1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by uofaengr, May 13, 2015.

1. k_ozdragon

k_ozdragon

Feb 14, 2015
    Oh snap! ;)

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

2. aquaman67

aquaman67

Jan 27, 2012
    Here's an assembled pic

[​IMG]

3. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    More patina on the M4....

[​IMG]

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  4. k_ozdragon

k_ozdragon

Feb 14, 2015
    Sheesh, did u leave it outside in the rain? lol

5. skivic

skivic Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I stopped at vinegar but what ever you used I want hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    It was just fruit/veggies/starches/meat and I left everything on the blade to "season" it. I'd rinse it after while and did a 30 minute vinegar soak to lock in the colors!

[​IMG]

7. k_ozdragon

k_ozdragon

Feb 14, 2015
    I've had really great luck taking strips of paper (post its in my case), soaking them in white vinegar, and sticking them to both sides of the blade at once. They don't do much at first, but as they begin to dry the blade begins to patina. I think these high carbon carbide steels produce colors of blue, bronze, etc naturally vs normal plain carbon steels which just turn darker typically.

8. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2013
    did anyone else have a bunch of red lock tight on the pivot/scale screws when they took theirs apart?

9. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    My pivot screws were lock tighted on pretty good. I hit it with a lighter for a few seconds and it broke loose. I can see how easy it would be strip these screws out if you just try and "muscle" them out!

10. Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    i was surprised to see the red. I did try to muscle it out and stripped a scale screw. i needed a pair of channel locks to get the last screw out of the spacer. I used a hair dryer and then lighter as well. got it done but it was a pain.

11. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Yeah, I've learned that if I have to apply more force than normal, I'll heat up the screws and that will usually do the trick. I've never stripped any screws, only because I learned from others on here that have!

12. Joe Manco

Joe Manco

Jul 6, 2016
    Tip of a soldering iron does a great job too.

13. Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    good idea.

14. Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    lesson learned for me.

15. lead slinger

lead slinger

Mar 8, 2015
    I'm ordering some scales in the next couple of weeks and switching these to my DLC s30v blade. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll try the tip of soldering iron.

16. ejames13

ejames13 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Mine was absolutely slathered in red loctite. Even with a soldering iron I still had some trouble. Fortunately didn't strip any screws though.

17. Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    i hear ya

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Is it the presentation side that has that "step" in the pivot or is it the clip side? I can't remember. I need to tighten up my pivot just a hair and I don't want to tighten the stepped side...

19. Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    not sure what you mean by step?

20. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015

Ditto; mine opens super fast but just has a wee bit too much flex when open.