Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Giraffe Bone

Votes: 35 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KellyGlanzer KellyGlanzer
Great pics of some beautiful knives. I voted for the rams horn but I think wood will win out unless your pics change some minds. Either way it’s possible Viper will see an increased market and offer replacement scales.

How bout some good ol yellow pine slabs? Its very sustainable, nobodys wants to poach it. The olive wood is probably also very sustainable, other than that I'd assume everything left on the list may be rare or vanishing or used too much :rolleyes:. I voted for some beautiful Giraffe bone.

All look to be great choices, but voted ram's horn. Seems right for this knife.

Im a cabinetmaker by trade and something to note. Amboyna Wood is not the same as Amboyna Burl. Amboyna Burl is Beautiful, The plain Wood is ok but not as nice. I'm not sure if thats a typo or not? i would be curious to know which option this is?

amboyna_wood_title2.jpg

Voted for Rams Horn, but like has been stated many times, I don't think that there's bad choice, except possibly the giraffe bone, depending on how it's sourced.
I'll probably get 2, no matter what the slabs are.

Im a cabinetmaker by trade and something to note. Amboyna Wood is not the same as Amboyna Burl. Amboyna Burl is Beautiful, The plain Wood is ok but not as nice. I'm not sure if thats a typo or not? i would be curious to know which option this is?

For something as small and relatively expensive as knife slabs, I can't imagine that it isn't burl, especially as their other knives appear to be burl. But it's always good to check.

.........aah, the fragrant and alluring Juniper - no better odour in the world - well, almost

Stabilized Juniper for knife scales would unfortunately lose its beautiful fragrance due to the chemicals used in stabilization.

Stabilized Juniper for knife scales would unfortunately lose its beautiful fragrance due to the chemicals used in stabilization.

......never seen a stabilised Juniper handle in m’ life - all stable, all as fragrant as ever ;)

It’s not just their olfactory qualities, they also have wonderful grain and aesthetics

I voted for giraffe, would be just as happy with ram’s horn. Ordinarily a cheapskate, I am willing to stand the expense on this one, as it could be a last chance for a self-indulgent splurge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back