BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

More patina on the M4....

IMG_3266_zps9tth2juf.jpg

It was just fruit/veggies/starches/meat and I left everything on the blade to "season" it. I'd rinse it after while and did a 30 minute vinegar soak to lock in the colors!

IMG_3265_zpsydad1tre.jpg

I've had really great luck taking strips of paper (post its in my case), soaking them in white vinegar, and sticking them to both sides of the blade at once. They don't do much at first, but as they begin to dry the blade begins to patina. I think these high carbon carbide steels produce colors of blue, bronze, etc naturally vs normal plain carbon steels which just turn darker typically.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

did anyone else have a bunch of red lock tight on the pivot/scale screws when they took theirs apart?

My pivot screws were lock tighted on pretty good. I hit it with a lighter for a few seconds and it broke loose. I can see how easy it would be strip these screws out if you just try and "muscle" them out!

My pivot screws were lock tighted on pretty good. I hit it with a lighter for a few seconds and it broke loose. I can see how easy it would be strip these screws out if you just try and "muscle" them out!

i was surprised to see the red. I did try to muscle it out and stripped a scale screw. i needed a pair of channel locks to get the last screw out of the spacer. I used a hair dryer and then lighter as well. got it done but it was a pain.

i was surprised to see the red. I did try to muscle it out and stripped a scale screw. i needed a pair of channel locks to get the last screw out of the spacer. I used a hair dryer and then lighter as well. got it done but it was a pain.

Yeah, I've learned that if I have to apply more force than normal, I'll heat up the screws and that will usually do the trick. I've never stripped any screws, only because I learned from others on here that have!

I'm ordering some scales in the next couple of weeks and switching these to my DLC s30v blade. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll try the tip of soldering iron.

did anyone else have a bunch of red lock tight on the pivot/scale screws when they took theirs apart?

Mine was absolutely slathered in red loctite. Even with a soldering iron I still had some trouble. Fortunately didn't strip any screws though.

Is it the presentation side that has that "step" in the pivot or is it the clip side? I can't remember. I need to tighten up my pivot just a hair and I don't want to tighten the stepped side...

Ditto; mine opens super fast but just has a wee bit too much flex when open.

Back