sandstorm :rolleyes:

'Tiddlers' is good :) :thumbsup:

Sorry for the slow reply Jer, been a mad week :eek:

Great picture! Where was it taken?
I do like Peroni and Moretti beers. They always taste better when I'm drinking them in Italy. Piazza del Campo in Siena.
pt4ccOE.jpg

I had the Pinched Peanut with me in the previous pic also. This Pic not taken in Italy. Brooklyn Brewery brews a pretty tasty beer too.
ibOp5Ka.jpg

Definitely Gary, I remember enjoying Peroni in Italy in the 70's. When it was introduced here 20 or so years later, it was very different o_O Great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

I picked this one up in a local brew-pub yesterday :) :thumbsup:

HOFZL1N.jpg

I had one Two-Hearted too many on Saturday. This abstemiousness has diminished my capacity, which is a good thing.
Back to the coffee, and here's a knife I'm getting excited about. This is the third time I've posted this picture this morning.
ZVg4V57.jpg

Brace yourselves for the sheath. You may have a hard time being polite about it, but it will hold the knife and not hold moisture.

bVSmH8a.jpg

Swiss watch tells Swiss knife to allow an American cocktail to get lined up! Lots of chores on the farm are mandating this SAK lately. Soon I'll get back to something really traditional. Until then, I throw myself to the mercy of the mods and the mob. (Hey, at least the watch is traditional!)

Zieg

Didn't know they sold in bottles Jack. That's useful to know...:D

On Friday just gone. A pint of 'Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild' 6%. Being admired in the 'Beacon Hotel' in the town of Sedgley in our West Midland's. The Beacon being the brewery tap for the Sarah Hughes brewery.:thumbsup:
etFJE6h.jpg

gkSRgMf.jpg

zUpc5Sz.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and report from a proper libation station, David. I really enjoyed the shared experience, albeit at a distance.

I had one Two-Hearted too many on Saturday.

I just sloooowly finished my last 12 pak of Two Hearted, Jer, with sadness. There is a fight between the owner of Bell's and the major beer distributor in northern Virginia, = no Bell's in Virginia. Sadness is widespread.

The week of 100-110° heat index days ended to day, so I took Miss Norma down to a local bistro for cornmeal-crusted fried oysters (with remoulade and slaw) and a spinach salad, with a heavy helping of a Beefeater Martini. The Vic Tinker kept the Martini at attention between "sips".

- Stuart

kIJBL7G.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and report from a proper libation station, David. I really enjoyed the shared experience, albeit at a distance.

The week of 100-110° heat index days ended to day, so I took Miss Norma down to a local bistro for cornmeal-crusted fried oysters (with remoulade and slaw) and a spinach salad, with a heavy helping of a Beefeater Martini. The Vic Tinker kept the Martini at attention between "sips".

- Stuart

kIJBL7G.jpg

Thanks Stuart! Glad you enjoyed it as much as I. :D
The pubs of the West Midlands are amongst the finest in England. It's the area to the west of the city of Birmingham, once known as the 'City of 1000 trades', and also one of the UK's most concentrated areas of mining. It was and still is a mostly working class area that has mostly escaped the scourge of gentrification. This has helped preserve the pubs in the area, and ensured the pubs are still not only still popular but affordable.
This is the bar of the Olde Swan that I visited before the Beacon Hotel. Home to Olde Swan brewery, the core of the pub has remained unchanged since 1863. Just how pubs used to be and many wish were still like.
h2jSUG6.jpg

ivZr2Rk.jpg

Thanks for looking. :):thumbsup:

Back