BigBiscuit

I never knew him personally, but anyone who hangs out on the Porch knows of him. Everyone he touched here through a conversation, photos, knife buying/selling, gifts, kind words, etc. will all be better off in life for having interacted with Bob. We all take a small piece of his legacy with us, and hopefully spread that on to others in time.

I'll get around to posting the last knife I traded with Bob for... I think it would be fitting to keep this thread alive. Many prayers sent to Bob's family from up here in North Dakota. I think Bob must have been touched by all the kind things that were said about him by members of the porch... The porch is a special place and it lost a very kind and good man. Rest in peace BigBiscuit.

It's strange how the passing of someone who one never met can strike as so sad. To me, Bob exuded humour and warmth. He was welcoming. Long ago, I posted a picture of a traditional next to a squid jig. Quick as a flash, a flurry of PMs from Bob ensued about fishing and the one that got away. You will not be forgotten. I can't help but feel a little corner of the Porch has been irretrievably wrested from its foundation. Heartfelt condolences to Bob's family and to those on the forum who knew him personally. R.I.P. MJ.

Here's one of my favorite knives I've ever done. I got it in pieces from another member some time back and set it aside. When Bob started to get a little worse, I rebuilt it with some killer gnarly stag, and sent it to him as a gift. I did have one condition, that he not hesitate if he needed to sell it for funds. He was tickled with it, but did eventually need to move it by sale. He felt bad, and msgd me about it, but I reminded him that was why I sent it to him in the first place. That's the kind of guy Bob was, always with concern for others, even with his own pain.

BB16 resize.jpg
BB17 resize.jpg

Be at peace and pain free my friend. Thank you for every kind word and piece of wisdom. You will be so greatly missed, now and always.
-Drew

Back