Blade Show 2016 Roll Call

If you come to the camping trip later this month I'll have one of Nathan's Shivs as well as one or two of his new light choppers there for you to check out and use if you would like. They are fantastic!

That's great! I was actually just about to reply to your original thread about that, we move into the new place on the 15th, so I'm good to go for the trip :thumbup:

Can't believe how fast Blade is coming up. Guess I better get back to the grinding room.

Garth

Me and my gf will be making our first Blade this year. I can't wait. We're coming from Louisiana to see Mudcrutch on Thursday and then Blade on Friday. Haven't decided if we will go to Blade on Saturday or just find a brew pub or something. I guess it depends on how Friday goes.

Can't believe how fast Blade is coming up. Guess I better get back to the grinding room.

Garth

Don't come back until all the grinding is done on the satin WTF's, haha!

Me and my gf will be making our first Blade this year. I can't wait. We're coming from Louisiana to see Mudcrutch on Thursday and then Blade on Friday. Haven't decided if we will go to Blade on Saturday or just find a brew pub or something. I guess it depends on how Friday goes.

That's pretty much what I thought last year, which was my first year going to Blade. I figured I would be at Blade all day Friday and probably have my fill, and then maybe spend the morning at the show and then do some stuff in Atlanta for the rest of the day. That was not the case at all, I spent the entire day Friday and Saturday at Blade and was sorry that I was flying out Sunday morning and wouldn't get to be there on Sunday as well. This year I'll be at Blade all three days!

That's pretty much what I thought last year, which was my first year going to Blade. I figured I would be at Blade all day Friday and probably have my fill, and then maybe spend the morning at the show and then do some stuff in Atlanta for the rest of the day. That was not the case at all, I spent the entire day Friday and Saturday at Blade and was sorry that I was flying out Sunday morning and wouldn't get to be there on Sunday as well. This year I'll be at Blade all three days![/QUOTE]

I did buy the three day pass just incase!

I had planned on going this year but the wife got pregnant so..........Daddy is watching the roost. Number 3 due in August, girl #2.

I had planned on going this year but the wife got pregnant so..........Daddy is watching the roost. Number 3 due in August, girl #2.

Congratulations! I have two myself, a 2 year old boy and a 5 month old girl.

I'll be there:)....for all the festivities.

Two years ago after dinner at FOGO's (which is the first feeding frenzy....literally) I had to get home because I was having surgery Friday morning. Doctor's orders were nothing by mouth after midnight. He didn't say anything about stuffing 8 pounds of meat down your gullet prior to midnight :eek:
I missed the Friday morning rush for the Busse booth because I was in the OR having hernia surgery..............
Saturday morning I was at the Busse booth jumping and diving for cards (not real high or down very low......but I do have a pretty good wing span). I must have been on a lot of pain meds :D

Anyway, looking forward to this year's rumble in the trough

I'll be there:)....for all the festivities.

Two years ago after dinner at FOGO's (which is the first feeding frenzy....literally) I had to get home because I was having surgery Friday morning. Doctor's orders were nothing by mouth after midnight. He didn't say anything about stuffing 8 pounds of meat down your gullet prior to midnight :eek:
I missed the Friday morning rush for the Busse booth because I was in the OR having hernia surgery..............
Saturday morning I was at the Busse booth jumping and diving for cards (not real high or down very low......but I do have a pretty good wing span). I must have been on a lot of pain meds :D

Anyway, looking forward to this year's rumble in the trough

Lol.

FOGO is soooooo good.

I need a proxy at Blade so bad.. Please PM or email me if anyone could assist.

Lol.

FOGO is soooooo good.

I need a proxy at Blade so bad.. Please PM or email me if anyone could assist.

I can try to help you out, just let me know what you are looking for.

what is the difference between feeding frenzy knives and for sale table knives?

It should be pointed out that other than when there is a special offering..."feeding frenzy"... there's always knives on the counter for sale.;):thumbup:

Many custom models are offered during the frenzies with sale prices. Sometimes it's your best chance to get a limited model, and often times Hogs who catch the cards will give them to others who really want that particular knife.;):thumbup:

I was really planning on going this year for my first trip, then I got thrown a "curve ball". Back in January I learned I had lung cancer! I use to be a very heavy smoker, but quit 21 or 22 years ago. Thought I was home free. Boy, was I wrong. Anyway, I'm optimistic and undergoing both radiation and chemo right now, which really kicks my butt! I've lost a lot of weight - 36 lbs (some I needed to lose, but not as much as I have) and am weaker than a 6 year old girl, but hopefully the treatments will continue to work and there is a very slim chance I might be recovered enough to make Blade. If not, next year for sure!:D

Sorry to hear that brother, keep fighting it and know we're pulling for you.
Hopefully we'll catch you there next year:thumbup:

JDE101,

Stay strong brother. I quit a little over 12 yrs ago, but know the risk will always be somewhat elevated vs someone who never smoked. Of course there are a bunch of other factors too, so I guess it's really sort of a crapshoot...

No Blade for me this year, but need to make it a priority for 2017.

Back