BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

Can't get enough Spam pictures

mqpm6Il.jpg

a8ixAur.jpg

I decided early on this was one of the annuals I was going to carry. But I've been picking nits, and trying to get past the screws used in construction. My major complaint was the color; I'm very fond of white scales, yellow, not so much. The other issue I have is the lanyard hole is pretty small, I'm going to see what I can do with that or drill it out. But color I can fix easy. So I did.

From this:
LA6ThfG.jpg

s1HMYex.jpg

to this:
lbbH98O.jpg

dHoUQQ9.jpg

A little Potassium Permanganate and water, a little patience, rubbed it out, rubbed in some wax. Looks like this now:
XEBQxwi.jpg

Still got some wax in the screw holes, but that's gone now.

I decided early on this was one of the annuals I was going to carry. But I've been picking nits, and trying to get past the screws used in construction. My major complaint was the color; I'm very fond of white scales, yellow, not so much. The other issue I have is the lanyard hole is pretty small, I'm going to see what I can do with that or drill it out. But color I can fix easy. So I did.

From this:
LA6ThfG.jpg

s1HMYex.jpg

to this:
lbbH98O.jpg

dHoUQQ9.jpg

A little Potassium Permanganate and water, a little patience, rubbed it out, rubbed in some wax. Looks like this now:
XEBQxwi.jpg

That turned out very nice.

I have been using my forum knife a good bit since I got it and it still continues to impress me.
Did not think at all that I would warm up to a traditional with a bunch of screws in it.

Now I am considering something else from Viper or maybe a Lion Steel.

From this:
LA6ThfG.jpg

s1HMYex.jpg

to this:
lbbH98O.jpg

dHoUQQ9.jpg

XEBQxwi.jpg

That's a peach... Very nicely done :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

My wife brought the mail today and made my day :)
Thank you Mike and Charlie :thumbsup:

rMgRyX1.jpg

FuIj1RC.jpg
Beautiful!!!
I must admit when viewing all the pictures while waiting for mine and before acquiring my last Beauty. I first liked the darker covers but now even though I love them all for their own uniqueness. I may be a little Bias but now I love the blondes lol . They seem to have a translucency to them that is so beautiful :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Beautiful!!!
I must admit when viewing all the pictures while waiting for mine and before acquiring my last Beauty. I first liked the darker covers but now even though I love them all for their own uniqueness. I may be a little Bias but now I love the blondes lol . They seem to have a translucency to them that is so beautiful :thumbsup:

Congratulations on a very fine knife CelloDan CelloDan ! That is truly a blonde bombshell!

Thanks guys :)

At first I was hoping to get something like the mock up illustration of our knife that was presented to us.
When I opened the box and showed it to my daughter she was like :
" I like it :thumbsup: !!! " Then she told me how it looks so much better than the ones with different splotches of color :eek: :D

I am very happy with my blondie :)

I posted this in the what I’m carrying thread but it should be here too.

The Bladeforums 2020 Viper is everything I hoped for and more. It’s a drop smaller than ether the GEC or the RR, it’s a bit stouter than the GEC and way ahead of the RR in luxurious quality (if that makes any sense). The rounded back spring is a different touch. I like it. The closing snap is more muted. I chalk that up to the stop pin?150DCFA0-2381-4353-BC48-5996B5878C3C.jpeg E20E948B-B2EC-48D8-81DE-44CACF8535B1.jpeg F4F62C2C-FF11-411C-988D-551482D1C5E2.jpeg

I may need to loosen the main screw just a bit to ease the pull a notch.
What's the name and size of the tool / bit that fits this screw so I can purchase it ?
TY

I'm pretty sure they are "Torx" head screws. The wrenches come in numbered sizes, but I'm not sure what this one is. If I was to guess, I'd say about a 5 or 6. It looks quite a bit smaller than a 10. I'm sure someone knows exactly what the correct size is.

EDIT: I found my torx set. These are a size T8 Torx

I'm pretty sure they are "Torx" head screws. The wrenches come in numbered sizes, but I'm not sure what this one is. If I was to guess, I'd say about a 5 or 6. It looks quite a bit smaller than a 10. I'm sure someone knows exactly what the correct size is.

EDIT: I found my torx set. These are a size T8 Torx

Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

I may need to loosen the main screw just a bit to ease the pull a notch.
What's the name and size of the tool / bit that fits this screw so I can purchase it ?
TY

Dan, It's a Torx T-9 and you will need 2 of them. One for each side.:thumbsup:

Back