BPS Knives of Ukraine

We'll see about the spiky incurved handle. I just ordered one.

(BPSHK04CS)​

4-7 business days.
View attachment 2373683
That's better.
I think I have that one Jer, but haven't carried it much (not been getting out like I used to) :( The things I like best about it are the flat-grind, and the compact size :thumbsup:

GbxArX0.jpg

I think I have that one Jer, but haven't carried it much (not been getting out like I used to) :( The things I like best about it are the flat-grind, and the compact size :thumbsup:

GbxArX0.jpg
I was aware of a 3-inch flat ground that I would have bought if it hadn't been quite as short as 3". This one is a nice surprise to me, even if it isn't really new.

I should have bought Condors when they were priced like BPS still is.

I was aware of a 3-inch flat ground that I would have bought if it hadn't been quite as short as 3". This one is a nice surprise to me, even if it isn't really new.

I should have bought Condors when they were priced like BPS still is.
Maybe that is mine Jer :thumbsup:

I have a few, but have found the BPS knives better made, even if the designs aren't as interesting :thumbsup:

Maybe that is mine Jer :thumbsup:

I have a few, but have found the BPS knives better made, even if the designs aren't as interesting :thumbsup:
Or maybe it's my doublethink. Yesterday 4" was too short and always had been, today 4" is just right and always has been.
Your picture does look like mine.

Man these are tailor-made for me. I'm shocked and a little embarrassed I hadn't found them sooner. I don't need it and don't know what I'll do with it, but I must have that Stand with Ukraine blade. That and something else. Savage or Hk4 maybe. Thanks for turning me on to them!

Man these are tailor-made for me. I'm shocked and a little embarrassed I hadn't found them sooner. I don't need it and don't know what I'll do with it, but I must have that Stand with Ukraine blade. That and something else. Savage or Hk4 maybe. Thanks for turning me on to them!
Welcome to The Porch :) :thumbsup:

X6U9sW3.jpg

Anyone ordered from their site recently? Just curious what shipping times to the US have been like. I’ll probably forget all about it and have a nice surprise one day. A knife showing up one day will be a bonus; I’m mostly just happy to support another Ukrainian company.

Anyone ordered from their site recently? Just curious what shipping times to the US have been like. I’ll probably forget all about it and have a nice surprise one day. A knife showing up one day will be a bonus; I’m mostly just happy to support another Ukrainian company.
Not recently. When I did, delivery was quick, though I don't remember precisely.
Tracking paused between "package loaded on vehicle" and "package arrived at US Customs".

Ordered my BPS knives through their Amazon store. Shipping was about four days.

You were right, of course. I thought they were two knives because on the BPS site I dismissed 3.??" as a three incher, but the people I bought it from rounded up to 4". I make it 3.75".
I could see me cutting off that lanyard hole tab.
CoixgQU.jpg

FQlmTGL.jpg

The sheath is so tight I hold it by the loop to push the blade in. Oil and wax time.

You were right, of course. I thought they were two knives because on the BPS site I dismissed 3.??" as a three incher, but the people I bought it from rounded up to 4". I make it 3.75".
I could see me cutting off that lanyard hole tab.
CoixgQU.jpg

FQlmTGL.jpg

The sheath is so tight I hold it by the loop to push the blade in. Oil and wax time.
Yep to both of those buddy, I wish they'd drop those silly lanyard holes (and the Scandi grinds, and those grips - so tired I can't think what they're called! 🥱:eek:!) :D :thumbsup:

Yep to both of those buddy, I wish they'd drop those silly lanyard holes (and the Scandi grinds, and those grips - so tired I can't think what they're called! 🥱:eek:!) :D :thumbsup:
The lanyard tab is a bummer. Or should say I expect it to be a bummer since I haven’t actually received mine yet. Not sure I’ll want to cut it off flush, but I’m sure I’ll do something to it. Be interested to see what others have done.

On the Savage I'm going to handle over the lanyard tab, maybe or maybe not putting a hole through the wood. (Really, some day soon.) This little guy I think will be fine if the hole tab is out of the way of my pinkie.
I might end up blunting the finger-separating chisels a bit.
I ran a chain-saw file over the jimping, which seemed a bit sharp.
Nice little knife, though. I don't mind a good knife under $30 needing a bit of sanding.
tWsxvkV.jpg

It doesn't look much different after the oil and wax.

Last edited:
On the Savage I'm going to handle over the lanyard tab, maybe or maybe not putting a hole through the wood. (Really, some day soon.) This little guy I think will be fine if the hole tab is out of the way of my pinkie.
I might end up blunting the finger-separating chisels a bit.
I ran a chain-saw file over the jimping, which seemed a bit sharp.
Nice little knife, though. I don't mind a good knife under $30 needing a bit of sanding.
tWsxvkV.jpg

It doesn't look much different after the oil and wax.
I agree Jer, at that price you don't mind doing a bit of improving :) :thumbsup:

O6eS4zE.jpg

Not that I've done anything with mine, apart from soften the sheath up a bit! :D

Back