Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

One of my favorites! I like the Lambsfoot too! 😁 ;)
"""""""""""""""""""""""""
Just finished mowing the lawn, whacking the weeds, trimming bushes and hauling the trimmings.
Now I'm going to sit in my rocker, under the Magnolia, and enjoy this nice summer brew. Maybe whittle a bit too!
Cheers!
j7k49ky.jpg

Just regular old pork chops this time. Can’t find maull’s around here though
Sounds good, don’t forget, my offer still stands to send you some if you get too homesick! 😂
Just finished mowing the lawn, whacking the weeds, trimming bushes and hauling the trimmings.
Now I'm going to sit in my rocker, under the Magnolia, and enjoy this nice summer brew. Maybe whittle a bit too!
Cheers!
j7k49ky.jpg
That’s a really tasty beer Gary, and as JohnDF JohnDF pointed out to me, it’s perfect for around here.😊👍
Have you ever tried Leinenkugel Summer Shandy? Very similar and also very tasty.😊

Cheers!
j7k49ky.jpg
The alagash HQ is about 20 minutes from my house, ill snap a pic of my lambsfoot there next time im there! They have chairs and tables set up throughout the trees outside, its a cool place.

Have you ever tried Leinenkugel Summer Shandy? Very similar and also very tasty.😊
I've had Summer Shandys but not that one. I'll look for it!
The alagash HQ is about 20 minutes from my house, ill snap a pic of my lambsfoot there next time im there! They have chairs and tables set up throughout the trees outside, its a cool place.
I love Maine. An Air Force buddy of mine lives in York, and we get together at his place at least once a year. Been doing it for decades. We'll have to drive down to Portland and check it out.

Yup, there are. There is also whisk(e)y from Canada and Japan. There’s also range of American whiskey to explore beyond Bourbon. I like a variety of rye whiskeys (Bulleit Rye is my go-to mixer and also enjoyable straight; Jefferson's Reserve Rye and Whistle Pig are two favorite splurges at different price points) and Stranahan’s Colorado whiskey is also worth trying.

The world of whisk(e)y is just like those Bökers: a lot of variety to enjoy and contrast while still having enough similarity to be able to recognize them as all being part of the same family.
Hey Greg, thank you very much for the suggestion. This picture is about an hour old and I’m about halfway into this pour. While I still have my favorites, I think it’s safe to say that I will buy this again before this year comes to a close. A Single Malt Whiskey made in Colorado and cut with Rocky Mountain snow melt. I find that concept very attractive and as it turns out, I like the stuff too. A little bit spicy with some very pleasant flavors coming through.

I like to post this knife every now and then. It’s been about 3 years since I last posted it. Most of you folks have seen it but it’s my hope that a few newcomers might see it, recognize the ad from the pages of 1970’s Boy’s Life magazines, and take a journey back to their childhood days.

IMG_5962.JPGIMG_3308.JPG

Hey Greg, thank you very much for the suggestion. This picture is about an hour old and I’m about halfway into this pour. While I still have my favorites, I think it’s safe to say that I will buy this again before this year comes to a close. A Single Malt Whiskey made in Colorado and cut with Rocky Mountain snow melt. I find that concept very attractive and as it turns out, I like the stuff too. A little bit spicy with some very pleasant flavors coming through.

I like to post this knife every now and then. It’s been about 3 years since I last posted it. Most of you folks have seen it but it’s my hope that a few newcomers might see it, recognize the ad from the pages of 1970’s Boy’s Life magazines, and take a journey back to their childhood days.

View attachment 1589400View attachment 1589401

So glad you're enjoying it! I'm planning to pick up a bottle soon, too. Two of my friends and I go on a backpacking trip every summer and each of us brings along some whiskey to share. After my reply to you, I was thinking Stranahan's should be my pick for this year.

I remember those ads! They were still around in the 80s.

Fantastic 86 Jiki, I love that pattern. The beer looks interesting too, what is the IBU rating?
Todd
That's a good question I can not find it on the can. It's a nice solid IPA, high on the citrus end of the spectrum. Mother Earth is one of those breweries that gets almost everything right. It's not much of a gamble trying something new from them.

Back