Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Good things come in such lovely packages...

We won't be opening presents until tomorrow evening as we wait for my daughter to finish her shift (Psychiatric Nurse). Then the 54 will be in high demand!

O

rLIRQ9Bl.jpg

Thanks, SAK Guy! :)
I'm really grateful that my knife didn't go the way of so many of my childhood possessions. I think I must have realized that a tool I used multiple times literally every day for 8-10 years growing up on the farm was worth hanging onto even after I "left home." (I wish my current life gave me half as many opportunities to use the many knives I now have.)

- GT

We can only be so lucky

Not a very special beer, but nonetheless it's my favourite!
Regards, Daniel

Last edited:
This is a German beer I discovered while visiting my daughter in Spain a year ago. At the risk of offending our Spanish members, I found it very much preferable to the Spanish beers to which I had access! My daughter has come home for the holidays this year, and she brought me 4 bottles of the Paulaner Salvator. Wonderful gift, since the closest US source I can find is almost 300 miles from my house, and I have no intention of making a 600 mile round trip beer run!! The wood carving is also a gift from the daughter, who bought it in Germany a few years ago. The knife is a 2-bladed Imperial toothpick like the one carried by one of my grandfathers when I was a kid. The Imperial is a lightsaber! (We saw the new Star Wars movie yesterday.)
03KGQdil.jpg

- GT

This is a German beer I discovered while visiting my daughter in Spain a year ago. At the risk of offending our Spanish members, I found it very much preferable to the Spanish beers to which I had access! My daughter has come home for the holidays this year, and she brought me 4 bottles of the Paulaner Salvator. Wonderful gift, since the closest US source I can find is almost 300 miles from my house, and I have no intention of making a 600 mile round trip beer run!! The wood carving is also a gift from the daughter, who bought it in Germany a few years ago. The knife is a 2-bladed Imperial toothpick like the one carried by one of my grandfathers when I was a kid. The Imperial is a lightsaber! (We saw the new Star Wars movie yesterday.)
03KGQdil.jpg

- GT

Cool knife and good beer.....I'll leave it at that.

It's not early, but it feels early. More coffee is likely the solution. :) Happy new year, knife knuts!

JLEqgDJ.jpg

I love of all kinds of beer, like a glass (or bottle) of red wine every now and then, am quite fond of good whiskey, and have been known to drink my fair share of rum, tequila, and gin. I grew up on sweet tea, lemonade and Coke (where I'm from we call every soft drink "coke" -- "Hey, you want a coke?" "Sure." "What kind?" "Dr. Pepper.")

But sometimes, a nice glass of ice water is all you need. :D

8086B6A4-DC6E-41D7-9763-3D3272AC40FE.jpg

Back