Blade Show 2016 Roll Call

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
Gold Member
I was looking at my calendar this morning and realized that Blade Show is only 9 weeks away from today! Last year was my first year attending but it was a fantastic time, and I hope to make all future Blades for years to come. For those of you not planning on attending, 9 weeks is plenty of time to come up with a plan and make it happen.

Ptman2000 and myself will be heading down from Maryland. Who else is going to be there this year?

I am hoping to, a few things are still up in the air (work) but I'm hoping they will work out

I'll likely be just making a day trip down from Nashville, but I'll be there.

After telling Jerry last year that I was probably at my last Blade Show, that the grind was wearing too much on my old body, my back has improved considerably and I plan to be there.

Until they change how they distribute the knives, I don't have a burning desire to attend. But good luck to all catching those cards, and hopefully they have some new models.

Last edited:
Last year was my first year and I plan on attending this year and every year from now on out.

Until they change how they distribute the knives, I don't have a burning desire to attend. But good luck to all catching those cards, and hopefully they have some new models.
Can you tell little more about how they distribute the knives ? Catching Cards ? I never been to a BS before, maybe this year.

Can you tell little more about how they distribute the knives ? Catching Cards ? I never been to a BS before, maybe this year.

I'll describe how it went last year and of course it could be different this year.:)

The first morning there is a covered table and the booth is chained off. When they say go it's a hog trough and you grab what you can.

After that settles they will announce when the first offering will be. There are multiple offering each day.

One of the crew will get up on the lift and show the offering. There could be three or twenty. It just depends. They spread the cards among them and toss them into the crowd. If you catch a card you have the right to buy that knife but don't don't have to pay for it until they say.

Sunday any unclaimed knives were offered in the final offering.

Anyone know where the Busse booth will be? According to the website, they will be in Booth 67 but there is supposed to be a new layout this year.

Is there a website showing the overall floor layout?

Last year was my first time and I spent too much time wandering around looking at stuff I wasn't really interested in.

Last edited:
There's a few things that I'm really excited about this year:
Obviously the Busse table, dinner, etc.
Checking out a Nathan Carothers knife in person.
Seeing Dan Keffler step up to the plate.
Should be a great first trip to Blade. :thumbup:

I'm right across the Georgia Alabama line. I'll try to be there . As it gets closer maybe if interested give me a shout I'll be there with my wife and 2 year old (should be interesting ) met a few people from here in the past and it's always a pleasure.

Maggie and I will be there Thursday afternoon. Staying at the Galleria.

DSC_6207.JPG

best

mqqn

It should be pointed out that other than when there is a special offering..."feeding frenzy"... there's always knives on the counter for sale.;):thumbup:

There's a few things that I'm really excited about this year:
Obviously the Busse table, dinner, etc.
Checking out a Nathan Carothers knife in person.
Seeing Dan Keffler step up to the plate.
Should be a great first trip to Blade. :thumbup:

If you come to the camping trip later this month I'll have one of Nathan's Shivs as well as one or two of his new light choppers there for you to check out and use if you would like. They are fantastic!

Back