BHQ Excl. Lum Tanto?

Nowhere really. I just got a hint of "o sir please get back into your car, you aren't trained to operate the gas pump, leave it to a professional".
naw...just a discussion. no disrespect meant.

Well mine's here, go to pickup in a few hours. I guess the CBSA decided they'd rather get $45 from me instead of seize the knife.

Fingers crossed it's a good one. From the happy vs. sad spread I am feeling positive waves.
good luck....hopefully ya get a great one.

Well mine's here, go to pickup in a few hours. I guess the CBSA decided they'd rather get $45 from me instead of seize the knife.

Fingers crossed it's a good one. From the happy vs. sad spread I am feeling positive waves.

If not perfect, hopefully one which you'll be able to improve on by tuning it up a bit. A wonderful knife if it works out to be either a very good unit by the luck of draw or at worst a manageable one. Good luck.

OK its a 12 out of 10. Perfect centering to my eyes and excellent action. I can thumb flick it no problems.

Pics to follow when I get a patina going. And for anyone who's keeping score it was in bubble wrap & the border folks did not open the box.

OK its a 12 out of 10. Perfect centering to my eyes and excellent action. I can thumb flick it no problems.

Pics to follow when I get a patina going. And for anyone who's keeping score it was in bubble wrap & the border folks did not open the box.

If you can easily thumb flick it right outta the box, you received a much smoother one than the one which I kept anyway. in addition mine was a bit off center but I tend to like 'em a bit ugly :p

If you can easily thumb flick it right outta the box, you received a much smoother one than the one which I kept anyway. in addition mine was a bit off center but I tend to like 'em a bit ugly :p
It's not as easy to flick as my PPT, Yojimbo or PM2 but I thing that's more down to the geometry of the blade, pivot, and hole.

In any case mine is 100% of the quality I'm used to from Spyderco and I'm super happy as reading about the duds as mine was on it's way up here did cause some apprehension.

It's not as easy to flick as my PPT, Yojimbo or PM2 but I thing that's more down to the geometry of the blade, pivot, and hole.

In any case mine is 100% of the quality I'm used to from Spyderco and I'm super happy as reading about the duds as mine was on it's way up here did cause some apprehension.

All irrefutable :) Mine smoothed out very, very nicely as I kept fidgeting with and carrying it. That darn blade is sooo sharp, being one of my sharpest ever outta box.

Yeah you better believe mine's going back...
29244526_10108067162513476_2308093576371765248_n.jpg

Reactions: P2P
That looks like the one I received. Bladehq was great with the return though! They even paid return shipping! I will definitely buy from them again with confidence!

I've waited years for this knife to come back out, but I couldn't pull the trigger based on the steel used or the G10. I don't want to see the liners through the jade G10, and just wanted S30 or S35VN. Saw them back up on BHQ today, but I'm guessing those are the returns. Could have been a killer release with the right materials. Sorry to see happen as I'm a huge Spyderco fan. I hope they try to run this model again just with different materials.

At 3:10 PM Pacific Day Time, showed the "add to cart" feature to be active. I agree with others that these are the returns but that doesn't mean that they are all bad and way off. Hopefully, BHQ is just checking them out to pull the really bad ones to settle those up with Spyderco.

If you really want one and can get one from BHQ, I would not hesitate. I already have one and waited a long time for spyderco to run a batch. I'm not a fan of the scale color, but it is not a deal-breaker and the steel is excellent. But with the comments about these being returns - I think if you want one, get one, the risk is low. Hope BHQ checked them out and at worst, spyderco will take care of fixable problems (or BHQ should not have put them out).

My Lum’s blade practically touches the liner. In a call to Spyderco, they were firm is saying there is no fix for centering. The only recourse for that specific issue is a coupon or return to BladeHQ. I have no issue with that. It’s fair. The only safe way would be to call and have them check, and by that time, it would likely be sold out. I’m keeping my Lum, because despite the off centering, it’s so damn nice, and the action is silky smooth.

Back